Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Talking Fantasmic Balcony Tickets Disaster Resolved - Disneyland Cares About Its Guests

Just got back from a trip to Disneyland, my family had a great stay at the Disneyland Hotel. We had a concierge room overlooking the pool - just great.
    The housekeeping staff and maids were excellent and friendly. The concierge lounge staff was so friendly and professional, and the lounge staff took extremely good care of us during our stay. The Disneyland and California Adventure cast members that we encountered were so friendly and professional.

Unfortunately, my family experienced a major disappointment during our trip. On November 9, 2005, I tried to obtain Fantasmic Balcony tickets for the evening of Friday, December 9, 2005, but I was informed by Guest Services that all balcony tickets were sold out. On November 10, 2005, I called again and obtained two (2) balcony tickets to the 10:30 pm Fantasmic show on Saturday, December 10, 2005. I was told to pick up my tickets at Guest Services on December 10, 2005. I was so excited that I obtained the tickets since they are extremely difficult to obtain. The Fantasmic show was going to be the major highlight of the trip. I picked up the tickets at Guest Services at 4 pm on December 10, 2005 and was told to arrive at the Disney Gallery at 9:45 pm.

Upon arriving at the Disney Gallery, the Disney cast members working the Fantasmic balcony, informed me that the 10:30 pm balcony show was cancelled because a private party was being held during the 10:30 pm Fantasmic show. I was told that the party was booked “months ago” and that a mistake was made in taking reservations for the 10:30 pm balcony show. I was informed that I would get a complete refund. Additionally, I was told that I could view the show on the ground level with riverside seats. I informed the Disney cast members working that I paid for balcony seats not riverside seats.

A third showing of Fantsamic was announced at about 9:50 pm; the Disney cast members told us that we could come back to the balcony for the 11:30 pm show and that we would be taken care of during the show. I told the Disney cast members working the balcony that we would be back for the 11:30 pm show on the balcony.

Upon leaving the gallery, I told 2 Fantasmic crew employees who were at the bottom of the Disney Gallery’s staircase that my family would be coming back for the 11:30 pm show. The Fantasmic crew members told me that I would be unable to enter the Disney Gallery since it was closing at 10:00 pm for a private party and that there was no 11:30 pm balcony seating and that no one would be permitted to enter the Gallery after 10 pm except that the 10:30 pm private party guests. At this point, I was so disgusted, upset and tired that I decided to go to City Hall and ask for a refund. I received a full refund. City Hall cast members told me “We are sorry” when I explained what happened. City Hall cast members seemed like they could care less about us or what had happened.

This level of customer service is appalling. I have never been treated so badly while on a vacation. I would like to know why I was not informed of the private party and the show’s cancellation sooner. According to Guest Services, Fantasmic balcony tickets are available only 30 days before each show but yet a private party could be booked months before. There seems to be different sets of rules for purchasing Fantasmic balcony tickets. Even if there was a mistake in taking reservations on November 10, Guest Services had my contact information yet no one informed me of the cancellation but my credit card was charged for the tickets the same day. If I was informed earlier, my family would have taken another tour offered by Guest Services.

I was informed 45 minutes before the show that our tickets were cancelled. My family had rearranged our touring schedule around the Fantasmic show. The Fantasmic balcony show was the highlight of our trip. My family had a limited time at the Disneyland Resort during this trip. If I was informed at 4 pm when I picked up the tickets, I would have tried to get to secure two seats for the 9 pm show. Unfortunately, my treatment shows that Disney guests are disposable and can be treated in any manner.

I do understand that Disney has the right to hold private parties, but to sell tickets to a show knowing that no tickets are available is fraudulent. To cancel a guest’s existing reservation at the last minute merely because a large group wants a private party is unacceptable. Our treatment regarding the Fantasmic tickets was unacceptable.

I have sent letters to Disneyland regarding this. But I wanted to let other people know what happened to us so it does not happen to anyone else.

Follow-up:

HI. I just wanted to let everyone know that in response to my letters to Disneyland....I got a phone call today from Disneyland Guest Relations.
    The cast member, Roxanne was so NICE and very apologetic....and admitted that many mistakes happened and that it was so unfortunate that this happened to my family. I was assured that there were and are ongoing discussions about what happened and Disneyland is committed to making sure that this does not happen again. Also, Disneyland assured me that on my family's next trip to Disneyland we would get complimentary Fantasmic balcony tickets for everyone in our party....also received some other nice complimentary items for our next trip. The cast member Roxanne was so great and an asset to Disneyland. I was assured that I would recieve a detailed letter in addition to the phone call. Disneyland truly values its guests! Just thought I would pass the great news on...I got a personalized and individualized response and not a stock generic answer. Very caring for a big organization such as Disneyland!
    If you have a problem, I suggest writing to Disneyland and/or visitng Guest Relations. Disneyland responded to my letters. Disneyland received the my letters on Monday and I got a phone call on Tuesday and I will also get a follow-up letter.
    Last edited by JoeCool; 12-20-2005 at 06:14 PM.

• Give Peace a Chance

Re: Fantasmic Balcony Tickets Disaster

I am truly sorry that you had this experience. It indeed sounds like a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. It certainly was not fair to you or your family. I do hope that you receive a better explanation in response to your letters to Disney. It sounds like you were dealing with staff that was not very experienced in customer service, (I'm not trying to excuse their behavior) and they really did not know what to do in this sort of situation.
    ~ MickeysGirl ºoº
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! ºoº

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

It's really terrible that that happened, my mom said that it was amazing to watch the show from there and it is very horrible that you were turned away at the last minute. I would expect better of Disney, they should have allowed you to watch the 11:30 show. I hope that Disney compensates you or something.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

I'm finding that this is happening more and more. When I was there a few weeks ago, my mom made the remark that she really enjoyed the music back where you could have your picture taken with Santa at the Big Thunder Ranch. I asked a castmember if the soundtrack was available and they told me 'Yes, at the music store on Main Street'. No 'Let me check for you' or anything.

I then went down to the music store on Main Street only to be told 'They sell it back at the Big Thunder Ranch' and then proceeded to go back to talking to another cast member about a party that happened the night before. I went back in later when someone else was working (and was a little more helpful) and they said 'You were told to come up here from the Cast Members at the ranch, right?' Apparently both groups were assuming that the other had the soundtrack, when in fact no one did.

I agree with JoeCool that it is frustrating. I don't know if its the caliber of people working there now or if its just that all the OT these guys are putting in is starting to show. I'm hopeing its the OT.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Minion

When I read the title I thought fireworks landed on the balcony or something like that.

• Rock Star Minion

Well, you can be sure that won't happen to me.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disneyland Freak

That's terrible. I'm so sorry you had such a miserable experience. Definetly email Disney about it through their CONTACT US form.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

There's always two sides to the story...
    -Wes

• Circle of Ancients

Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience! It sounds like there was definitely some miscommunication going on or a glitch in the computer system. I'm with you in that I wouldn't be satisfied to sit in the Riverfront seats instead of the balcony at the price they're charging. I'm glad the rest of your trip went well and I hope you have a better experience with getting the Fantasmic balcony seats the next time you go to DL!

• CM for 4 years!

x
    Last edited by melmel; 12-22-2005 at 12:16 PM.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

I'm sorry that happened. What a huge let down! I hope you'll be able to return soon and enjoy the show from the balcony with your family.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815
    There's always two sides to the story...
    Yes there are. But I have been truthful in this posting. Disneyland's customer service definitely needs improvement.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool
    I informed the Disney cast members working that I paid for balcony seats not riverside seats.

To cancel a guest’s existing reservation at the last minute merely because a large group wants a private party is unacceptable.
    Just wanted to clear something up, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but hrmn... aren't Balcony seats the same price as the Riverside (aka Premium) view seats? I'm pretty sure they are for adults and like $10 less for children.

Anyways, at the end you make it seem like you were bumped out at the last minute by some private party that rushed up at the last minute themselves... but even you know that they were booked months in advance. Hrmn.

If anything, the person who set up that private party for not blocking out the entire balcony seating availability in Galaxy should be held accountible. The reservationist just saw that it was open and booked Guests into those spots, like normal. If that reservation was like me when I found spots for balcony when I worked at the DLH Front Desk, I'm sure that person was pretty excited to be able to make a last minute Guest very happy. I'm sorry that it didn't work out to be that way though. :(

Honestly though, I don't understand the fascination of sitting up in the balcony anyways.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 12-16-2005 at 11:34 AM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    Besides the point... but just wanted to clear something up, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but hrmn... aren't Balcony seats the same price as the Riverside (aka Premium) view seats? I'm pretty sure they are for adults and like $10 less for children.

Anyways, at the end you make it seem like you were bumped out at the last minute by some private party that rushed up at the last minute themselves... but even you know that they were booked months in advance. Hrmn.

If anything, the person who set up that private party for not blocking out the entire balcony seating availability in Galaxy should be held accountible. The reservationist just saw that something was open and booked Guests into those spots, like normal. If that reservation was like me when I found spots for balcony, I'm sure that person was pretty excited to be able to make a last minute Guest happy.

Honestly though, I don't understand the fascination of sitting up in the balcony anyways.

If you read my post correctly, I made the reservation on Nov. 10 and not at the last minute. So you are totally wrong on that point. Disneyland had 30 days to inform of the private party yet informed 45 minutes before.
    I was told by Disneyland Cast members that the private party was booked months ago...I do not know that to be true. Also, Guest Services has a policy that Fantasmic tickets go on sale exactly 30 days prior to the show.
    Last edited by JoeCool; 12-16-2005 at 11:41 AM.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool
    If you read my post correctly, I made the reservation on Nov. 10 and not at the last minute. So you are totally wrong on that point. Disneyland had 30 days to inform of the private party yet informed 45 minutes before.
    Ahh, my bad. Just got up and still a bit groggy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast