Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Head Salesman

Space Mountain Interior Pics?

Has anybody ever broken the "no flash photography" rule on Space Mountain? A lot of people do it on other rides, yet you never really get any decent on-ride photos of SM. What is it about the ride that intrigues us all so much that we're too mesmerized to disobey? Thoughts?

Oh, and I am fishing for interior photos, mainly ones of the main lift and its new design. I can't find any anywhere!
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Closed Account

Re: Space Mountain Interior Pics?

There isn't a new track design. It's the same layout as before.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

I dunno if there's anything really special about the Space Mtn. interior, if you want to know what it looks like there's a model of the track at the Opera House on Main Street.

• Head Salesman

No, no. I know the track layout. I'm talking about the main lift tunnel itself, with the projected effect on the walls—photos of the tube's interior design. Imagine if you were on the ride and had just started going up the main lift (lift #2). I wanna see what that view would be if you were to take a picture looking up the tube. Nobody ever takes a picture of that. I'm working on something for my site.

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam
    No, no. I know the track layout. I'm talking about the main lift tunnel itself, with the projected effect on the walls—photos of the tube's interior design. Imagine if you were on the ride and had just started going up the main lift (lift #2). I wanna see what that view would be if you were to take a picture looking up the tube. Nobody ever takes a picture of that. I'm working on something for my site.
    I can help you out there Sam. I happened to take video of the lifts last time I was there. Just the lifts though- once inside the 'mountain' itself I shut the thing off because A. I didn't want to ruin my ride experience and waste my fastpass, B. because I didn't want to drop the darn thing, and C. because it's just too dark in there for most videocameras such as mine.

I'll see if I can't get some image captures up here (or perhaps video?).

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam
    It's the new tomorrowland theme, isn't it?

Anyway.

I'll send along some video, Sam.

If you're referring to the 'spinning tunnel' lift... the effect is created with many mini digital screens, alternating images to give the illusion you're spinning. It's something you really have to be there in the middle of to experience. I think a flash pic of it really wouldn't capture the feel of what's going on...- and also- not show the effect off at all..(plus ruin it for the guests who are riding it at the time.) They already have the flash go off in the re-entry tunnel for the souvenir pic...which kinda bugs me...cause it gets in the way of the cool effect there... but... they kinda have to do it there.

• Head Salesman

Thanks for the video, Club 33; it helped a little. At least I know exactly what the effect looks like. I can kinda make out the tunnel's design, but the ceiling is really dark; maybe I can do an image capture and adjust the image to reveal its secrets to me. Of course, after watching the video, I realize that what I'm planning would work so much better with the new audio. I won't ask for assistence for that on here—big no-no.

Yeah- well you've got at least part of it on your Musical History of Disneyland set Sam.

Glad I could be of some help Sam. Unfortunetly it's so dark that filming is hard. Even a flash picture would probably come out blurry (it would be forced to hold the shutter open for too long in order to get enough light in the exposure. W/O a tripod you need a shutter speed of at least 60 to get a still shot).

I tried to bump up the brightness and contrast on the video as much as I could.

Oh, for those of you watching this thread out there, here's the video:

http://www.carouselofmagic.com/SM_Lifts.WMV

Next time, maybe I'll film using 'Cat's Eye', which is in black and white but should reveal the tunnel's design much better.

• Minion

I doubt this will help, but I thought I'd post it anyway. It's a CG video of the entire ride. After viewing it again, I see that it doesn't really show the effect you're looking to see. Oh well. Hope you enjoy it anyway!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ide&pr=goog-sl

Besides; that seems to be a video of the older Space Mountain, at least the music anyway.

Still cool though.

• :)

that video shows a rather large straight shooter drop and I dont think there are any of those on space...are there? :-/

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by mulishaCM
    that video shows a rather large straight shooter drop and I dont think there are any of those on space...are there? :-/
    There is a drop, but it isn't as long or steep as the one in that video.

I have a copy of SM ridden with the lights on. I'll try to post it when I dig it up. (its on an old comp somewhere)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast