• Mischievous Mouse

Will 2012 be more buzy than the 50th?

With construction complete this year, will DC tip the scale near even w/DL?

And not just Car-land but everything, I imagine many have been waiting (as have we) until the current renovation complete, before returning.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: Will 2012 be more buzy than the 50th?

i dont know if it ever will, it may get close with the new construction. but i think more people will always pick the DL gate over the DCA gate.

• Minion

its shouldt be too bad as soon the holdyday stuff go down and also carsland opens summer 2012 from now till summer 2012 when ever they anuoce the opening could be july june augest should be crowed but right now should be ok to go
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

DCA is gonna be jammed this summer through the rest of the year. The 'relaunching of DCA' is suppose to be very big, marketing wise.

if Disneyland loses a mild amount of its attendance to DCA then the relaunch will have been successful as thats what has happened with every successful second gate launch but it'll be interesting to see really. Disneyland doesn't seem to be angling to offer much new this year so the focus of most peoples trips should be on DCA but who knows?
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Blew By You

It's always tough to go against a traditional iconic landmark but that's what DCA has been doing since 1st day. It's best attempt will be when the CarsLand area opens. But I don't think it will underperform as it did before its billion dollar makeover.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

It wil be interesting to see how it all flies. If I had to choose only one Park, I would go to Disneyland over DCA. I am excited to see the new Carsland and I do think it will boost attendance. But, every "new" attraction becomes 'old news' after a while and things settle back to normal.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Yearning for Disneyland

Well, if I were going to DLR this year, I know I would probably go to Disneyland over DCA because I know how head-achingly busy it's going to be at DCA after Carslands open and crowds give me hives. But as soon as the crowds die down a bit? I'm DCA all the way, baby. I'd spend a WHOLE day there without going into DL at all, and that's saying a lot!

...and just a little bit of pixie dust!
    http://www.spareoom.net

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

I think that DCA will draw a much larger than normal crowd once BVS and Carsland are done. It may be enough to draw a noticeable amount of people away from Disneyland, at least for the first few months. Disney's big 'new' thing, at that time, will be a refurbed (and plussed?) MBS. I don't think that will anywhere near as big a new crowd puller (not that Disneyland really needs one) as RSR.
    Last edited by BiggestDisneyFan; 01-05-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Mischievous Mouse

Yeah, the marketing... so I imagine there will be a lot of on-site fan-fair to promote to grand re-opening!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Future Imagineer! =D

I imagine DCA will be very, very busy for a while. At least if the marketing makes a big deal of it. I know I'll be visiting DCA. I also have a feeling that DLR in return will be much busier than the past few years. Every year it just seems to get busier and busier!

It's kind of sad that DCA will most likely be so packed. It was kind of nice to go over there on busy days and visit the lesser-crowded park for a little why. But I'm also glad DCA is getting enhanced
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!