I became a new dad a month ago. As you parents know, this becomes a life-changer. There are things you were able to do before that change once you have one.
One of those changes for me will be trips to Disneyland. As an seasoned AP, nothing was more enjoyable then going to Disneyland whenever I wanted, staying as long as I wanted, hanging out with the wife and/or friends, and riding anything I want.
Now when I go, I'll be spending more time on the things I usually don't do at the park, i.e. kid rides and meet and greets.
It will surely be a fun experience, as I relearn Disneyland from a new perspective. I never paid attention to what the parents do at the parks, and now I will!
I wanted to ask you parents out there, can you give me some pointers/advice on taking little ones to DLR? Primarily, I'm looking for advice on the following:
- How early age-wise you took your kids to the park
- How long you typically stay
- Things to put in the diaper bag, other than diapers
- Getting in and out of trams (with strollers and baby) successfully
- Wise to take your own stroller, or rent? Also, do I have to worry about theft if I bring my own?
- Taking them to the Meet and Greets (Meeting Mickey without having them cry)
- Places to go when they get restless/tired (especially when the park is busy)
- How does the parent ride swap work? Does it work for every ride? Do you use the regular entrances?
- Anything other pointers you can provide are appreciated
Thanks for your help!