Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by tonyj View Post
    We are headed to the parks here in just a couple of weeks. Wondering what to expect on the crowd level on May 6th, 7th and 8th? I am assuming that They will be low, but curiosity gets me.
    Sunday will be busy, make sure you catch Fireworks and Fantasmic as that is the only night they will show.

Monday and Tuesday will be calm. Good days for lots of rides and characters meet and greets.

Thanks swampymarsh. That is kinda what i was expecting with the days. We for sure catch the fireworks, but probably not Fantasmic. We are taking our three year old daughter and one year old son. So not sure how well they will handle the wait for fantasmic.

April 18th or April 25th?

I have an opportunity to head up to the parks this afternoon or I can go next Wednesday afternoon. I see that tonight the parks close at 10/11 and next week 8/9. Is this because of grad nights or is this week just one of those "right after Spring Break, still somewhat crowded" times while next week will be less crowded?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    is this week just one of those "right after Spring Break, still somewhat crowded" times while next week will be less crowded?
    ^^^^, Grad Nites don't start until May 10th.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    That will be a great day to visit with low crowds. Keep in mind the drawbacks are short hours and limited night entertainment.
    thanks for the info. hopefully tomorrow is the same way with the low crowds

I haven't been out to DL in over a year because I've been waiting for Carsland and planned to go in August, but I won airline vouchers at work the other day that have to be used by 6/2/12, so it looks like I'm going to Disneyland in May! I was thinking at first of going on Thursday, May 17, and returning on Sunday, May 20. But then I saw that there are grad nights on Thursday and Friday. I know the weekend will likely be a zoo anyway, so I started thinking that maybe I should go on Friday and return on Tuesday (I just realized my trip got a day longer in there somewhere. ) or go on Saturday and return on Wednesday.

Do you think that seems right as far as the crowds go? Grad nights might make Thurs-Fri worse (and Friday night would likely be worse anyway, I think), and Sat.-Sun. will probably be pretty bad. But then Mon-Tues would probably be pretty good?

TIA!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh View Post
    Grad nights might make Thurs-Fri worse (and Friday night would likely be worse anyway, I think), and Sat.-Sun. will probably be pretty bad. But then Mon-Tues would probably be pretty good?
    This is a great way to do a visit. Start when it's busy and night shows are running, spend the late nights in the park. Finish when it's slow and you can get a lot of rides in with little trouble.

So, plans keep changing..I had a quick question for you all. I am going to do a Tuesday-Saturday trip in July. Based on crowds, given the choice between July 10-14 (the week after the 4th) and July 17-21, which would you choose?

This is a great way to do a visit. Start when it's busy and night shows are running, spend the late nights in the park. Finish when it's slow and you can get a lot of rides in with little trouble.
    Thanks! I booked Sat 5/19-Tues 5/22. I decided not to add the extra day, because I don't think I'll need it, and also I decided to stay at the DL hotel since I haven't seen the new rooms, and that extra night would have cost a lot! But I'll have about half a day (or more) on Sat., then a whole day Sun-Mon, and probably at least the Magic Hour on Tues, depending on when I need to go to the airport. (I'm flying out of SNA, so at least I'll be much closer than LAX.) So I should be able to see all the weekend/night shows at least once, then focus on any rides I didn't get to on Monday. This will be my first trip with an AP (I'm upgrading my WDW pass to a Premier), so I'm excited about discounts & especially AP merchandise! DL always has awesome Walt pins that are AP only that I could never buy.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by R2DY View Post
    So, plans keep changing..I had a quick question for you all. I am going to do a Tuesday-Saturday trip in July. Based on crowds, given the choice between July 10-14 (the week after the 4th) and July 17-21, which would you choose?
    Either or, if one is cheaper go with that. After the week of the fourth crowds are the same each week until the 3rd week of August when APs become unblocked.

So I should be able to see all the weekend/night shows at least once, then focus on any rides I didn't get to on Monday. This will be my first trip with an AP (I'm upgrading my WDW pass to a Premier), so I'm excited about discounts & especially AP merchandise! DL always has awesome Walt pins that are AP only that I could never buy.
    It's not a high risk but always possible. If there is a breeze it's likely more windy up high and the fireworks can be limited or canceled. See tham first so you have a second chance on Sunday.

Did you book with an AP rate? If not call back and if it's better see if you can change to it.

Also to get the AP rate you need your AP with you at check in, so run to the ticket booths and upgrade it before checking in.

My mom and I are heading down to the parks next weekend. 27-29. Is there anything going on and how is the weather down there currently? Thanks!

It's not a high risk but always possible. If there is a breeze it's likely more windy up high and the fireworks can be limited or canceled. See tham first so you have a second chance on Sunday.
    Good idea, thanks. Magical is the one where Dumbo flies, right? The last time I was there, I tried to see it twice, and each time Dumbo didn't fly. I'll have to make sure to give it both chances this time, since I don't seem to have great luck with this. lol

Did you book with an AP rate? If not call back and if it's better see if you can change to it.

Also to get the AP rate you need your AP with you at check in, so run to the ticket booths and upgrade it before checking in.
    Do you know how much of a discount an AP gives? I booked with a travel agent rate, which was about 30% off. I didn't even think about the AP rate. I'll be upgrading the pass this week when I go to WDW (yes, two trips in a month! ; DL was totally unplanned) so I can get a better discount on things at WDW, so that won't be a problem.

• Under that tree again!

Good idea, thanks. Magical is the one where Dumbo flies, right? The last time I was there, I tried to see it twice, and each time Dumbo didn't fly. I'll have to make sure to give it both chances this time, since I don't seem to have great luck with this. lol

Do you know how much of a discount an AP gives? I booked with a travel agent rate, which was about 30% off. I didn't even think about the AP rate. I'll be upgrading the pass this week when I go to WDW (yes, two trips in a month! ; DL was totally unplanned) so I can get a better discount on things at WDW, so that won't be a problem.
    Yes Dumbo flies in Magical, of course some wind can cancel that part before needing to cancel the whole show.

AP discounts vary but you are probably better off with a 30% discount. It's not like WDW where an AP discount always beats their other offers.

• Minion

Blog Entries

I scanned and didn't see it so....

Mother's day weekend? My B-day falls on the 14th, so we are headed there on May 12 and 13th.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    Mother's day weekend? My B-day falls on the 14th, so we are headed there on May 12 and 13th.
    It will be busy, all weekends are. So many mother's will be there with thier kids, just like yesterday, there is little difference.