Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920274267 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

I would suggest while in DL, after the Matterhorn, grab FPs. Follow the parade route to the Fantasyland side of the Matterhorn, not because the wait there is shorter because it's the shortest walk and you will be in the line sooner. If you aren't right at the front of the rope drop, I would send someone to grab FPs see if they can work their way to the ropes. Grab a Star Tours FP then hurry up and catch up to the group at the Matterhorn. Then after the Matterhorn you should be able to get another FP and maybe another set of FPs before you hop to DCA.

Then going to DCA should be fine if you aren't hoping to ride things. Thinking of it as a bonus if you catch a ride with a short wait is a good thing to do. You may want to go back at night too, even to just walk around for an hour, to see the lights.

Skip DTD, you may want to eat there, but save the shopping for Saturday morning on Thursday when you aren't in the parks.

1. You may catch the Matterhorn soft opened ealier in the week, if you do you may want to rethink things. Since this is a big trip for you, you may not want to leave without riding the Matterhorn, RSR, LFT or MJJ. It could be regretful or of course it will make it exciting to come back.

2. Because it's a Friday after 5pm crowds will increase. If DL didn't seem too busy in the morning, which aside from the Matterhorn will probably be the case, it will be at night. Friday nights are very busy from after work crowds. This is why you will want to have some FPs saved from the morning. Crowds will drop a little after the fireworks end, and a little after the second F!. Really not noticeable until 11pm, though it's possible people will hop over from DCA.

3. Keep in mind because of the crowds hoping to get into the parks for new stuff the Security Lines will be crazy. 7am you should be on property to get through security and to the gates for Rope Drop.

7am on Friday, got it. Great idea about grabbing fast passes. I am hoping that will not be the day they decide to reinforce FP return times!
    I have my fingers crossed that they will be doing soft openings for Matterhorn on the day I visit (Wednesday). If so, that changes this whole scenario. Not to worry, I have plan B and C, lol!
    Thursday I have a full day planned elsewhere, so there will not be a lot of time for just relaxing and shopping. Not to mention all of us will be suffering from some serious jet lag! But hey, who can be miserable at the happiest place on earth?!
    Thanks again!
    Oh, what is the quickest way to get to Inn and Out Burger?! Is it close to DLH? I need to get my fix before we fly out!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffismonkey View Post
    Not to mention all of us will be suffering from some serious jet lag!

Oh, what is the quickest way to get to Inn and Out Burger?! Is it close to DLH? I need to get my fix before we fly out!
    Try to adjust to the time before you leave, if possible. Jet Lag can really be a problem your first day or two.

2 miles north on Harbor Blvd at the intersection with Orangthorpe. It's on the NE corner of the interesection and a little east on the SE corner is a Disney Character Warehouse.

We're going in mid-September, Sunday-to-Friday. We've never gone this time of the year. I hear crowds are sparse, but it's still really hot. Any tips?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Santoanderson View Post
    We're going in mid-September, Sunday-to-Friday. We've never gone this time of the year. I hear crowds are sparse, but it's still really hot. Any tips?
    Crowds are low but expect it to be busy Sunday and Friday evening.

Make sure you see the night shows on Sunday leaving Friday as a backup. Fireworks and F! won't run during the week. With the heat comes wind, and wind can stop the fireworks from showing.

The hours will be short during the week so even if it's hot a midday break may not be practical. When it's hot it good to have a FP for Splash and Grizzly River Run to use midday. Focus on indoor attractions like dark rides, the Animation Building and Innoventions.

Expect closures, Space and Haunted Mansion will be closed and reopen for the 14th and start of Halloween Season. Other rehabs are common during this time.

planning on going tomorrow, normally a wednesday wouldn't be very packed, but it's a grad night - how has the new all day passes impacted crowd levels? basically will it be a "saturday night" crowd past 6pm or so when all the hsers file in?

• Under that tree again!

The crowds won't make it busy until evening. You will see them here and there but by 5 you will start seeing a bunch. They will mostly be on the E-Ticket attractions, so it will be wise to gather FastPasses through the slow day to use in the evening when the Grads are making the lines worse.

ah okay thanks!!

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslw View Post
    planning on going tomorrow, normally a wednesday wouldn't be very packed, but it's a grad night - how has the new all day passes impacted crowd levels? basically will it be a "saturday night" crowd past 6pm or so when all the hsers file in?
    dca will be more crowded than dl. thats what happen to me when went to the parks last wednesday and dca had long lines at all the rides. disneyland is less people though.

Hi everyone!
    I will be visiting with some friends the Disneyland resort for the first time in late june (many knows already WDW though). We will be in the Anaheim area from friday, june 22nd to sunday, june 24th and plan to visit both parks one day.
    I know it is not the best weekend to attend since the crowds will be wild but i plan to do the following to try to lower (at least a little bit) the waits:
    Friday: DCA (only deluxe APs are not blocked out and it is not yet weekend)
    Saturday: break day to avoid saturday madness (all APs blocked)
    Sunday: disneyland park (but deluxe and socal valid)

Do you think it is a good plan or should we make changes and visit on saturday instead? Also if you have any tips for visiting these days that would be much helpful, I am so excited to finally visit the great CA resort!

• Under that tree again!

Friday, be at the DCA gates at 7:15 or 7:30. It's possible there will be a rope drop on Carthay Circle and the gates may open at 7:30 for it. Starting on the 16th we may see how this all works out. If no rope drops then arrive at 7:30. If you plan to ride Radiator Spring Racers, you want to get that FP ASAP because the FP kiosks may have thier own 15 or 30 minute wait. Also if you want to split up Radiator Springs Racers will have a single rider line.

Don't forget to get your World of Color show ticket in the morning, probably before 10 for the Blue zone. Also Soarin and TSMM though aside from the queue are identical to WDW's versions are great to ride at DCA because the waits are shorter. TSMM does not have FP but Soaring does. Little Mermaid gets short waits so don't make this a priority.

Saturday or Sunday is a good question. I would go with Saturday because the unblocked local APs will make Sunday more crowded.

Remember in addition to the attractions MK hasn't but DL has, Space and POTC are better at DL. Don't forget Mr. Toad and possibly Snow White that have left the MK.

Thanks for your feedback!
    I was planning of going into Cars land in late afternoon (like after 4pm). I used this strategy couple of times at the harry potter land in IOA in 2010 as i realized everyone was rushing into the new area in the morning. Despite it was still crowded in the afternoon (as i expect for carsland too) it was surprisingly less crazy after 3-4pm sometimes. I will check back here after June 15th see how things are going, because I am not sure to be able to get my whole group at the main gate at 7:30am!

I was also planning of getting world of color picnic packages. Is it worth it if we still get into the park during the morning? (i really want to get a good viewing area)

• Under that tree again!

I would try to get to CL early. While WWoHP does often slow in late afternoon, that is specific to IOA, not Disney Parks. Also WWoHP was built with a huge error it has little room for the people in the land, but CL is built with a much better design and shouldn't have that same problem. It is possible it will have a lull at 2 and 5 when the parades run in DCA but I wouldn't count on this making a positive difference.

I'd aim for the RSR FP and please be aware they may all be distributed in an hour. I would stress going into CL early in the day. Friday's can start out just fine, but start to slowly get busier in the afternoon and get really busy in the evenings. If early is a problem, suck it up and get there, and then around noon or one go back to the hotel for a break. This will be well worth it.

Picnics are ok. They are all served cold. They don't cost much more than lunch. However they don't help you get a good viewing area. The key is to get there early and get a spot along a railing since the viewing area is tiered. I would suggest going to your show pass color's meeting area, just ask CMs where this is, about 15 minutes before the return time on your show tickets. Once you get spots claimed by a railing, you can take turns running to the bathroom, maybe getting a ride in, or grabbing snacks for the group. All viewing is standing only.

This is really helpful, thanks!
    Concerning the picnics, i am just wondering if the line to get reservation tickets could be long at morning. Then i guess the picnic package could be a good solution. If not, which viewing area do you recommend and what time is the best to show up at the fast pass machines to get it?
    In Disney world I usually go to second performances of the shows and parades as they are less busy. Is it the same situation at DLR or not?

• Under that tree again!

The Picnics have a limited number available. You can reserve them online at disneyland.com 30 days to just a day out. On the same day you can walk up and buy the picnic package, but there will be risk they will sell out. They are available to buy or pick up from 11:30am to 8pm.

The line to pick up the ticket from the FP kiosks was large when the show was new, but now it only take about 5 minutes at most. It's very fluid.

Primarily blue but yellow works fine too. Mainly I say this because about 2/3 of the blue zone has good rail viewing spots, but only 1/3 of the yellow zone has good railing view spots. The key is to be closer to the center of Paradise park so you look at the show strait on, not at an angle from the side. It doesn matter if you are in the front tier or back tier, they have different views but each have pros and very few cons.

Each show, first and second will have a full audience. These shows will fill up. One advantage of the second show is you can arrive at the meeting place right at the opening return time, less need to be there early. One disadvantage is you may ruin some of the experience if you are walking around the area and catch a glimpse of the first show.