Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Lightbulb Cars Land Max Capacity how will it be done?

So I just found out this evening that Cars Land will have it's own set Max Capacity for the land, as Leads have not told us anything else but that. We do not know what the max number will be and my question I asked my lead was how are they going to control who comes in and comes out? Her response was Disney Management has not told them anything else about the details just that it will have a Maximum Capacity.

So my question is how do you all think they would control this Maximum Capacity place as there will be 2 entrances to Cars Land. The one Main entrance will be where Aqua Farm was, the second will be over by Tuck and Rolls Drive Em Buggies, that is why they have been sprucing up Flick's Fun Fair with new paint and things. So again how do you all for see them controlling the Maximum Capacity into Cars Land?

•   
    • Minion

Re: Cars Land Max Capacity how will it be done?

They could always do fastpass entrance, like World Of Color...ie, you need a timed ticket to get into the land, and the ticket gives you, say, a two-hour block of time. You have CMs at the entrance and nobody gets in without a ticket. I could even see them taking the WoC ticket machines and re-purposing them for Carsland.

They could also put turnstiles at the gates to count all of the entrances and exits, and stop allowing people in when they reach capacity. That's how they figure out how to close the gates on the days DLR is super busy, right? They stop when they've processed a certain number of tickets/passes at the entrances.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I'm sure that this will just be for the first few months to avoid crowd rushes and jostling. That makes sense. The last thing DCA needs is a feeling of separation between what is there now and the best and brightest new parts of the park.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

At the WWOHP they have a stand by queue, and a reservation ticket distribution system. So you can either wait 4 hours in line just to get into the land or get a ticket to come back a a much later time in the day.

It works fairly well, Universal put live music in the queue area, and other entertainment offerings to keep people entertained.

I would imagine Disney might do something like that... however, is Carsland really going to be that popular?
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

Yes cars land is going to be VERY popular.

• Under that tree again!

Do something like the ST queue when it was taped to the ground of the Hub. Make the RSR queue overflow down to the crossroad and run to the west on the crossroad, under the arch and out of the land. All the extra people that come into CL to ride it would have to exit CL to get into the line. This would naturally reduce the guest numbers in the land by using the third entrance/exit of CL.

Do likewise with LRT, out the east entrance into FFF and from MJJ out into the Golden State area and backing down the path toward BVS.

Doing this will not majorly disrupt traffic flow in the park, let many more people stand in line, and CL will only have people wandering around, dining, shopping or exiting the attractions left in it. Rather than huge mobs trying to push into the rides.

I want to work Carsland!
    I start working DLR in January.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by itsmattg View Post
    I want to work Carsland!
    I start working DLR in January.
    Carsland will not be a NEW HIRE attraction. You have so many others in seniority that are trying to get over there.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    ...is Carsland really going to be that popular?
    A good question.

Remembering the over-the-top plans that Disney had for the opening of DCA, a very good question.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonAppleDear View Post
    Carsland will not be a NEW HIRE attraction. You have so many others in seniority that are trying to get over there.
    Even if I'm in the CP? :/

I actually know of a new hire that will be working in Cars Land.

And i think I know of how the whole thing will work out.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mavmaestre View Post
    I actually know of a new hire that will be working in Cars Land.

And i think I know of how the whole thing will work out.
    Well that is good to know. I don't do attractions anymore THANK GOSH!!!!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    A good question.

Remembering the over-the-top plans that Disney had for the opening of DCA, a very good question.
    RSR is a definite. Lines will probably massive for this particular rides for months. Plus it's opening in the summertime. Keep away for a few months and the crowds in Carslands (with the exception of RSR) will eventually distribute themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmattg View Post
    Even if I'm in the CP? :/
    CP puts you at the bottom rung of the Cast Member ladder unfortunately (what I learned given my past experience with the program). Plus I would think they would want people working in Carsland that will be there for longer than a semester since it's a new place.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

CP puts you at the bottom rung of the Cast Member ladder unfortunately (what I learned given my past experience with the program). Plus I would think they would want people working in Carsland that will be there for longer than a semester since it's a new place.
    I plan on staying staying after if I can get hired on as a regular CM since I am "local"
    And it's long than a semester.

So I just found out this evening that Cars Land will have it's own set Max Capacity for the land, as Leads have not told us anything else but that. We do not know what the max number will be and my question I asked my lead was how are they going to control who comes in and comes out? Her response was Disney Management has not told them anything else about the details just that it will have a Maximum Capacity.

So my question is how do you all think they would control this Maximum Capacity place as there will be 2 entrances to Cars Land. The one Main entrance will be where Aqua Farm was, the second will be over by Tuck and Rolls Drive Em Buggies, that is why they have been sprucing up Flick's Fun Fair with new paint and things. So again how do you all for see them controlling the Maximum Capacity into Cars Land?
    There will be three entrances to Cars Land. You're forgetting the arch entrance.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast