Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst ... 891011121314213661 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    Anyone know if it will be busy on April 3-5 week days? I have never been during that week and am looking for minimal crowds. Your help is appreciated beyond measure.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbks18 View Post
    Man I forgot all about spring break. How are we looking for crowds this weekend on 1-10, 10 being full capacity. Lol thanks for any info
    It's going to be very busy.

Plan for huge lines and prepare to avoid them.
    Be at the park gate for opening, 30 minutes early.
    Use FP as much as possible. Remember you can get your next FP when the return window opens or two hours later, which ever comes first. If you can't come back during the return window they are still good to use. Many people save them up and use them in the afternoon and evening.
    In the afternoon, take a break if you are staring in a nearby hotel. If not, do attractions like Tom Sawyer Island, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, Captian EO, Aladdin and Bug's life. Things that cycle to let huge groups in or don't have lines to stand in.
    Eat early or late so you don't wait in another line for food.
    Stay until the park closes as lines ease after the fireworks.
    Save shopping until after the park is closed.

Planning to go from April 15th-19th. I figure Sunday will be busy but after that it should be OK. What do you think?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmydcarguy View Post
    Planning to go from April 15th-19th. I figure Sunday will be busy but after that it should be OK. What do you think?
    Spring Break mostly ends on the weekend you arrive. So it's not empty but just medium crowds for your visit. If you take into account how it was on Sunday, every other day will feel good.

• Can Only Wish For More!

Remember, the later you go, the longer the fastpass lines will be!

Enjoy yourself and have fun!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• Senior Minion

Hi! I am thinking August 12-14 being in the parks themselves (mostly because the 13th is my birthday and I can get decent airfare for those days). But touringplans.com doesn't go up that far yet. Would this be too unbearable, crowded and hot? Or should I try and wait until later in August?
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

It seemed like DCA was more crowded than DL which seemed odd to me, but for the past few days, all of DCA lines average more than an hour wait.

Today ToT- 75mins
    GRR- 60 mins
    CS- 50 mins
    SoC- 60 mins
    TSMM- 70 mins
    MFW- 60 mins
    GSS- 60 mins
    LM- 15 minutes (and thats saying something!)
    Monster Inc- 65 mins (I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw this ride was 65 mins)....

I got there around 2 pm today and all FP's for ToT and CS were gone! Exactly a week ago FP were still given past 2pm...

I can only imagine DLR being even more extremely packed the next following weeks!! Plan ahead!!

Oh and once CL or BVS Im sure these number would be multiplied by two :o

I believe crowds will start to thin out throughout April as school resumes. In early May, the resort has three days in a row that TouringPlans.com rates as a "1," which is obviously quite rare. So even though it doesn't seem like it will ever slow down, come a month from now it'll be slow as can be.

I can't wait until Cars Land and Buena Vista Street open just so that the crowds can be dispersed more easily. With three new attractions in the mix and a new dining / shopping area, people will redistribute in the park. (And as the original park grows, it's looking like a whole new land might be required there sooner rather than later?)

Right now is a very odd time for California Adventure where it's pulling in crowds who are interested in the expansion, but the expansion hasn't yet opened... The result is post-Cars Land crowds in a park without Cars Land's space and ride throughput!
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    Hi! I am thinking August 12-14 being in the parks themselves (mostly because the 13th is my birthday and I can get decent airfare for those days). But touringplans.com doesn't go up that far yet. Would this be too unbearable, crowded and hot? Or should I try and wait until later in August?
    The 12 will be very busy the 13th, Happy Birthday, and 14th busy but slightly better than Sunday. Summer from post 4th of July week until the 3rd week of August isn't aweful when you plan a bit. Use FP, show up early and stay late with midday breaks if needed.

---------- Post added 03-31-2012 at 07:53 PM ----------

At the end of the official calendar are now a couple days with Grad Nites. The good news is DL is open until 10pm and 11pm on the Friday. On the party nites when the private party starts at 11pm.

monday april 9th... will it be super busy?

According to Touring Plans Disneyland Lines expect an overall index of 10 out of 10 and DL at 8.9.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by thedustycoyote View Post
    monday april 9th... will it be super busy?
    It will be super busy, it is still the core of Spring Break until after next weekend. On Monday the 16th things will calm down.

How do you think the parks will be the first week that CL opens? I know they are going to be busy but will they be crazy busy or regular summer busy? Do you think DL will be just as crowded as DCA or will the crowds stick more to DCA? I think they will be equally crowded but others in my family think DL will won't be. We are getting there on the 15th and staying for almost a week.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    How do you think the parks will be the first week that CL opens? I know they are going to be busy but will they be crazy busy or regular summer busy? Do you think DL will be just as crowded as DCA or will the crowds stick more to DCA? I think they will be equally crowded but others in my family think DL will won't be. We are getting there on the 15th and staying for almost a week.
    It will be extra busy because of a couple things. SoCal APs unblocked on the 17th-19th, that Sunday the 17th may be very, very busy. Then on the 19th, 21st and 22nd are Grad Nites, they will have park hoppers during that day, and since school is out are probably likely to show up before noon. Taken what could be slower summer days and making the best attractions busy. They also get 2 FPs each so they will probably make Radiator Springs Racers extra busy.

Since you have a lot of days you should be able to get a lot in. Make good use of the park hours by being there for opening, and using FP.

At night is also good, but in a month when we know the official hours a problem may come up. If DCA is open later than DL on the Grad Nites, it could mean a lot of people will crowd into DCA. So far on long hour days on the Grad Nites DL is closing at 11pm for thier party.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    I would plan on DCA being packed on opening day especially. There was talk of M&F parking structure staying open over night for people to park and be able to line up for DCA opening. Not sure if that is confirmed yet or not. DCA extended it's hours for 8am-11pm and possibility of midnight closing, depending on crowds. They also are adding magic morning 3 days a week. So yes, be prepared for long lines in the new CL and BVS area's. But I would think that after 9pm DCA would have lighter crowds since most kiddie's will have gone home for the night. DL will have its summer crowds and I'm sure long line for Matterhorn since it'll be coming out of a 6 month refurb. Enjoy your vacation though.

im going on the 17th thru the 19th ho do you think it will be i want my 2yo to have a good time

Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst ... 891011121314213661 ... LastLast