Page 14 of 89 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617243964 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Hi all,

My Friends and I ( 4 of us in total) are doing a relocation cruise from Vancouver to L.A, and since we are in LA why not spend a few days in Disney.

We will be arriving on Thursday September 27 and will be leaving on Monday October 1, 2012 and I am wondering what that crowds will be like during that time. We have only been to Disney twice before during Labor day weekend and Easter so I am hoping it will be a little bit less busy then during those times.

Also I understand they do a Halloween Party during this time and I am wondering if it is worth doing for a group of young adults with no kids. (I hear the lines can be real short!).

Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ticonderoga View Post
    My Friends and I ( 4 of us in total) are doing a relocation cruise from Vancouver to L.A, and since we are in LA why not spend a few days in Disney.

We will be arriving on Thursday September 27 and will be leaving on Monday October 1, 2012 and I am wondering what that crowds will be like during that time. We have only been to Disney twice before during Labor day weekend and Easter so I am hoping it will be a little bit less busy then during those times.

Also I understand they do a Halloween Party during this time and I am wondering if it is worth doing for a group of young adults with no kids. (I hear the lines can be real short!).
    You know that saying about when in Rome?

I would certainly take the chance to go to DLR. Also do a Mickey's Halloween Party.

We may be a few weeks or couple months, from hearing about the official dates. Last year released mid May, but this year Disney may want to promote Cars Land and DCA more first, delaying the release of party dates.

Thursday will be calm. If Friday is the first party it will be ok until evening and then crazy. Saturday and Sunday busy as weekends are. Monday quiet if you have any time to get to the parks before going to port.

I would really do the party. Super fun to see people in costumes, and as adults your chance to dress up too at DLR. You could all dress as group under a single theme. The parade is pretty fun and the fireworks incredible. Though viewing these are where the party is most crowded and take more time than usual. The rides can have nice short lines, but some E-tickets have big lines especially Space and Haunted Mansion. So catch those ride in the morning or another day.

If your group is not so certain on the party, it has an economic advantage. If history repeats your party ticket will be good from 4pm until the end of the party at 12am. Lots of time for a ticket that is much less than a regular day ticket for the parks.

Talking Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    You know that saying about when in Rome?

I would certainly take the chance to go to DLR. Also do a Mickey's Halloween Party.

We may be a few weeks or couple months, from hearing about the official dates. Last year released mid May, but this year Disney may want to promote Cars Land and DCA more first, delaying the release of party dates.

Thursday will be calm. If Friday is the first party it will be ok until evening and then crazy. Saturday and Sunday busy as weekends are. Monday quiet if you have any time to get to the parks before going to port.

I would really do the party. Super fun to see people in costumes, and as adults your chance to dress up too at DLR. You could all dress as group under a single theme. The parade is pretty fun and the fireworks incredible. Though viewing these are where the party is most crowded and take more time than usual. The rides can have nice short lines, but some E-tickets have big lines especially Space and Haunted Mansion. So catch those ride in the morning or another day.

If your group is not so certain on the party, it has an economic advantage. If history repeats your party ticket will be good from 4pm until the end of the party at 12am. Lots of time for a ticket that is much less than a regular day ticket for the parks.
    Thanks!

Very helpful.

Last Week of August......will it be REALLY busy or is the summer crowd slowly dying down? :-/

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by croboy82 View Post
    Last Week of August......will it be REALLY busy or is the summer crowd slowly dying down? :-/
    Last week of August is usually quit resonable.

This year because of most APs being blocked out when DCA has it's grand reopening in June, the 3rd week when they become unblocked may be very busy. This is the 20th to 24th of August.

The week after the 27th to 31st may have some residual effect from those unblocked APs but should be much better. Keep in mind that is the week that Haunted Mansion should be closing for its holiday layover, and also other rehabs may start.

I'm planning a trip to Disneyland in November but haven't picked dates yet. Any suggestions on the least busiest week? We've visited the parks in the past during the week of Veterans Day and the crowds were reasonable. Last year, we were at the park from October14-21 and it was a lot busy then I excepted.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by credekop View Post
    I'm planning a trip to Disneyland in November but haven't picked dates yet. Any suggestions on the least busiest week? We've visited the parks in the past during the week of Veterans Day and the crowds were reasonable. Last year, we were at the park from October14-21 and it was a lot busy then I excepted.
    In October you caught some nights that were busier because of Halloween Parties. Also some school on Fall Breaks. October has good days but not perfect weeks.

November is very good except the week of Thanksgiving. The other weeks crowds are small with busy weekends. The first week is when it transitions from Halloween to Holidays and fireworks don't run on the weekend.

I would choose the 3rd week that contains the 12th to 16th and the weekend after that, or last week the 26th to 30th and the weekend after which is the 1st and 2nd of December.

• Banned User

Being allergic to horrific crowding, we cancelled our planned June trip. I'd like to know about the Halloween seasonal events. When do HMH and Ghost Galaxy usually start? Thanks.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Being allergic to horrific crowding, we cancelled our planned June trip. I'd like to know about the Halloween seasonal events. When do HMH and Ghost Galaxy usually start? Thanks.
    Probably September 14th but this could be off a week. This is when Halloween Season last started and that is when those attractions open with thier seasonal overlays.

Parties may start on the 28th, and these have large crowds.

Dates where announced mid May last year so we may have confirmed dates in a few weeks.

• Banned User

Thanks, Swampy.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    In October you caught some nights that were busier because of Halloween Parties. Also some school on Fall Breaks. October has good days but not perfect weeks.

November is very good except the week of Thanksgiving. The other weeks crowds are small with busy weekends. The first week is when it transitions from Halloween to Holidays and fireworks don't run on the weekend.

I would choose the 3rd week that contains the 12th to 16th and the weekend after that, or last week the 26th to 30th and the weekend after which is the 1st and 2nd of December.
    I don't want to use too many precious vacation days. I'll setup the vacation so that the travel days will be Saturdays and we'll visit the resort from Sunday to Friday. Knowing that what do you suggest?

If anyone else wants to chime in, that would great. The more opinions the better.

We are going to be in Southern CA from 7/14 - 7/21 and were planning a one day trip to DL. I know it will be busy during that time, but any recommendations on the best day of the week to attempt our visit?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfrog View Post
    We are going to be in Southern CA from 7/14 - 7/21 and were planning a one day trip to DL. I know it will be busy during that time, but any recommendations on the best day of the week to attempt our visit?
    Wednesday is best. Tuesay or Thursday the second best. Monday the 4th best.

My friend in another state and I want to meet up for a week of fun at Disneyland some time, but we cant decide the best date. We're both people who only go in the winter, so we're very wary of the summer crowds. When would you say a better time to go would be, May or September? We'd like to avoid the crowds all we can!

If I go to DCA/Disneyland on June 15th do you think itll be unbearable or will I still be able to get on enough rides to have fun? lol