need some advice for Dec 28th

My family (college kids, husband and I) will be visiting the park tomorrow, Dec. 28th. We haven't been in several years and needs advice. I anticipate it will be very busy. Are we better off buying our tickets online before we go? Will that save us time? My husband and I are thinking of buying passes. Can we apply our tickets (even if we buy online) to the cost?
    Also, my husband is disabled. Other than his handicap parking sign, we don't have proof, but he has trouble walking and standing for long periods. A friend mentioned he might be able to forgo some of the lines. How do we do that? Do I need a doctor's note? (too late to get that now) or do we just go to guest relations.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Minion

Re: need some advice for Dec 28th

Quote Originally Posted by msmom12 View Post
    My family (college kids, husband and I) will be visiting the park tomorrow, Dec. 28th. We haven't been in several years and needs advice. I anticipate it will be very busy. Are we better off buying our tickets online before we go? Will that save us time? My husband and I are thinking of buying passes. Can we apply our tickets (even if we buy online) to the cost?
    Also, my husband is disabled. Other than his handicap parking sign, we don't have proof, but he has trouble walking and standing for long periods. A friend mentioned he might be able to forgo some of the lines. How do we do that? Do I need a doctor's note? (too late to get that now) or do we just go to guest relations.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    He won't forego the lines, he will wait in an alternative line. Today, the HA line was 90 mins for BTMRR. Be forewarned, crowds are at a 10.

As for tickets, they are not selling 1 day tickets today. You can apply tickets to an AP as long as you purchase the AP while the tix are valid.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Nerd

If you buy your tickets online you can avoid waiting in a LONG line just to buy admission tickets and go directly to the turnstyles. (be sure to print out the actual ticket - not just the confirmation!!!) The last few days even ticket booth lines have been up to an hour long. However, to upgrade your online tickets to passes, you will still have to wait in line at the booths - so you might just get there early and do it all at once.

Here's a tip - They have opened up new ticket Kiosks on rolling carts just near the entrance by the GSB - Because they are new, the lines here "might" be shorter, although guest control is moving folks over here too. Also - you can buy tickets and passes at portable Kiosks in the Toy Story parking lot. GET THERE EARLY!!! The park has been at capacity for the last few days and you could get shut out of Disneyland early in the day.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Minion

Maybe wait a week? This is a killer week for crowded conditions. But nonetheless, do get tickets online. Get to Disneyland early. Stay in Disneyland. You will be at Disneyland and that will be special.

• Banned User

Purchase your tickets online as the ticket booth line is BUSY it is so busy they are selling tickets at the Toy Story Parking Lot, also as for your husbands disability just go to Guest Relations and let them know your concerns and they will take it from there and you do not need a Dr. Note as the A.D.A permits us from asking for proof. Also have a GREAT time.

• Minion

Today, at 1015am, I went to the ticket booth and purchased a 2 day hopper for a friend. Wait was under 2 mins. Later, around 1, 2 of my kids went to a ticket booth and upgraded to APs, and there was no wait at the booth. (These were Harbor sude.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Today, at 1015am, I went to the ticket booth and purchased a 2 day hopper for a friend. Wait was under 2 mins. Later, around 1, 2 of my kids went to a ticket booth and upgraded to APs, and there was no wait at the booth. (These were Harbor sude.)
    Really because I was there and there were lines at all TICKET BOOTHS. We even had Managers out directing guests through the chains and this was both sides Harbor and DTD.

thanks for all your advice. We were able to get tickets, and upgrade to passes, with no problem. I didn't see the advice on disability services so we stood in a few very long lines, but now we will know for next time. I grew up going to Disneyland and have never see it as busy as it was today. But we still had a fun family time. thanks again.