Thread: Dland Cd

Dland Cd

I was thinking about getting the cd, how is it? Is IJA a soundtrack with hi voiceovers and everything?
    5 days a week

• Glad to hear: Flynn Lives

Re: Dland Cd

The 50th Anniversary "official soundtrack"? I love it.

It has the original Walt speach, audio from many different attractions... and the soundtrack from this year's fireworks.

The attraction audio is great. It has some highlights from old attractions (The original railroad announcement, Miricles from Molocules, etc).

Although, it is not as complete as the 6-disk collectors set, it does do pretty good, and reasonable for a 2 disk set. Plus, you don't get the Soarin' soundtrack, or this year's fireworks on the 6-disk.

I am glad it was no just "highlights", as you actually heard more audio from the rides. Pirates, for instance, gives you most of the grotto music as well as going through Yo-Ho three times, with the different voices singing.

IJA is the entire music of the ride, from start to finish, with no voice-overs or sound effects. Kind of nice if you ask me.

• Closed Account

My only problem is the new Space Mountain track is just the track music - no launch tube music.

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte
    My only problem is the new Space Mountain track is just the track music - no launch tube music.
    I felt the same way, but it kind of saves some of the fun if you get it as a gift for someone who hasn't ridden yet.

The set also includes the original Space Mountain sound track, but what I found the most interesting was that this is titled the "Daytime" track... since they wouldn't have the new nightime "Rock-it" mountain track yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bytemaster
    Although, it is not as complete as the 6-disk collectors set, it does do pretty good, and reasonable for a 2 disk set. Plus, you don't get the Soarin' soundtrack, or this year's fireworks on the 6-disk.
    The track list for the 6CD set does say it includes a fireworks track "Remember - Dreams Can Come True". It is on disc 5.

Is it somehow different than what is currently being played at the park? Santa is bringling the 6CD set, but I really want to have the current fireworks soundtrack.

Brian

It's the same.
    Knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle. (LOVE LIVE CAPTAIN MIKEY!)

Thanks Lampwick.

Glad to know I won't need to spend another $30 on top of the cost of the 6CD set just for the fireworks soundtrack. Then again, having the soundtrack to Soarin' would be cool.

Brian

Remember is included, The 50th Anniversary theme song "Remember When" by Leann Rhymes, is not.
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte
    I definitely wish we'd gotten the full music, too - that first "ahhhh" as you leave the loading area cracks me up and makes me strike a "heavenly" pose. However, Randy Thornton said that the Space Mountain track was still being worked on when this CD came out, so all they had to put on it was a work-in-progress version.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Quote Originally Posted by BGLeduc
    The track list for the 6CD set does say it includes a fireworks track "Remember - Dreams Can Come True". It is on disc 5.

Is it somehow different than what is currently being played at the park? Santa is bringling the 6CD set, but I really want to have the current fireworks soundtrack.

Brian
    Maybe it is on there. I was just going by what the CM told me at the Music store... he was class of 1979, so I thought he was reliable... I guess not as reliable as I thought

• I Hug My Tapirs

Definitely not very reliable - RDCT is definitely on the 6 CD set, I've listened to it.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."