View Poll Results: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming Ride?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Radiator Springs Racers

    32 64.00%
  • Transformers: The Ride

    2 4.00%
  • USH Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

    9 18.00%
  • Tie between RSR and Transformers

    1 2.00%
  • Tie between RSR and Forbidden Journey

    6 12.00%
  • Tie between USH Forbidden Journey and Transformers

    0 0%
  • Three way tie

    0 0%
  • None

    0 0%
  • None: I only like original rides

    0 0%
  • None: I'm unfamiliar with these particular attractions

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,336

    Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming Ride?

    Based on what you know so far, which upcoming eticket will rock your senses best; Radiator Springs Racers, Transformers: The Ride, or the USH Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey? Here's how I would rank them according to my interest:


    1) Radiator Springs Racers
    2) Transformers: The Ride
    3) cloned Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

    An MC forum poll is up....
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-25-2011 at 08:48 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  2. #2

    • LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    4,033

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming R

    Radiator Springs Racers because it's a fast paced ride and it the entire ride isn't made of screens. ^__^ lol
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

  3. #3

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    6,063

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming R

    It's a tie for me between RSR and Transformers. I couldn't care less about Potter.

  4. #4

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,336

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming R

    Quote Originally Posted by SS77 View Post
    Radiator Springs Racers because it's a fast paced ride and it the entire ride isn't made of screens. ^__^ lol
    Transformers is my second choice as I believe that the thrills will be steady on, and it's immersive illusion will be highly believable.

    Still, one cannot beat a fast paced ride that is not completely dependent on an indoor envronment. Nor does it take short cuts with screens and the like (as you have indicated, SS77). The indoor ride building will be fully loaded with effects, while the outdoor portion will be fast action racing through large as life redrock hills, and other landscape elements.

    Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    It's a tie for me between RSR and Transformers. I couldn't care less about Potter.
    I'm interested in seeing Forbidden Journey in Orlando, but definitely not a USH clone. In addition, I am not interested in the least over the two recycled roller coasters at IOA. It goes without saying that I don't give a care about cloned recycled coasters at USH.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-25-2011 at 10:39 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  5. #5

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming R

    I pick Transformers because of the fact it's an already proven successful ride system and I am biased for anything Transformers.


  6. #6

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,336

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming R

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I pick Transformers because of the fact it's an already proven successful ride system and I am biased for anything Transformers.
    It's easy to get addicted to both the Tansformers and Cars franchises. As much as I love the storylines and characters in the Cars films, Transformers flicks are far more riveting, and the storylines are just as captivating. The respective merchandise is equally fun.

    I just give the edge to the Cars ride because of it's emense scale and exciting sounding elements. Won't know for sure until I actually experience both.

    I do know for certain that I might ride a cloned Harry broom once, and that will be it for me. I'll be finished with Hollywood Quidditch.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-25-2011 at 10:55 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  7. #7

    • Behind the refurb walls..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,885
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming R

    I'm going with Forbidden Journey, I'm sorry... but there is nothing else like it in the world. It is the current best ride ever built. It will remain so, even after RSR and Transformers.






    ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

  8. #8

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,336

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming R

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I'm going with Forbidden Journey, I'm sorry... but there is nothing else like it in the world. It is the current best ride ever built. It will remain so, even after RSR and Transformers.
    No appologies needed. Having not experienced the Florida counterpart land and headliner, there's a small fraction of a chance that I might like the California version....especially if I don't ride the original first. It just might be the IOA attraction that I loath.

    I'm definitely definite (hee hee) that when presented with two identical rides (and Siamese lands), I'm going to hate, detest and avoid one of them like the plague!

    We are Harry Siamese lands
    If you please.
    We are Harry Siamese lands
    If you don't please.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    180

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming R

    I'm equally excited about Radiator Springs Racers and Forbidden Journey! The ride system on Forbidden Journey is AMAZING and it's supposed to really intense! And Radiator Springs Racers is going to be GREAT! I'm a bigger fan of the Harry Potter franchise, but excited about RSR because I'm an AP and I will be able to ride it over and over again! Also, I'm not a fan of USH - the theme park's layout is WACKY! So...they tie!

  10. #10

    • Become part of MY world!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    657

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming R

    Why do people keep saying FJ is all screens when it IS NOT! It is a mixture of both sets and simulation. And btw, Transformers IS a clone, it's already open in Universal Singapore. Definitely FJ for me, haven't ridden it yet and it looks really exciting. And also, we have no idea WHAT we're getting here in Hollywood for WWOHP, all we know is we're getting the FJ ride, that's it as far as details.

    RSR is a close 2nd, it looks exciting and immersive from what I've seen already and will surely be a hit for DCA, but I Harry Potter has bigger spot in my heart so it tips to him!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

  11. #11

    • Insomniac
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Wonderful World of Utah?
    Posts
    1,968

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming R

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I'm going with Forbidden Journey, I'm sorry... but there is nothing else like it in the world. It is the current best ride ever built. It will remain so, even after RSR and Transformers.
    Debatable... Best ride ever built is opinion and my opinion, based on what I've seen and hear from others, is that the ride system is cool but not really that exciting because technically it's just a super advanced simulator (and projection effects are not new and IMO overused now days). Multiple people I know who rode it told me it was cool once but not again. Even though I have not ridden it and cannot accurately judge for myself, I think the best ride ever built would be something I would want to jump right back in line for. Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribean, Haunted Mansion, and other similar rides that rely on figures as apposed to projections made me feel this way and still do. And just because the ride system is so revolutionary does not mean that it is the best. I consider Pirates to be one of the best rides ever built but technically it's ride system is not much different from an off the shelve boat ride. Not trying to start a fight just thought that FJ being the best ride ever made is not fact and is opinion.

    Anyways sorry to throw off the thread I chose RSR because nothing is more exciting than a fast speed race car.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

    https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

  12. #12

    • Hello Dolly.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    975

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming R

    RSR. The ride and area look amazing. Even More since i saw the mountains in person for my first time yesterday.FJ is just too far of an opening for me to be excited.Transformers will be a great ride too so excited, but seems to not compare to RSR, especially with the exterior. I'm pretty bummed by Transformers.

  13. #13

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,336

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming R

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyContinent View Post
    I'm equally excited about Radiator Springs Racers and Forbidden Journey! The ride system on Forbidden Journey is AMAZING and it's supposed to really intense! And Radiator Springs Racers is going to be GREAT! I'm a bigger fan of the Harry Potter franchise, but excited about RSR because I'm an AP and I will be able to ride it over and over again! Also, I'm not a fan of USH - the theme park's layout is WACKY! So...they tie!
    Great critique of the plusses and drawbacks of each ride that cused you to formulate your perspective, Disney Continent..

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    Why do people keep saying FJ is all screens when it IS NOT! It is a mixture of both sets and simulation. And btw, Transformers IS a clone, it's already open in Universal Singapore. Definitely FJ for me, haven't ridden it yet and it looks really exciting. And also, we have no idea WHAT we're getting here in Hollywood for WWOHP, all we know is we're getting the FJ ride, that's it as far as details.

    RSR is a close 2nd, it looks exciting and immersive from what I've seen already and will surely be a hit for DCA, but I Harry Potter has bigger spot in my heart so it tips to him!
    I don't think that anyone is relating that Forbidden Journey is "all" screens. Most everyone knows that it's a high energy state of the art ride. Physically, it's an indoor ride and most of the traviling you do is simulated as opposed to the actual motion of Disney's racing ride. even, Uni's Transformer rideinvolves a lot of actual travel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Debatable... Best ride ever built is opinion and my opinion, based on what I've seen and hear from others, is that the ride system is cool but not really that exciting because technically it's just a super advanced simulator (and projection effects are not new and IMO overused now days). Multiple people I know who rode it told me it was cool once but not again. Even though I have not ridden it and cannot accurately judge for myself, I think the best ride ever built would be something I would want to jump right back in line for. Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribean, Haunted Mansion, and other similar rides that rely on figures as apposed to projections made me feel this way and still do. And just because the ride system is so revolutionary does not mean that it is the best. I consider Pirates to be one of the best rides ever built but technically it's ride system is not much different from an off the shelve boat ride. Not trying to start a fight just thought that FJ being the best ride ever made is not fact and is opinion.

    Anyways sorry to throw off the thread I chose RSR because nothing is more exciting than a fast speed race car.
    Indeed, recolutionary does not mean the most "fun" or biggest "thrill" for your buck. I love simulated experiences. It's just that rides that actually travel through interactive scenes are even better - when built to perform right.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    RSR. The ride and area look amazing. Even More since i saw the mountains in person for my first time yesterday.FJ is just too far of an opening for me to be excited.Transformers will be a great ride too so excited, but seems to not compare to RSR, especially with the exterior. I'm pretty bummed by Transformers.
    Don't be bumbed about Transformers. I look forward to it being a wildly exciting ride. Radio Springs Racers is simply going to be better all the way around.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  14. #14

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming R

    I'm partial to actual AA sets and figures, so I'm going with RSR.

    Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey did have sets, but relied very heavily on projections. It was a great ride, though.

    Transformers just doesn't look that exciting to me at all. I loathe the film franchise and, from the videos from Singapore, it consists of all projections with very few actual sets.

    RSR will be all real sets and AA figures with very minimal to no projections. I see that as the best quality of the 3.

  15. #15

    • Embrace You!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    763

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers / Forbidden Journey / Transformers: Rockinest Upcoming R

    I'm going with Forbidden Journey. While Racers seems to be an exciting addition, I feel its going to be nothing more than a spruced up Test Track. Forbidden Journey is a truely unique attraction and has been dubbed best ride ever built.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] First Look at Radiator Springs Racers Vehicles
    By DL_CRAZE in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 08:22 PM
  2. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 12:34 AM
  3. Radiator Springs Racers Description
    By GhostHost2 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 08:06 PM
  4. New E-Ticket: Radiator Springs Racers
    By CPTNMatt in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 03:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •