Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415223762 ... LastLast

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Josh C Paiva View Post
    im going on the 17th thru the 19th ho do you think it will be i want my 2yo to have a good time
    Which month are you talking about for the 17th-19th? If you mean April, I would say that all the spring break crowds will be pretty much gone by then. TouringPlans website is predicting an overall 5 out of 10 for crowds.

yes April thanks for the fast reply so med lines then huh?

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Josh C Paiva View Post
    yes April thanks for the fast reply so med lines then huh?
    I would think that your average wait times would be in the 30-40 min ranges possibly less and depending on what time of day you go. I usually get there at opening and ride all my favorites within a couple of hours and get some FP's. Unless it rains and if it does you'll have an empty park But it looks like you'll be having some pretty nice weather next week. Enjoy your time at the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    I would think that your average wait times would be in the 30-40 min ranges possibly less and depending on what time of day you go. I usually get there at opening and ride all my favorites within a couple of hours and get some FP's. Unless it rains and if it does you'll have an empty park But it looks like you'll be having some pretty nice weather next week. Enjoy your time at the parks.
    ty ya looks like it will be nice and we will be their at opening every day we are their

Hey all! I usually go during October each year, but this year it looks like I'm going in August for 5 days to accommodate a friend who is coming along. Also, I know that Haunted Mansion usually closes August 29th or 30th for the overlay, and BTMRR and Indy are going down for refurbs in the fall, so I figured August would be a good bet to catch all of the rides open.

When during August would be the best time to go? I'd prefer to go during the last two weeks of august, but I've heard earlier in August is better(?) No idea here. Any thoughts?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by R2DY View Post
    When during August would be the best time to go? I'd prefer to go during the last two weeks of august, but I've heard earlier in August is better(?) No idea here. Any thoughts?
    The worst time is the 3rd week. August 20th through 24th when the blockout dates for local APs end.

The week after on Monday the 27th is likely when HM will close for its Holidays overlay. It's not as likely but other rehabs may begin this week as well.

If you want lower crowds that last week is the one to visit on since many school start back up then. The first couple weeks really aren't bad when you go midweek if you plan to make good use of the early and late hours. Using Fast Pass too.

I'm thinking about a trip to Disneyland May14-16, but I noticed that the 16th is a grad night date. Does anyone have any experience with this? Also, how would the Monday and Tuesday, 14-15 be in May?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by WineFan View Post
    I'm thinking about a trip to Disneyland May14-16, but I noticed that the 16th is a grad night date. Does anyone have any experience with this? Also, how would the Monday and Tuesday, 14-15 be in May?
    May is calm on weekdays. The Grad Nite is unknown as the format is new this year. Grad can show up anytime of the day to the park hopper that comes with thier Grad Nite package. This will probably make it worst as the day goes on as some will have to go to school and come after. The worst is probably in the evening when DL is open until 10pm but DCA only 8pm, this means all the Grads and any guests sticking around will all move into DL. It may be very busy and loud with groups of teens everywhere.

• Banned User

We're contemplating a trip to DLR from June 18-22. Insanity?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    We're contemplating a trip to DLR from June 18-22. Insanity?
    Cars Land no doubt will be very busy. The rest of the resort a bit of a mix. Very busy to regularily busy.

The good thing is they are weekdays. The bad thing is SoCal APs are not blocked on the 18th and 19th, so this may bring some in and probably more after 5pm. On the 20th and 21th may be a worse problem, Grad Nites. Being so late in June the Grads will be out of school and more likely to make use of the full day with the park hoppers they recieve and the 2 FPs they get. Late at night as Grad move over to DL, thier private party starts at 11pm, regular guests may move into DCA, making a crowded situation there.

See F! and the fireworks, Magical, on the early dates, See WoC on the later nights.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Cars Land no doubt will be very busy. The rest of the resort a bit of a mix. Very busy to regularily busy.

The good thing is they are weekdays. The bad thing is SoCal APs are not blocked on the 18th and 19th, so this may bring some in and probably more after 5pm. On the 20th and 21th may be a worse problem, Grad Nites. Being so late in June the Grads will be out of school and more likely to make use of the full day with the park hoppers they recieve and the 2 FPs they get. Late at night as Grad move over to DL, thier private party starts at 11pm, regular guests may move into DCA, making a crowded situation there.

See F! and the fireworks, Magical, on the early dates, See WoC on the later nights.
    Thanks, Swampy. Our plan would be to show up an hour before rope drop every day, and leave early every day (right after the evening shows or earlier). Would that work? Of course we will use Magic Mornings for DCA and Cars Land.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Thanks, Swampy. Our plan would be to show up an hour before rope drop every day, and leave early every day (right after the evening shows or earlier). Would that work? Of course we will use Magic Mornings for DCA and Cars Land.
    That is a good plan to cope with the probable later in the day crowds.

Showing up 30 minutes early always helps. An hour could be overkill, this often means waiting at security for it to open. When Rope Drop doesn't happen until 30 minutes before opening and DCA and no rope drop with MM not much reason to be there well before that.

Unless you want to be the first through a turnstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post

I thought grad nights were June 19, 21, and 22. I was thinking the 20th would be the day to go since SoCal APs are blacked out and no grad night. And avoid the 19th due to the double wammy of APs and grads. We're thinking of doing USH on Sun the 6/17, assuming crowds will be nuts for Carsland, with no SoCal blackout on a weekend. But it's looking like we'll need every one of our 5 days at DL/DCA that week.
    Last edited by Bork; 04-17-2012 at 10:35 AM.

• Under that tree again!

Correction:
    SoCal APs are unblocked on the 18th and 19th.
    Grad Nites are on the 19th and 21 and 22nd.

This should make the 20th the best day of the mid week. The 19th the worst of the midweek.

Sorry for the confusion.

We are headed to the parks here in just a couple of weeks. Wondering what to expect on the crowd level on May 6th, 7th and 8th? I am assuming that They will be low, but curiosity gets me.