Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718192666 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by drtaru View Post
    Does anyone have the touring guides times for the 13th or the 20th? this month?
    Do you mean the ratings from Touring Plans?

Quote Originally Posted by profah View Post
    We will be arriving June 22 and have the options of 3 days between June 23-26. Originally planned to go Mon-Wed to avoid the weekend but am thinking the family might do better with a day break since we have 4, 7 and 8 yr olds. Which 2 days would you recommend for DL and which day for CA? Thanks
    For crowds it's best to avoid the Saturday the 23rd. Leaving the 24th, 25th and 26th all in a row. If you want to skip a day go on the 23rd and not the 24th.

I would suggest park hopping and if you are only doing one park per day put DCA in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Do you mean the ratings from Touring Plans?
    That's exactly what I mean

Oops I posted my dates wrong. We will be able to go any of the 3 days between Sunday June 24- Wed June 27. I guess I am wondering if Sundays are bad being a weekend. My orginal plan was to avoid the weekend to go Mon-Wed but thinking it would be good to have a day off. So what do you think of MM on Sunday at DL, Tues DCA, Wed DL. Maybe do our character breakfast on Tues before DCA. I am worried about taking up DL hrs w/ the breakfast! Thanks

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by drtaru View Post
    That's exactly what I mean
    TP subscribers violate the terms of use when they share the information. On sites like this the TP information is posted a week ahead of time. It is down near the bottom.
    http://micechat.com/blogs/dateline-d...revisions.html

If you just want to know which day is better. The 13th has a small edge. The 20th is Bat Day, when a group albeit small compared to the full attendance comes to the park.

Quote Originally Posted by profah View Post
    Oops I posted my dates wrong. We will be able to go any of the 3 days between Sunday June 24- Wed June 27. I guess I am wondering if Sundays are bad being a weekend. My orginal plan was to avoid the weekend to go Mon-Wed but thinking it would be good to have a day off. So what do you think of MM on Sunday at DL, Tues DCA, Wed DL. Maybe do our character breakfast on Tues before DCA. I am worried about taking up DL hrs w/ the breakfast! Thanks

Hey all!

I'm thinking about picking up some SoCal AP's right now!
    Anyone have any idea of how crowds might be this Sunday, Mother's Day.

Thanks

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Wifey View Post
    I'm thinking about picking up some SoCal AP's right now!
    Anyone have any idea of how crowds might be this Sunday, Mother's Day.
    Today thousands of mothers took thier family to DLR, tomorrow it will be the same, except the family taking thier mom. Not a big difference to worry about regarding crowds.

Because you will be blocked for most of Summer, think about how many times you can get in with a SoCal AP before the blockout begins. Have fun tomorrow.

We figured since we can go a bunch of times with our AP's, we are just going to leave tomorrow afternoon in hopes that by then kids will become tired and whiny and their parents will take them home- resulting in less people. LOL

Thank you

• Dreams do come true

When do they start the Christmas/Holiday overlay?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by kaylas View Post
    When do they start the Christmas/Holiday overlay?
    It goes up slowly in pieces. Halloween Season is still going on. It's a Small World will possibly close Monday the 22nd of October, to get it's large layover. It takes a couple weeks to be installed. While they aren't turned on at night, the lights on the trees in the Plaza go up in late October. Big changes start November 1st right after guests leave the last Halloween Party.

Anyone know what kind of crowds to expect the week before the big openings? I'll be at the resort june 3-6, I've never been there this early in the summer.

What about Memorial weekend? We're either going this upcoming Saturday or Sunday..which day would be best in terms of crowds?
    Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by rytheguy View Post
    Anyone know what kind of crowds to expect the week before the big openings? I'll be at the resort june 3-6, I've never been there this early in the summer.
    3rd will be busy it's a Sunday and will calm down as the night progresses. 4th and 5th should be ok, moderate to low crowds. 6th will have moderate crowds, into June I expect more Grads to show up earlier in the day for their party that night.

I would not worry about the 4th and 5th being the last open days for SoCal Select APs until thier Summer Blockout. There is no incentive for them all to get in the park skipping work or school, since the new stuff doesn't open until two week later.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite9011 View Post
    What about Memorial weekend? We're either going this upcoming Saturday or Sunday..which day would be best in terms of crowds?
    Sunday for sure. Saturday is the busiest day of the week. For a 3 day weekend this is not a bad one. Most schools are still in session and people are not taking big vacations. While normally on Sunday things calm down in the evenings as families leave to get home for work or school the next day, this will not be as pronounced on a 3 day weekend.

I have posted this on another thread, but please give me your opinion.....
    June 12- DCA
    June 13- Disneyland
    Question- Should I go on Saturday (June 16) and take advantage of Magic Hour, and early opening of DCA (8am)? The rub with that is I need to finish my touring at noon so I can eat lunch, check out of hotel and head to the airport.
    OR
    Should I go on Friday (June 15), arrive at opening at Disneyland (8am), tour until about 1, then return to DCA around 8pm. Do you have a better recommendation for the 15th if this is the better day? Should I try to hit DCA early?

Thanks so much for your help!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffismonkey View Post
    Question- Should I go on Saturday (June 16) OR
    Should I go on Friday June 15
    I would go on the 15th, simply because you have 12 more hours of park time that day.

Some of this advice is based on my guesses of what will happen on the opening day.

Doing the tour on the 15th sounds fine if you are starting in DL. If you want to ride the Matterhorn see if you can get there ASAP, meaning be in line at the gates by 7:15, so you are near the front of the rope drop. Walk quickly to the Matterhorn, right up the parade route. If you are touring solo this day there will be sinlge rider line that should work easily. If not solo, try if not riding right away, wait until after the tour because the line will likely be 2 to 3 hours long. You may also find the line a little shorter during the parade at 4pm, but longer during the 6:30pm parade. Also consider riding it late at night, particularily between 11pm and 12am when the park closes.

Remember DCA isn't opening until 10am on the 15th. They are having a opening ceremony on Buena Vista Street before the park opens to regular guests. They may or may not do a rope drop style opening in Carthay Circle. The gates may open before 10am depending on how that ceremony goes.

If you want to ride the Cars Land attractions this will be a problem. A line will start forming for RSR on the evening of the 14th. In the morning this line will be let in directly to RSR, and make up the first 3 or 4 hours of riders.
    There also may be a seperate line before the parks opens to LFT and MJJ, I suspect if they do this these lines will only make up the first hour of riders for these attractions as most people will opt for the RSR line.

Everyone else at the DCA gaits waiting for opening will be let in after those special lines or only to other areas of the park. At this point with so many people in line in Cars Land the rest of DCA may seem moderatly crowded, but not yet bad. Crowds will go up over the day, and may be very bad after 5pm. DCA may also reach capacity and close to new entries late morning, early afternoon or after 5pm when after work crowds arrive.

If you want to ride RSR, you may try waiting at night for the park to open, or getting in line right after the people who waited at night. Also getting in line after 10:30pm but before the 11pm closing may yield the shortest wait.

ETA: When you are there ask if resort guests will get any early entry benefit through the GCH entrance into DCA. It may be worth adding a day onto your tickets to do DCA Saturday morning if you can get into Cars Land early.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 05-20-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Thank you so much for your input and advice! I really appreciate it!

I decided to opt out of the tour because I do not want to use up valuable morning hours on such a busy day. I think this is the plan:
    Be one of the first at rope drop at DL to ride Matterhorn. After Matterhorn, ride a couple more things. Then head over to DCA. This should be just shortly after DCA opening. I really do not want to ride anything, I just want to see the new stuff. If we get to ride something, it will be just a bonus. Oh, and I want to check out Aladdin since it will not be showing on the previous dates I am visiting.
    Around 1'ish, we will go check out of our off-site hotel (late check-out perk) and check into DLH. I think we will just relax and enjoy the hotel/pools and maybe Downtown Disney. I think we will return to DL around 9pm and stay until closing. How do you think the crowds will be from 9pm-12am?
    Any other advice? Thanks again!