Edit: Updated as of 2/1412 with part V.

Scroll down for Part I.

For Part II, click HERE
    For Part III, click HERE
    For Part IV, click
    HERE
    For Part V, Click HERE

Hi Everyone!

I was hoping to get a few more shots up in my Autumn thread, but I ran out of time, and suddenly the holiday season was upon us. After making several trips to the resort with my camera recently, I'm hoping to get quite a few more shots up in this thread before Spring arrives. Included should be shots of the park decorations, the Candlelight Ceremony, as well as several rainy day shots as I was able to run around in the rain quite a bit last week.

Before proceeding with the photos though, I just wanted share a bit of news in that one of my shots recently made the cover of 76 Pyro Magazine. The December issue just arrived in the mail a couple days ago, and it includes an article that I wrote on my experiences shooting fireworks in the park along with a five page photo spread. Here's the cover:

My First Magazine Cover! by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

For those of you who are fireworks enthusiasts, you may already be familiar with this publication, and if not, please feel free to check them out. Subscription and single copy information can be found at '76 Pyro - THE Fireworks Magazine. I did want to add that "Shoot Fireworks Like a Pro" was added by the editor. I don't consider myself to be a "pro" at this stage in my life as I am constantly trying to improve and I realize just how far I have to go every time I head out with my camera.

I also wanted to give a huge thank you to all of the past and current photographers on Micechat. As I've posted before, it was only due to the photographers on this site that I went out and purchased my first DSLR camera back in 2005.

On with the update!

PART I

More Candlelight photos will be coming soon, but here are a couple from Main Street just to give a slightly different perspective:

The Line For Candlelight by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

Walt And Mickey Take In The Candlelight Ceremony by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

This was taken from the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain on the parade filming day. The bright spots were still on the castle during the evening hours:

Early Winter Snowfall by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

Just wanted to throw this in as this night at Club 33 featured three of my Micechat photo buddies and their wives/girlfriend. Pictured around the table are Ring of Fire Hot Sauce (Michael Greening), Corsair 13 (Gregg Cooper) and Photo Stud (Ryan Pastorino) and their lovely companions. Note how all three are either shooting or holding a camera. I thought it was hilarious that we probably spent more time shooting up there than eating:

Dinner Is Served (Explored) by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

More shots from the past few weeks:

A Stormy Day In Fantasyland by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

Enjoying The View (Explored) by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

Monorail Orange (Explored at #2 on 11/21/11) by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

Late Autumn On The Rivers Of America (Explored at #2 on 11/24/11) by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

Flag Retreat At The End Of A Winter's Day by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

Attempting to go Tom Bricker on this one...

Believe In Holiday Magic (27 seconds) by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

One Final Look At Autumn On The Rivers Of America by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

Christmastime Is Here by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

And on this final shot for this opening batch, I think I may have come across something unique in that this particular angle of the tree is pretty tough to get during the holidays during the blue hour as a parade is usually making its way up Main Street during this time. On this particular night (last Monday) the park was closing early due to the Cast Member Christmas Party. It had just finished pouring moments before I took this shot, and I was able to grab a bit of the reflection as everything went white during the castle lighting:

The White Tree At Blue Hour by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

For Part II, click HERE
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 02-14-2012 at 11:58 PM.

• Tom Bricker

Re: Mac Daddy's 2011 Winter/Holiday Photo Thread

Awesome stuff, as always. Regardless of what you think, I think you're a pro (at least in terms of talent).

Great work again Mac Daddy!

Wow, beautiful stuff! Definitely inspires me to keep working away at my photog skills!

And, I agree with Mr. Bricker

• Curiouser

Those are all beautiful! Congrats on your first magazine cover!

• Down Pluto!

Thanks - you continue to inspire...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Indiana Scott

Thanks so much for all those Mac Daddy - I can't wait for the rest!

• waitin' to board

great pics.......!

• far, far away from DL

Congrats on the magazine cover! Your pictures are so beautiful.

• Say Cheese!

Perfection.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Talk about a giant step forward, and one well earned. Congratulations my self-made professional shutterbugger friend who's photographs and articles have just begun to brighten and enlighten the world through magazines as wllas all mana through media. I sense a second career is on the horizon....with firworks set to the music of life.

I know this is hokey, but a celebration of song is due:

Saturday In n The Park - Chicago

chicago - saturday in the park LIVE - YouTube

---------- Post added 12-20-2011 at 04:12 AM ----------

Pic. 1 - The cross beams of yellow light reaching skyward behind the towering Christmas tree are quite heavenly; the decorated Main Street buuidings to each side bringing out the brilliace even more.

Pic. 2 - The Partners statue of Walt and Mickey peering past the tree at the lit up buildings and Candlelight ceremony definitely brings the magic to life.

Pic. 3 - The pink castle looks lke candy, and the blue turret roofing appears to be covered with big sploches of icing. Yum! That's one scrumpcious looking photo!

Pic. 4 - One of your classiest depth perception photoes (what do you call that type of imagery again?). Anywho... I hope the table doesn't slide forward and dump the people on the floor.

Pic. 5 - You're have your own mastery of style when it comes to making clouds look ominous above in contrast with a vibrant park. Compelling in the extreme.

Pic. 6 - This castle picture is so hot it appears as though simebody needs to call the fire department.

Pic. 7 - One the most beautiful, dramatic photos of the monorail, subs and lagoon that I have ever seen. There seems to be a slight curved manipulation involved.

Pic. 8 - What I like best about this one is the reflection of the clouds in Rivers of America the water.

Pic. 9 - It appears like the Christmas tree is flying Old Glory as bothe the tree and flag aspire to reach up toward the ominous clouds.

Pic. 10 - Your mixture of shadows and colorful bursts are supreme!

Pic. 11 - I'm staining inside the steam boat as it appears a storm is underway!

Pic. 12 - Light specled trees and an ice castle glisten to the delight of Partners, Walt and Mickey.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-20-2011 at 10:08 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Absolutely beautiful. They look like Disneyland, only moreso.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I saw that cover on your flikr feed!! Wow... just... wow... and to think... I knew you when.... Totally amazing pictures!!!

Was "Early Winter Snowfall" shot in HDR? Do you do the HDR with the camera, or post production on the computer?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFigment View Post
    Awesome stuff, as always. Regardless of what you think, I think you're a pro (at least in terms of talent).
    Thanks, Tom. As so many of my ideas come from you, it helps to have a real pro around to inspire me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    Great work again Mac Daddy!
    Thanks Gamedog!

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    Wow, beautiful stuff! Definitely inspires me to keep working away at my photog skills!
    And, I agree with Mr. Bricker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Thanks - you continue to inspire...
    Thanks Whitesrat and Sambo. It really means a lot to be an inspiration to anyone as the ONLY reason I picked up a DSLR years ago was from the fact that I was inspired by the amazing photographers on Micechat. I look forward to seeing many more of YOUR shots on Micechat.

Quote Originally Posted by 17goingon3 View Post
    Those are all beautiful! Congrats on your first magazine cover!
    Thanks 17goingon3!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Thanks so much for all those Mac Daddy - I can't wait for the rest!
    Thanks Scott G.

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure View Post
    great pics.......!
    Thanks Treasure!

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl View Post
    Congrats on the magazine cover! Your pictures are so beautiful.
    Thanks Disneygirl.

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyPhotoGuy View Post
    Perfection.
    Thanks DPG. I haven't seen as many shots from you lately, so I hope you get on the stick and post many more soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Talk about a giant step forward, and one well earned. Congratulations my self-made professional shutterbugger friend who's photographs and articles have just begun to brighten and enlighten the world through magazines as wllas all mana through media. I sense a second career is on the horizon....with firworks set to the music of life.
    Thanks RW! I don't know about the second career thing, but it certainly is what I plan on doing when I "retire."

Quote Originally Posted by okerry View Post
    Absolutely beautiful. They look like Disneyland, only moreso.
    Thanks OKerry!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I saw that cover on your flikr feed!! Wow... just... wow... and to think... I knew you when.... Totally amazing pictures!!!

Was "Early Winter Snowfall" shot in HDR? Do you do the HDR with the camera, or post production on the computer?
    Thanks Pengy! The Early Snowfall shot was not HDR, but the lighting is a bit unusual in that they had that thing lit up into next week. Instead of the normal castle lights, they had used the high powered scoop lights around the perimeter for the TV shoot as it was a bit cloudy and they wanted to make sure that castle could be seen on Television. But several of my other shots do involve a bit of HDR, and I always do that kind of thing in post. I'm currently using the latest version of Photomatix (4) and a program called Nik Color Efex Pro for most of my post work. I've gotten several ideas from both Tom Bricker (WDW Figment) who doesn't use much HDR at all, and Gregg Cooper (Corsair13) who is the Jedi master of HDR. Gregg's HDR is always spectacular, but never over the top. Tom's shots LOOK like they could be HDR but he accomplishes most of his amazing balance of color and sharpness with layering and other post work, although much of what he does tends to be in the camera before he starts working. I'm trying to learn from both of these guys and keep looking over their shoulders whenever I get the chance.

More shots on deck.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

This is why you're one of my favorite Micechat posters! I always look forward to your pictures, MacDaddy ~ great job as always. I can't wait to see more of your Candlelight 2011 shots. Please post soon!

Lannie Bartlett

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast