Disney Animation Christmas Event? Please help me remember!

So I wasn't quite sure which section of the forums to post this in...however I feel like the Disneyland Resort thread was the most appropriate (if not, admins please move this thread!).

Basically, after watching The Pixar Story (wonderful documentary!) I suddenly remembered how for several years my family and I (as a kid) would go to this Christmas event at the Walt Disney Animation Studios in Burbank, California. From my recollection, they offered tours and picture opportunities and even the chance to decorate holiday cookies (I think I'm crazy to think this...). The problem is I can't remember what it was called.

I google'd this but nothing came up with what I was looking for. Or maybe I was just searching wrong. Would anyone happen to know of this event and if it is still going on today?

Thank you so much!

Re: Disney Animation Christmas Event? Please help me remember!

Anyone familiar with this event?

• Hiding from the Sheeple

I am quite familiar with these events but I don't know if they had a name associated with them. I just dug out a green photo album that was a gift at one of the events with an insert on Feature Animation letterhead that reads "Here's to 2000 Feature Animation memories and the countless more that lay ahead. Best wishes for the holidays." it is signed by Thomas Schumacher.

I will keep looking through my other items from these events to see if I can find an actual event name.

Thanks Disneynut! I was too young at the time to remember the event...and it's killing me because my parents don't seem to really remember either.

Edit: Just asked my mom, she thinks it had to do something along the likes of a "Disney Craft Fair"?

Edit (again sorry!): Got the name....Disney's Magical Holiday Faire sound familiar? I feel like this event is pretty much nonexistent now....
    Last edited by tullelle; 12-19-2011 at 10:44 PM.

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Quote Originally Posted by tullelle View Post
    Got the name....Disney's Magical Holiday Faire sound familiar? I feel like this event is pretty much nonexistent now....
    Yes, you are correct. I was incorrectly thinking you were referring to the holiday staff party at Animation (where I received all of my gifts).

The Disney's Magical Holiday Faire was one of the rare events where they would open the studio to the public. They would have tours, craft items for sale and would allow shopping at the Disney Store on the stuido lot.

My understanding is that they cancelled these events sometime around 2002.