Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Editors Note from Al on Disneyland's Firework Cancelations

Here's A quick note from Al on the situation with Disneyland's sudden cancelation of fireworks. There could be a show tonight, then none again until OSHA inspects and approves the fireworks to continue.

EDITOR’S NOTE 12/25: Two separate accidents involving the loading of pyro shells on the 22nd and 23rd have put the fireworks show at Disneyland on hold for the last three days. There is a show already loaded in the launch tubes, but they've decided to wait until the higher attendance Christmas day to use it. Then it goes dark again as a new performance can't be loaded until the OSHA officials show up to investigate on Tuesday. More info should be available on that day. - Al Lutz
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Editors Note from Al on Disneyland's Firework Cancelations

Better safe than sorry.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

We were in Disneyland on the 22nd and expected the fireworks to be canceled due to high winds. We heard an announcement that Fantasmic! was canceled earlier that evening "due to inclement weather and for the safety of our performers."
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 6956 miles, 398,000 feet

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Better safe than sorry.
    Exactly.

I hope that any CMs affected by the accidents will recover quickly, and that Disneyland can figure out what went wrong and get it fixed soon.

• Minion

I Hope they wait tell cail oshsa can expent the fire works its chrismas not new yers
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Iron-Clad Allie

For over 55 years, OSHA has had zero say as to the scheduling of the fireworks and other Disneyland outdoor special effects shows. I hope that it will not use the two unfortunate accidents as a wedge to take control over determining when Disney can offer the Fireworks, Fantasmic! and World of Color shows to us. Give GrinchOSHA an inch and it will take a mile....and as colateral damage, our smiles.

you're a mean one mr. grinch jim carrey - YouTube

Here's to hoping the Firworks show will continue Monday night, following Christmas.

Feliz Navidad - Remix - YouTube
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-26-2011 at 09:20 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    For over 55 years, OSHA has had zero say as to the scheduling of the fireworks and other Disneyland outdoor special effects shows. I hope that it will not use the two unfortunate accidents as a wedge to take control over determining when Disney can offer the Fireworks, Fantasmic! and World of Color to us. Give GrinchOSHA an inch and it will take a mile....and as colateral damage, our smiles.
    Wrong. By law, Cal-OSHA must enforce worker safety in California's amusement park industry. As has been documented in dozens of threads over the years, Cal-OSHA has nothing to do with scheduling events at Disneyland, "giving an inch and taking a mile" or "taking away our smiles." I hope this thread doesn't turn into yet another OSHA-bashfest of ridiculous misinformation and outlandish accusations.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 12-26-2011 at 08:33 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

For over 55 years, OSHA has had zero say as to the scheduling of the fireworks and other Disneyland outdoor special effects shows. I hope that it will not use the two unfortunate accidents as a wedge to take control over determining when Disney can offer the Fireworks, Fantasmic! and World of Color to us. Give GrinchOSHA an inch and it will take a mile....and as colateral damage, our smiles.
    Let's be really clear here; we're not talking about OSHA determining the pyro SCHEDULE. All that's happening is that OSHA is checking out the safety procedures for pyro load-in and Disneyland has made the (correct, safety-minded) choice not to perform the show until it's been checked out and OK'd. Nobody's saying OSHA is going to tell Disneyland "you can only have fireworks on Saturdays at 4pm" - OSHA doesn't care about scheduling; they're a safety board.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I hope this thread doesn't turn into yet another OSHA-bashfest of ridiculous misinformation and outlandish accusations.
    I've heard OSHA eats small puppies and takes candy canes on main street away from children.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Wrong. By law, Cal-OSHA must enforce worker safety in California's amusement park industry. As has been documented in dozens of threads over the years, Cal-OSHA has nothing to do with scheduling events at Disneyland, "giving an inch and taking a mile" or "taking away our smiles." I hope this thread doesn't turn into yet another OSHA-bashfest of ridiculous misinformation and outlandish accusations.
    If it's a part od the government bureaucracy, it's legitimate and nobody has the right to question it....right? Sorry, this doesn't work for me. OSHA's has the ability to shut attractionss down at a whim by using autonomous legal authority to inspect as an excuse. The agency can both shut and levy stiff fines for falure to let it have it's way. In so doing, it controls scheduling, and many other facets of private sector businesses/entertainment/employers. The taxpayer would be much better served with it's defunding and elimination. Let local city inspectors and elected state legislators handle warranted industrial safety hazards. We don't need bureaucratic agenies that are pretty much answerable to nobody but themselves.

I'm still ticked off abaout the overstepping demands it has placed on the Alice tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    Let's be really clear here; we're not talking about OSHA determining the pyro SCHEDULE. All that's happening is that OSHA is checking out the safety procedures for pyro load-in and Disneyland has made the (correct, safety-minded) choice not to perform the show until it's been checked out and OK'd. Nobody's saying OSHA is going to tell Disneyland "you can only have fireworks on Saturdays at 4pm" - OSHA doesn't care about scheduling; they're a safety board.
    See the above response. ^

---------- Post added 12-26-2011 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by villagecreator View Post
    I've heard OSHA eats small puppies and takes candy canes on main street away from children.
    Wouldn't surprise me.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-26-2011 at 09:49 AM.

• Minion

I'm still ticked off abaout the overstepping demands it has placed on the Alice tracks.
    Has anyone confirmed OSHA "demanded" this change? Last I had read, Disney had made the changes voluntarily, without OSHA request.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Exactly. They just have to adhere to certain rules and regulations for everyone's safety. Although sometimes their decisions are unfortunate, some things have to be that way.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Has anyone confirmed OSHA "demanded" this change? Last I had read, Disney had made the changes voluntarily, without OSHA request.
    Disneyland reopens 'Alice in Wonderland,' one of park's oldest rides

Yes. OSHIa's nippicking solutions for problems that don't exist is exemplified in the above article about fixing Alice's tracks. Why does there seem to be so much caution over criticizing another overfunded arrogant and autonomous government bureaucratic whacked agency?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Remember folks, lets keep this thread on topic and on track. Do NOT turn this into a political debate or derail it with conversation that is better left in the debate lounge, or that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. This thread is about the fireworks at the resort, the possible safely issues, and not about the validity of any government entity that enforces safely laws.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Personally, not having any fireworks doesn't bother me at all. I've never really been a fan of them, especially in recent years, because they cause such a traffic jam throughout the Park. So having this "break" is fine by me and most welcome! On the flip side though, it's a real shame for those guests who are expecting them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast