Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Cool Your thoughts on replacing Captain EO

As we all know this attraction is becoming more and more obsolite.So,What would you like to see replace captain EO?if were talking about movie based, I think Wall-E or Meet the Robinsons would make a good replacement. Going to another planet or demention might be an interesting replacement too.

• -

Re: Your thoughts on replacing Captain EO

I would rather a really good ride as opposed to a show due to the repeatibility factor. However if a show has to replace it, I would like to see the Avengers or Secret Wars.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

They could probably do something with John Carter after that comes out (assuming it does well at the box office). I don't see them doing Meet the Robinsons as (though I liked it) it didn't go over so well. Wall-E is a possibility though! What a fun thought!

i really would like if it was replaced. it seems like a wasted space right now. not that innoventions isnt but thats a different thread

I personally never go in Captain EO, i would like to see one of the newer films implemented. I wish they would update it every couple of years with new relevant films. they can be 3d and have all the fun other sensory additions as well. just keep it changing and fresh.

OR...........put another attraction in, that would be fine by me too

• Banned User

Wall E would be a perfect fit. Well it's another film or converted into a different attraction. That was an important film for them and deserves representation, plus it's like the only Disney film that fits in the land.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

How much space the theater taking up? There isn't a enough to do a Darkride? Well a darkride no bigger than maybe Alice in Wonderland?

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

I would like to see an attraction that isn't based off a film. Something new and completely original. However, that isn't the trend nowadays :-/

•   
    • Minion

I think it needs to be something that has a lot of crowd interaction. I know that Monsters INC laugh floor isn't a popular choice but I love the crowd participation of it. If they could come up with something like it but themed in the world of tomorrow I think it would do well in the theater.

I honestly don't know why Wall-E has no representation in Tomorrowland while there's Nemo in the Lagoon and the Monsters Inc. laugh floor in Florida. Specifically for a film/interactive show, Wall-E would be a good choice. But personally, I'd prefer if something completely original went into the space. Although I'm not sure that's possible considering the tiny amount of space it takes up.

I have only seen Captain EO once. I loved it very much! Since I don't get to the park often, I personally wouldn't mind it staying, as I would like to see it next time I visit. I also really love 80's science fiction movies and such. Others may think they look outdated and silly, but I think they are charming, and the more primitive special effects give it more of a creative feel to me.
    But since I'm not the only person who visits Disneyland, I know people like to see something different after awhile. I think a show involving Wall E would be awesome, other than that, I think something completely original would be best. I really loved Meet the Robinson's, but I think it would be wasted featured this way. I think it would work best as an actual ride. The time machine for ride vehicles, and beautiful sets could be made from the very colorful "futuristic" world in the movie. IMO (Not that Wall E couldn't be made into an awesome ride too though.)
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Wall E would be a perfect fit. Well it's another film or converted into a different attraction. That was an important film for them and deserves representation, plus it's like the only Disney film that fits in the land.
    Ever hear of the Black Hole, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, Treasure Planet, the Avengers... ?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

I could dig on an Iron Man/Avengers show. Be a good way to introduce Marvel into the parks without screwing up theming. And before the "Arg!!! NO MARVEL, IT'S CONTEMPORARY AND NOT THE FUTURE!" crowd starts up, so was Adventures Through Inner Space and y'all keep begging for that to come back in some way.

• MaliBOOMer

Alien Encounter
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Minion

I do like having a relaxing theater attraction, much like Tiki Room or Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. The only premise is that it doesn't get left there for years unless it has a great following. The first time I saw Captain Eo, when it reopened, my first thought as I was walking out was, "They replaced this with HISTA?" What I would worry about is people seeing Star Tours: The Adventures Continues and expecting that level of quality and re-ridability.

TRON: Legacy seems to be pretty popular among the younger and older fans alike.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Ever hear of the Black Hole, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, Treasure Planet, the Avengers... ?
    treasure planet! i really love that movie. i know it is a movie adapted from treasure island but the futuristic theme could fit in tomorrow land. it would make a really exciting 3d show. im not so sure about a dark ride but thats just my opinion. great idea calsig31 !!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast