Pirate Band in New Orleans area

I'm sure someone has an answer to this and I'm just out of the loop for some reason.....

Last month when I visited the park I ran across a pirate band in NOS near the entrance to POTC but closer to Cafe Orleans. I think there were 4 or 5 of them and they played different instruments and sang pirate songs and such. They were all really talented. Since then I haven't been able to find any information about them....like their name, or schedule. Does anyone have this info or know where I can find it? Also, do they sell their CD in the park? I would love to have that music to listen to at home, it was so catchy and fun.

any help???????

Re: Pirate Band in New Orleans area

Heh, I wonder if "Captain Bogg and Salty" was brought in. (Jake and the Neverland Pirates' "band" is made up of two of it's members, who also play/voice "sharky" and "bones" in the show.) They are considered the founders of the Portland (OR) "Pirate Rock" scene.

I'm not familiar with them but after reading your post I checked them out on youtube and I don't think that's who it was. The group I saw had no electric instruments and they played more old time pirate music ("authentic" pirate music?) They had more of an old time Disney feel then the group you mentioned. Thanks for the tip though. I really wish I could find out more about the group I saw. I would love to see them again. They were really impressive and entertaining.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

They are called the Bootstrappers, and have no "schedule" a la Billy Hill in the guidemaps...it's catch as catch can, more or less.

I quite enjoy them myself, my favorite of the park's live entertainments. Sadly, there is no official CD I have ever seen available.

• Sock Puppet

Wow, I never knew they had a pirate band performing in New Orleans Square! Hopefully I wil run into them sometime soon.

wow, this is amazing. This is definitely the band I saw. They were incredible. I know you mentioned that they have no schedule, like the billies, however I have noticed at the Golden Horseshoe that they at least list the times that the billies will be performing. Does anyone know at what time or times this pirate band performs? ...or I guess I should call them "The Bootstrappers" now that I've learned their name

Also, does anyone have any recordings of theirs music or know if they sell a CD in the park. I just love these guys!

• DLR Cast Member

They currently play Monday through Thursday - Currently 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 1:00, 2:30, 3:30, and 4:30. The first 3 sets and the 3:30 are done in front of Cafe Orleans, the 1:00 and 2:30 are "raft" sets where they ride the raft to Tom Sawyer's Island, play over there for a few minutes, then ride the raft back. The 4:30 set is done in the "alley" between the Blue Bayou and the New Orleans Square train station. There are some videos on the Internet, but there are no CDs.

wow, thank you so much. that is awesome. I definitely going to see them next time I'm in the park. I can't believe they don't sell a CD in the park. I mean, the billies have a CD and I think the Daper Dans have a CD. The bootstrappers really should have one. They are incredible. Does any one know how they select which groups have CDs and which don't?

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I have always enjoyed listening when they have appeared. I once told the girl fiddle player she should be in the Billy Show!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!