• Cunning infiltrator

Lightbulb My very first Disneyland Holiday trip and crowd/sightseeing questions.

Since, I'd never have a chance to go to Disneyland during the holiday season and therefore I never experience it in person. I often miss out on it and most of my visits to the resort is usually on off-season and mostly October. Of course, I'm a Disneyland regular, even though I don't live in Anaheim. I go to Disneyland at least 1-3 times per year with planning of my own and I go mostly with my mother and sometimes my friends (if they're available). Also, I know my way around the whole park without the map and I know most the secrets and hidden gems surrounding the park. This will be my very first trip to the Holiday season at the Disneyland Resort and I want to know how large the crowd will be.

Recently, I've bought a new digital camera back in Thanksgiving from Amazon.com. Sony Cybershot DSC-WX9, the picture quality and video quality is great; same for the low-lightning pictures and video. I'll be using my new camera to take and record lots of pictures and videos. Once I return, I'll share my pictures and videos to Micechatters as a small trip report.

So, can anyone recommend me what is a good place to start off your day during the holiday season at Disneyland park? I'm going this week on December 23 before Christmas and how large will the crowd will be during weekdays? What sightseeing and new holiday secrets are at the Disneyland Resort? How's the experience compare to the Summer season and Halloween season?

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Banned User

Re: My very first Disneyland Holiday trip and crowd/sightseeing questions.

Crowds will be excessive and since you are coming the 23rd we might hit Full Capacity which is roughly 65,000 we should hit that between Thursday thru Jan 2nd. I recommend you get there EARLY. And start out on Main St take lots of pics. Since you know the layout of the park you won't have trouble getting around. I just say do what makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. And have a Magical Trip.

• If only Walt were here...

Burbank, CA (near The Walt Disney Studios)

I'm going the 23rd also! I'd recommend starting on one side of the park, then working your way through the lands as if you're going around them in a circle - it's a lot easier (at least for me) to stay out of the bustling crowds in the plaza, and you can be sure to cover everything without constantly having to make several trips back and forth. That said, try to get as many Fastpasses as possible early on, as it's likely they'll run out before noon (for all of the good rides, that is). Hope you enjoy your trip!

We went last year during Christmas week for the first time. Never again. Way too crowded. You can get all the same holiday experience without the crowds if you go the week after Thanksgiving, all the same decorations ,snow. space mountain, haunted mansion. it`s a small world set up for the holiday.

• Cunning infiltrator

Thanks, guys for the advice and info. I'll throughway enjoy my visit to Disneyland during the holidays. Still, I'd wish the crowds were much smaller, too many people can make it hectic and slightly annoying when it comes to screaming children and moving strollers.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Hello Dolly.

Crowds... If you've been to Disney a lot it isn't really that bad. Knowing your way around the park & knowing what rides should be ridden at what time really helps.

It will be insanely crowded, but just arrive early & hit the main rides (Space, Indy, Star Tours) & don't forget to get a fastpass for one of them, ride the higher capacity rides in the afternoon (Pirates, HMH, Jungle Cruise), ride kid rides while parades or going on when it's late at night (Small World, Fantasyland rides) & at night things should be a lot more calm (usually 30min wait or less for a lot of the rides). Make a good use of fastpass. You won't have the experience of the park being relaxed, but you can still hit most of the rides & see a lot of the Holiday offerings.

Parades & fireworks arrive an hour before though if you want a good spot.

Main Street during the fireworks is one of my favorites moments during any season of Disneyland. Walking down the street with snow & Christmas music is such a lovely environment.
    Small World Projections, New Orleans Square, Haunted Mansion Holiday, & Main Street offer the most holiday decorations. Though they are all over the park. Big Thunder Ranch is also a treat too, as Santa takes residence there, as well as his reindeers.

What we used to do was to omit going to tomorrowland. We saw plenty of it in other parts of the year, and felt that it had less of the special holiday season charm than the other lands.