Page 10 of 89 FirstFirst ... 78910111213203560 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by oufpat View Post
    We will be there May 30 to June 1 , visiting from East Coast, and I understand Grad Nites will be going on, what should we expect?
    The format for Grad Nites is new this year so not a lot of sure things are known.

They will have park hoppers, so expect to see more and more arriving during the day.

They get a private party starting at 11pm, so expect Disneyland Park to close 9 or 10pm, but California Adventure to stay open to 10 or 11. Regular guest can leave but the Grads will have to do something.

Also they no longer get Fireworks instead they get a private showing on Fantasmic. so maybe there will be fireworks before thier party starts for everyone. Maybe no Fantasmic for regular guests. More demand for World of Color.

If you are driving to the parks. They park the buses at the Toy Story Lot so it may be closed to the public.

Keep and eye on the reporting about the event in early May to see what you are in for.

Hi! We would love to visit Disneyland on one of the following weeks. Any idea which week will be lighter crowds? We don't mind "missing" unavailable activities-just would prefer the lightest crowds possible. The website I referred to last time we went was miserably wrong in crowd info so I'm hoping someone here might have better experience with the expanse of crowds regarding our two options. Thanks so much!!!

We are looking at either

April 23-27
    or
    May 14-18

Any info would be so helpful!

• Goofy

i know its spring break and all , how is the crowds these days? i might go this weekend.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by 3forme View Post
    Hi! We would love to visit Disneyland on one of the following weeks. Any idea which week will be lighter crowds? We don't mind "missing" unavailable activities-just would prefer the lightest crowds possible. The website I referred to last time we went was miserably wrong in crowd info so I'm hoping someone here might have better experience with the expanse of crowds regarding our two options. Thanks so much!!!

We are looking at either

April 23-27
    or
    May 14-18

Any info would be so helpful!
    Grad Nite's will be running on May 16-18 so I'm sure the parks will be closing early. No info on the Disney calendar about park hours for those dates yet though. Parks only open from 9am-9pm during the week of April 23-27. Probably get better weather in May.

Hey guys what up! My mom and I are going to be down there from the 22nd to the 25th. Will it be busier than usual? Weather looking good? Thank you!

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by BladeHK View Post
    Hey guys what up! My mom and I are going to be down there from the 22nd to the 25th. Will it be busier than usual? Weather looking good? Thank you!
    I would say yes. It's about the middle of "spring break" time. I was there mid-week last week and it was getting busy. So I can imagine it's really busy now and will be even busier next weekend when I'm there yet again. However if it rains, that will clear out the park

Yeah, I remember during the NAM conference. Pourrring rainnn. Lines were very short though.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    While there is really nothing going on to cause a problem the weekend after Labor Day week end before Halloween Starts, which probably won't happen this year with the way the calendar dates fall, is a slower weekend of the year. After the season starts the weekends are normally busy. The weekdays still slow.
    Thanks very much.

Any reason why Touring Plans shows DCA busier on weekdays in September than in October? Last 2 weeks are busier than the first. DL levels seem relatively stable across the two periods in comparison.

Thanks again for all the great advice.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by wltdzny View Post
    Any reason why Touring Plans shows DCA busier on weekdays in September than in October? Last 2 weeks are busier than the first. DL levels seem relatively stable across the two periods in comparison.
    You are welcome.

Somtimes data gets skewed because of one time events. Like when California Screaming is closed reducing capactiy and driving up crowds elsewhere. Rerouting for construction in DCA effecting crowds patterns.

Also in October crowds shift to DL because of Halloween decorations and parties. When it's slow in the resort, DL can feel emptier as it has many more attractions to spread people over compared to DCA which is the smaller park.

Hey there. Long time reader, first time poster. My family and I are considering a trip to DL the week after Thanksgiving (11/25-11/30). I've read that crowds are relatively low that week but would love to get the opinion of MiceChatters. Thanks.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateDude View Post
    My family and I are considering a trip to DL the week after Thanksgiving (11/25-11/30). I've read that crowds are relatively low that week .
    Yes, great time for low crowds and Holiday decorations and entertainment.

Is Easter Sunday typically a busy day?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ratchy99 View Post
    Is Easter Sunday typically a busy day?
    Yes it is busy. There is a false idea that people stay home on certain Holidays and the park doesn't get busy. While some will look for eggs in the morning, they spend thier family time at the parks.

Plus there is too many tourist on Spring Break anyway.

• Boat shoes all day long

Anyone know if it will be busy on April 3-5 week days? I have never been during that week and am looking for minimal crowds. Your help is appreciated beyond measure.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• DL is my anti-drug.

Man I forgot all about spring break. How are we looking for crowds this weekend on 1-10, 10 being full capacity. Lol thanks for any info

Page 10 of 89 FirstFirst ... 78910111213203560 ... LastLast