Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Toad Hall

Jolly Holiday Bakery said to open on January 4th!

News going around that Jolly Holiday Bakery is going to open on January 4th. Very exciting news and with that opening most likely see the rest of the bakery and others shut down the same day. Are you guys excited that its opening so early in January!
    <font size=4> </font>

• Banned User

Re: Jolly Holiday Bakery said to open on January 4th!

Not really, it did say a new surprise THIS WINTER, so it opening the first week of January is not surprising.

• Minion

I'm excited! I mean, I just excited about it opening whenever it will be, but the 4th seems so close now, I can't wait to see it!

im excited to eat !

•   
    • Minion

I just hope they have cupcakes. And lots of them.

• Minion

ORWEN: This is great news! The sooner they open it the better! A Mary Poppins Bakery on Main Street is a perfect fit!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yay, gives me something new to do when I go next month....I am pretty excited for this I like the the little tributes to the movie and think its going to be a very good addition to the street

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I look forward to seeing it for myself, yes.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post
    News going around that Jolly Holiday Bakery is going to open on January 4th. Very exciting news and with that opening most likely see the rest of the bakery and others shut down the same day. Are you guys excited that its opening so early in January!
    I am, but for "insider" reasons. It was originally scheduled to open this week, but prior to the start of the winter peak season, it was decided to open it once peak season was done. The interior architecture and details are just about complete. Everyone is going to love the decor. The Imagineers did quite a nice job with the theming. Also, there has been some extensive guest testing done with the food offerings. The guest reaction was quite positive. I don't know if I'm permitted to share the details of the final menu, but I can tell you it will be very well received by the guests. The Resort has recently been on a mission of revamping the menus Resort-wide, and has been doing an excellent job . You can already see the improvements at the Village Haus and Hungry Bear (instituted when they reopened after their refurb) as well as the Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel, and Paradise Garden at DCA. The food offerings at these locations are the direct result of guest input, and I'm glad the Resort is going this route. You'll be seeing more of the improved food offerings once places like Buena Vista Street and Cars Land opens.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    I am, but for "insider" reasons. It was originally scheduled to open this week, but prior to the start of the winter peak season, it was decided to open it once peak season was done. The interior architecture and details are just about complete. Everyone is going to love the decor. The Imagineers did quite a nice job with the theming. Also, there has been some extensive guest testing done with the food offerings. The guest reaction was quite positive. I don't know if I'm permitted to share the details of the final menu, but I can tell you it will be very well received by the guests. The Resort has recently been on a mission of revamping the menus Resort-wide, and has been doing an excellent job . You can already see the improvements at the Village Haus and Hungry Bear (instituted when they reopened after their refurb) as well as the Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel, and Paradise Garden at DCA. The food offerings at these locations are the direct result of guest input, and I'm glad the Resort is going this route. You'll be seeing more of the improved food offerings once places like Buena Vista Street and Cars Land opens.
    I agree, the quality of food has definitely gone up at the resort. Now if only there would be a choice between sweet potato and regular fries...
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Now if only there would be a choice between sweet potato and regular fries...
    Doh, you hit a sensitive spot. I honestly don't know why they're not offering both. But you know what? I've never been a fan of sweet potato fries elsewhere, but the ones at the Bungry Bear are quite delicious.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    Doh, you hit a sensitive spot. I honestly don't know why they're not offering both. But you know what? I've never been a fan of sweet potato fries elsewhere, but the ones at the Bungry Bear are quite delicious.
    I tried them and ended up getting a side of rings and feeding the fries to the ducks. But the rest was quite good.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• DLR Cast Member

I'm not allowed to order the Onion Rings. I find I like them too much :-)

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

You know, I have absolutely no opinion on this thread......
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Sock Puppet

Can't wait! This will mean more construction at Disneyland, versus that of DCA! And progress in my opinion is often times a good thing. Especially considering the fact that this location has been neglected all these years!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast