View Poll Results: SHould Disneyland serve Alcohol during New years eve?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 22.92%
  • No

37 77.08%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Toad Hall

Should Disneyland serve alcohol during New Years Eve events?

I know most people on here would even despise of alcohol at Disneyland but Im curious to know why not. It would be a huge seller at Disneyland during the even as it is in California Adventure. Just curious to hear your opinions on the matter.
    <font size=4> </font>

• Sock Puppet

Re: Should Disneyland serve alcohol during New Years Eve events?

I think no, Walt said he did not want alcohol in Disneyland because he felt it would take away from the family-friendly experience that the park gives off. I think New Years Eve should be no exception. However, this is just my opinion.

No, if it was a separately ticketed event then maybe. It's still a regular Disneyland operating day so they should still keep the no alcohol policy.

• Insomniac

If you let it in once it would make people mad when you didn't offer it always. Disneyland should be kept dry except for Club 33 and for special events. If you let it in once it will eventually get to the point where Disneyland always sells it.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Iron-Clad Allie

Yes, alcolol should be sold at Disneyland, but only at Innoventions. People might actually be able to bear being there if good stiff drimks were offered....and they should keep plenty of stock on hand!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Minion

No. One reason being that 95% of the people who visit Disneyland are going to be driving home, and that's not safe. Unless they were to keep the park open until dawn and serve breakfast.

Another reason would be that it's such a huge event, and when people are in large crowds and they're drinking/drunk, things can get out of control quickly. The Times Square NYE festivities do not allow drinking for that reason.

A third would be that Disneyland's NYE probably offers a viable "dry", but lively, alternative to those who, for whatever reason, do not want to be at an event with alcohol.

• keh!

yes. the drunk in me wants to party it up at Disneyland with some delicious booze.

• Banned User

Yes, please God, yes! Just drink responsibly.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    No. One reason being that 95% of the people who visit Disneyland are going to be driving home, and that's not safe. Unless they were to keep the park open until dawn and serve breakfast.

Another reason would be that it's such a huge event, and when people are in large crowds and they're drinking/drunk, things can get out of control quickly. The Times Square NYE festivities do not allow drinking for that reason.

A third would be that Disneyland's NYE probably offers a viable "dry", but lively, alternative to those who, for whatever reason, do not want to be at an event with alcohol.
    Malina they could easily go to DCA and get drunk at the cove bar or go to Grand Californian to Hearthstone Lounge and drink too full bar there. Disneyland will never go alcohol it just won't happen. And if we spot someone who appears to be under the influence of alcohol we must alert security. And you can be arrested for public intoxication. I had to call security on am an last year at Electronica he was highly inebriated and acting angry and yelling. Security came and took him backstage I dunno what happened to him.

Plus with all that you run into the trouble of underage drinking, as we had a guest who was underage in DCA drinking and he fell from Tower of Terror.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Can't Disney be fined or lose their liquor license for selling drinks to minors?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Can't Disney be fined or lose their liquor license for selling drinks to minors?
    Well they didnt sell it to a minor. It was sold to a person over 21 who then gave the liquor to the individual. Also people sneak in booze all the time as well. Disney sells 2 drinks maximum per guest at their location. It slightly prohibits the underage drinking. But as a CM we are to watch for those who we think might be under the age and consuming alcohol and alert security to this.

• Dont make me unfriend you

There are plenty of places to go and drink on New Year's. Disneyland is one of the few "family safe" party places that I know of in So Cal. or remember when I lived there.

I was just reading the Soccor Mom / anti stroller thread. You want to add liquor to that?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    There are plenty of places to go and drink on New Year's. Disneyland is one of the few "family safe" party places that I know of in So Cal. or remember when I lived there.
    Exactly. There's plenty of room in the world for different kinds of places to celebrate.

• Banned User

My feeling is that alcohol should be served in controlled environments in Disneyland like a separate drinking area. All drinks should be finished before leaving the area. Disneyland should allow it for special events. Perhaps New Years Eve should be a separately ticketed event, but even if it isn't, alcohol should be allowed.

• Future Cast Member

No, and no Disney park should serve alcohol.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast