Page 15 of 93 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718254065 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffin View Post
    When would you say a better time to go would be, May or September? We'd like to avoid the crowds all we can!
    For crowds they are similiar. Both months also have decent weather. They each are times for rehabs to take place. Just avoid the 3 day weekends, which are not bad but the worse part of the month. Also Grad Nites in May and Halloween Parties in September can make for crowds.

Make sure you include weekend days to experience fireworks and Fantasmic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo123 View Post
    If I go to DCA/Disneyland on June 15th do you think itll be unbearable or will I still be able to get on enough rides to have fun? lol
    On the 15th DCA will have areas that are painful to be, and crowds overflowing to other parts of the park. You may want to stick to Disneyland only. Disneyland will be busy too at its normal amount and worse as the day goes on as some people finish with Cars Land and migrate to the less busy park. Keep in mind the Matterhorn is reopening this day too and should have big waits.

If you want to see Cars Land or Buena Vista Street, accept enourmous crowds.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 04-28-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Quick question: Does anybody now how tuesdays are working for World of Color this time of year? I wanted to go next tuesday (May 8th) but I wonder if I need to get super early for the fastpasses or is it ok if I get there at 1-2 ish?... Thanks!
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Disney View Post
    Quick question: Does anybody now how tuesdays are working for World of Color this time of year? I wanted to go next tuesday (May 8th) but I wonder if I need to get super early for the fastpasses or is it ok if I get there at 1-2 ish?... Thanks!
    This time of year I would not worry, passes should be lasting into the afternoon and often evening.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    This time of year I would not worry, passes should be lasting into the afternoon and often evening.

Thank you!!
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

First off, let me say a big thanks for this thread - it's really helped plan trips in the past. I'm planning a trip with the family this May 14-15 and just found out about the Fantasmic night time parties those two days. Any ideas what impact that might have on daytime crowds? The Disneyparks blog mentions that availability of tickets is very limited (would they give out more than one Fastasmic-showing's worth? No idea what that number is - 4-5 thousand?). My guess is that the mornings will be calm, but lots of APs might start showing up late afternoon and into the evening. Does that sound about right? Thanks!

Curious about this as well. 14th was supposed to be a very light crowd day until they announced these events. Hopefully it won't get too crazy before 10pm.

• Goofy

i was at the parks yesterday on a wednesday and it ssort of looked busy.tower of terror in dca was 45 mins. weird. i guess it is just me.the rest of the rides were okay good not too bad.i guess the construction stuff makes it seem kinda busy.

• Under that tree again!

In regards to the AP Fantasmic Parties I wouldn't worry.

Most won't show up until evening so the days should remain perfectly fine. The event attendance itself is limited by the viewing area of F!. If you think about how may people can come to see the show, it is a minority of overall attendance. It won't make it truly busy like a Friday night of Sunday.

Great, thanks swampymarsh, that's a big relief. I was just a little bit kind of fearing Leap Day crowds, but figured that was unreasonable.

@Rex Dopey24, it's interesting that you mention that. I've been hitting the touringplans site and app pretty hard the past few days to get a sense of what a "light" day in the parks might really feel like and have been seeing huge spikes on a few rides (like 42 min on Peter Pan 4/30 at 3:00) but really low on Haunted Mansion, Pirates, even Star Tours. Honestly, I think I just need to put the spreadsheet and stats down and look forward to the trip :-).

Actually, anyone going on these days or May 21 and 22 might want to make reservations now for dinner. I got my reservation for later than I wanted - not a lot, but I was kinda surprised that two weeks out at this time of year the 5-6:00 block was already booked for Cafe Orleans. I don't know, maybe that's normal.
    Last edited by devans; 05-03-2012 at 10:58 AM.

I was thinking of going to DLR tomorrow. Anyone been on cinco de mayo before? Heavy crowds?

I am going to the cars land preview on the 14th. Do you think that on the 15th Disneyland will be that busy? or will it just be DCA that is busy

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by kadiek11 View Post
    I was thinking of going to DLR tomorrow. Anyone been on cinco de mayo before? Heavy crowds?
    Cinco de Mayo isn't a reason that makes the park busy, but since it's a Saturday it will be busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Patman345 View Post
    I am going to the cars land preview on the 14th. Do you think that on the 15th Disneyland will be that busy? or will it just be DCA that is busy
    Disneyland will not be super busy as crowds will shift into or focus on DCA. In the evening expect both parks to be busy.

hmm wonder if tomorrow is going to be busy

Does anyone have the touring guides times for the 13th or the 20th? this month?

We will be arriving June 22 and have the options of 3 days between June 23-26. Originally planned to go Mon-Wed to avoid the weekend but am thinking the family might do better with a day break since we have 4, 7 and 8 yr olds. Which 2 days would you recommend for DL and which day for CA? Thanks