View Poll Results: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming Ride?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Radiator Springs Racers

32 64.00%
  • Transformers: The Ride

2 4.00%
  • USH Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

9 18.00%
  • Tie between RSR and Transformers

1 2.00%
  • Tie between RSR and Forbidden Journey

6 12.00%
  • Tie between USH Forbidden Journey and Transformers

0 0%
  • Three way tie

0 0%
  • None

0 0%
  • None: I only like original rides

0 0%
  • None: I'm unfamiliar with these particular attractions

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Insomniac

Re: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming R

^^ once again it is dubbed the best ride ever built by some but others would say it sucked so it's all opinion.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Re: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming R

The great thing about these rides are that they are all very different from one another.....I'm looking forward to all of them!

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I voted for Radiator Springs as I have not been to Universal in 30 years and I am not sure what the Transformers ride is or where it is, or will be, located...

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Minion

I would be most excited about FJ had I not already ridden it--let me just say that having been on the ride several times, I feel like it is still better than what I expect RSR or Transformers to be--it truly is one-of-a-kind and there is nothing like it anywhere. People say that RSR will be an exciting car chase, but personally I think fighting off dementors, dragons, and the Whomping Willow are more exciting and dramatic (and these things are just a few of the real-life effects implemented in the ride--not projections).

But since I can't really be looking forward to a clone, I'd have to say Transformers. The Spider-man system is more exciting to me than Test Track so...

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Don't be bumbed about Transformers. I look forward to it being a wildly exciting ride. Radio Springs Racers is simply going to be better all the way around.
    Oh no worries my excitement for the ride & line itself is even better after hearing Singapore's opening.
    Just the facade is kinda bleh (underwhelming) lol.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I'm partial to actual AA sets and figures, so I'm going with RSR.

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey did have sets, but relied very heavily on projections. It was a great ride, though.

Transformers just doesn't look that exciting to me at all. I loathe the film franchise and, from the videos from Singapore, it consists of all projections with very few actual sets.

RSR will be all real sets and AA figures with very minimal to no projections. I see that as the best quality of the 3.
    Agreed regarding RSR. If projections are used in the ride at all, it would be simply to hilight the experience....as opposed to the projections "being the experience" for all intents and purposes. All of the sets will likely be either real. If some are not, they will be primarily real.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    I'm going with Forbidden Journey. While Racers seems to be an exciting addition, I feel its going to be nothing more than a spruced up Test Track. Forbidden Journey is a truely unique attraction and has been dubbed best ride ever built.
    I look forward to Forbidden Journey, although it might be said that it is going to be a spruced up clone of Forbidden Journey.

---------- Post added 12-27-2011 at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    The great thing about these rides are that they are all very different from one another.....I'm looking forward to all of them!
    Best observation of the thread! Yes, we are fortunate indeed to be benefiting from rides that are designed significantly different from one another by competitive creative talents that I consider to be the best in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    I voted for Radiator Springs as I have not been to Universal in 30 years and I am not sure what the Transformers ride is or where it is, or will be, located...
    I take it that you do not an AP member at USH, HiddenMickeyBook.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    I would be most excited about FJ had I not already ridden it--let me just say that having been on the ride several times, I feel like it is still better than what I expect RSR or Transformers to be--it truly is one-of-a-kind and there is nothing like it anywhere. People say that RSR will be an exciting car chase, but personally I think fighting off dementors, dragons, and the Whomping Willow are more exciting and dramatic (and these things are just a few of the real-life effects implemented in the ride--not projections).

But since I can't really be looking forward to a clone, I'd have to say Transformers. The Spider-man system is more exciting to me than Test Track so...
    If real creatures are blended into the projected portion of FJ, then I can't wait to see it. Can somebody that's experienced FJ enlighten me further on how real figures are incorporated into the actual ride experience?

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    Oh no worries my excitement for the ride & line itself is even better after hearing Singapore's opening.
    Just the facade is kinda bleh (underwhelming) lol.
    Terrific! Thanks for the brief synopsis.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-27-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

I think Transformers will be the next gen of Spider-Man, my favorite attraction ever... RSR looks like Test Track 2 (or Rocket Rods 3) and HP is not my cup of tea.
    "Mr. Toad is still doing the Wild Thing in SoCal" -Fake Robert Christgau, http://christgaudoesdisney.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    If real creatures are blended into the projected portion of FJ, then I can't wait to see it. Can comebody that's experienced FJ enlighten me further on how real figures are incorporated into the actual ride experience?
    The "real" creatures are in the "real" portions of the ride. The simulated parts are kept separate. The ride goes back and forth between simulations and real sets. You first see the dragon and the dementors during simulated scenes, then see the real thing.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ^^ once again it is dubbed the best ride ever built by some but others would say it sucked so it's all opinion.
    Opinions make the world spin round.

Quote Originally Posted by crankypage View Post
    I think Transformers will be the next gen of Spider-Man, my favorite attraction ever... RSR looks like Test Track 2 (or Rocket Rods 3) and HP is not my cup of tea.
    Spider-Man is one ride that i would have zero qualms with having a version dubbed into the USH park. Racers and Transformers will be something fantastical. That's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    The "real" creatures are in the "real" portions of the ride. The simulated parts are kept separate. The ride goes back and forth between simulations and real sets. You first see the dragon and the dementors during simulated scenes, then see the real thing.
    Thank you for the clear discription of Forbidden Journey....the first that I've heard, and I applaud you for it, JtnOrl. Now, that sounds fun and exciting....alternating ride travel between virtual scenes and actual sets.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Not too mention everything is inches from your face, do to the ride system you have creatures and props so close to you, all concept of Clearence and space is done away with on FJ.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    Not too mention everything is inches from your face, do to the ride system you have creatures and props so close to you, all concept of Clearence and space is done away with on FJ.
    Wow! Sounds like Uni changed conventional wisdom as it relates to audience interactive ride design.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12