Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Happily Ridiculous

Burbank, CA (near The Walt Disney Studios)

Oregon Running back freaks out on ride (Merged)

When the Oregon Ducks college football team came to visit Disneyland as part of the pre-Rose Bowl game rituals (a tradition started by Walt Disney himself in 1959), they got to go on one ride in particular that was slightly more terrifying to their Running Back LaMichael James, and there's a picture to prove it.

Here's the picture, with a link to the article I used as the source below! (I'm not sure how to make it bigger, sorry!)

Name:  Kenjon-Barner2_blog_post.jpg
Views: 1525
Size:  50.0 KB

Oregon Star Running Back LaMichael James Terrified Of Roller Coasters | ThePostGame

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

re: Oregon Running back freaks out on ride (Merged)

This is funny. I bet his teammates will be making fun of him from this day forward.

It seems that majority of the people that looks tough or is one of the popular kid in school tends to be scared of roller coaster and horror film. While the normal average Joe, loves horror films and rides that are thrilling.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Suspended

That photo is Reason #247 why I'm rooting for Wisconsin next Monday.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Funny how the girls in the back look like they are posing for a Facebook photo, "calm, cool, and collected" - while the football team is losing their marbles. I would have loved to see a video of their faces during the whole ride. Brilliant.

• Minion

This is going to be with him the rest of his life. The female in the back should make a tshirt and sell the tshirt at the Rose Bowl (but watch out for the police!)

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I never make fun of anyone else's fears. While I don't like rollercoasters, I have survived Space Mountain, and BTMRR. I love the teacups, and I understand some people won't ride what I consider a tame ride for me. It just proves we are all not made the same.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• Minion

I thought he was just being silly for the photo
    Was he really scared

• Minion

TMZ picked it up. It's everywhere now.

LaMichael James is Afraid of Space Mountain | TMZ.com

• Done with MC.

I'd be just as embarrassed if I was the duck-face girl in back

Did anyone notice that picture has the pre-2005 Space Mountain logo (the one before the major refurb)? Do the logos alternate or something?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Well, now James knows how a football feels when it gets kicked into space. Bet he wishes he would have did a Tebow pose instead.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Happily Ridiculous

Burbank, CA (near The Walt Disney Studios)

Quote Originally Posted by vj81995 View Post
    Did anyone notice that picture has the pre-2005 Space Mountain logo (the one before the major refurb)? Do the logos alternate or something?
    I believe they changed it to have the same logo as the one in WDW (see here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/DSC_8887.jpg)

I also noticed the number tag is different from what they used to have. I'm staring at a picture from 2010 that I purchased, and it has the Disneyland Space Mountain Logo and the year, but I think this is probably just temporary, seeing how all the other rides have those strange number tags whenever they take pictures. Maybe it's just easier to keep track of? This is just pure speculation, so I don't know how much of it is true. Maybe someone else could help out? Thanks for your question, and thanks to any that help !

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I never make fun of anyone else's fears. While I don't like rollercoasters, I have survived Space Mountain, and BTMRR. I love the teacups, and I understand some people won't ride what I consider a tame ride for me. It just proves we are all not made the same.
    I totally agree with this. Nobody should be mocked for being afraid. Not every ride is everyone's cup of tea.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Yeah, I feel bad for the guy. I'm sure I'd have the same expression on ToT. It's got to be embarrassing to have that plastered all over.

• No Light, No Light

Quote Originally Posted by vj81995 View Post
    According to my records (pictures I took with my phone), it looks like the logo changed to the current logo after Ghost Galaxy. In other words, instead of switching back to the pre-Ghost Galaxy logo, they switched to the new (old school) one.

You see, I have a picture from early September with the old logo, then a few pictures with the Ghost Galaxy logo, and then a few pictures from November and December with the new (old school) logo. I imagine that the change from Ghost Galaxy to normal Space Mountain would create a good opportunity for the switch, especially if they didn't want it to be so noticeable. I could be wrong, though.

I also noticed that the logo on the Splash Mountain pictures changes from time to time. The current one has a smaller logo and less splash.

---------- Post added 12-29-2011 at 01:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
    I also noticed the number tag is different from what they used to have. I'm staring at a picture from 2010 that I purchased, and it has the Disneyland Space Mountain Logo and the year, but I think this is probably just temporary, seeing how all the other rides have those strange number tags whenever they take pictures. Maybe it's just easier to keep track of? This is just pure speculation, so I don't know how much of it is true. Maybe someone else could help out? Thanks for your question, and thanks to any that help !
    You're right, it is temporary. That big white number tag is only displayed on the monitors for viewing the pictures as you leave the ride. The purchased photo won't have it -- it's just there so you can tell the CM which photo you intend to buy. Someone took a picture of the monitor with their phone (or they took the flash off their camera).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast