• Ewok

DLR Trip 12-20 thru 12-23

I promise to post pictures later but i just thought i get the trip down right now.... After riding in a car for 18 hours we arrived at DLR and headed straight into the park on the morning of the 21st. As a family tradition we made our way to Indiana Jones only to find it closed so we went on the Jungle Cruise instead. We then obtained fast passes for IJ and headed for POTC.... only to find the line supre long as well. We decided then to brave the long line of the Haunted Mansion while we waited for our IJ fast pass times. Being a large and odd numbered group we had to work out who was riding with who while we waited in line. My husband and I decided to take my youngest sister with us in the doom buggy while my mom and dad took my other two sisters with them in their own doom buggies. After Haunted Mansion we rode Splash Mountain... well except my mom who they wouldnt allow on the boat with us because apparently only 6 can ride in a boat now.... apparently she was quite happy not to be going on splash mountain.... We then used our IJ FP's and rode that. The lines were so long we decided to try California Adventure. We ended up watching the Aladdin show, doing all the things in A Bugs Land and the roller coaster. We also had grabbed FP's for WoC which some enjoyed more then others. I had to sit down during the show because i have something wrong with both of my big toes and it was very hard for me to get around the park the entire trip. Our second day was very different then our first for one reason. One of my sisters is mentally delayed and the long lines were making her panic and completely freak out. After the first day everybody was in bad moods and cranky because M (just going to use everybody's initials) would freak out on any ride we went on. This was her second time in DLR and when we went the first time she did the same thing. So my dad decided we should look into get a guest assistance pass to try and eliminate some of the line. We got the pass for our group of 7 and buttons for everybody (2 happy anniversary, 2 first trip and 3 im celebrating) then headed over to star tours. The pass helped us out a lot with M, she didnt like it at first because she doesnt like being the center of attention but once she realized how much fun she was actually having she loved the pass. I felt weird about using it because it was weird for my sister but it kept everybody happy and let everybody enjoy the trip more. I'll post the rest of days 2 and 3 later because i got home at 3 am and havent slept so its way past my nap time.

• Ewok

Re: DLR Trip 12-20 thru 12-23

Day Two: We started in tomorrowland with Star Tours.... my husband being a huge HUGE star wars nerd loved it. Once in the gift shop though he ended up making a double bladed lightsaber for his anniversary present. We then moved onto Captain EO which was the one big thing my mom really wanted to do. I was super confused after it as were my dad and husband. We then road space mountain which was broken down when we got in line because somebody dropped their keys onto the track. We continued our journey to Buzz Lightyear then into Fantasyland to do the matterhorn. This day it was scary windy we honestly thought that somee of the bigger rides were gonna get closed down due to the wind so we ran over to california adventure to quickly get on ToT which is my favorite ride of all time. Then we ran into a serious problem well at least for my family. The two newbies to DLR wanted to do California Screamin which we had done the day before. Well my parents have a policy that we dont do things we've already done before we've done every other ride in the park that we're in. This caused a serious issue among the group. All we heard about the entire day was how those two wanted to ride the roller coaster.... i honestly hated the roller coaster that day. Luckily it was closed when we finally did get around to paradise pier. My dad was sad that the maliboomer was gone it apparently was one of his favorites to do. Everyone except the two girls who were mad loved Toy Story Mania. The two girls spent most of the rest of the day quite angry that we didnt get to go on the roller coaster that day. With the pass we mostly had 20 to 25 minute waits while we were there which made it easy to do everything multiple times on multiple days.

• Banned User

Do not feel guilty for using the pass, that it why the Guest Assistance Pass is in place. Cast Members are trained on what to do and how to handle each situation and it helped you all and M to a great deal. I am glad your trip was good and I liked your trip report and can't wait to see pics.

HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

• Ewok

Day Three: Well this day we spent doing things we'd already done at both DLR and DCA. Except for what we kept running into today. In the morning it was perfectly fine but as the day went on and the parks started to fill up more people were starting to get on the employees about us and how we were cutting the line. The employees all explained to them that we had a guest assistance pass. Yet one man had the extreme rudeness to stop my entire family from trying to get on a ride. This of course sent my sister into a complete meltdown. She thought she was in trouble for having the pass. The employee for the ride solved the situation but for the next few hours my sister was really wound up and we had trouble getting her on the rides with the pass after that. I didnt catch the employees name and i wish i shouldve but my eyes were so filled with flames i didnt see anything. J and S did the roller coaster at least 3 times while K, M, my mom and I rode the carousel. Through out the entire trip i had 2 infected in grown toe nails so i was limping around the park the entire time. So if anybody was there and saw a girl with a red mickey mouse sweatshirt on limping and hanging onto a tall goofy looking guy with glasses (im 5'4" and he's 5'10") that was me! You wouldve probably have spotted my sisters though (they were the weirdos with the fake princess tattoos all over their faces...) All in all my anniversary trip was amazing and im looking forward to coming back in 2012 once Carsland is open.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

I'm glad you had a good time! With all those challenges, its good that you have a good perspective on things and were still able to have fun. Great TR, Thanks for sharing!

• Vidia's Minion

pics...