Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12345122752 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by saramommy View Post
    Juni- were the parks ridiculous or just the surrounding area..DD, hotels, etc? We're going that weekend as well, but staying at GCH...maybe that will help us?
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyland55 View Post
    I second this question. I'm hoping the parks aren't crazy. DL closes at 10 on Friday and opens at 9 both Friday and Saturday. If they are expecting huge crowds aren't the hours usually 8-Midnight the whole weekend?
    Don't be majorly concerned about the NAMM Convention. It has only a small effect on the park crowds which are lower than a typical weekend to begin with. Disneyland55 that is correct if it was truly busy it would have the extended hours.

What it does effect:
    *The area motel/hotel prices especially when you go south of the parks.
    *The ART shuttles
    *The area restaurants.
    *DTD in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Don't be majorly concerned about the NAMM Convention. It has only a small effect on the park crowds which are lower than a typical weekend to begin with. Disneyland55 that is correct if it was truly busy it would have the extended hours.

What it does effect:
    *The ART shuttles
    *The area restaurants.
    *DTD in the evening.
    Thanks for the great answer!

Lightbulb Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

my kids' spring break is April 2-7
    is this going to be crazy town that week?
    Is it worth having them miss school to go in early March?

According to touring plans it will be busy...mostly 9 & 10s. When spending that kind of money for DLR I'd rather pull my kids out and go during a slower week. Although March is going to be busy too. February (not President's weekend) or the first week in March will be moderately busy, but the slower time to go compared to Spring Break season which starts March 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post

What it does effect:
    *The ART shuttles
    *The area restaurants.
    *DTD in the evening.
    Also parking. Last year during NAMM we tried parking in the Toy Story lot only to find it was reserved for NAMM guests only - even though there was no signage coming from the freeway that said so.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by neeka27 View Post
    my kids' spring break is April 2-7
    is this going to be crazy town that week?
    Is it worth having them miss school to go in early March?
    That first week of April is the peak of Spring Break. Crazy is an acceptable adjective for it.

If you can go the very first week of March you avoid almost every school break. However the hours are shorter, and probably fireworks and Fantasmic won't run midweek. Reahabs still going on in the parks. The weekends will be busy.

If you wait a week to the second full week of March the crowds will have arrived and the hours will be long and night shows running. All the short rehabs either done of wrapping up.

You can make tradeoff, park running at it's best but with crowds. Or limits on the park with low crowds.

Also hotel prices will be higher when it's later or further into Spring Break because of greater crowds increasing room demand.

I just came to ask about the first Monday and Tuesday in March, but swampymarsh just answered it. For me the only benefit of parades and Fantasmic is that they reduce lines elsewhere in the park, but it doesn't sound like it will be much of an issue.

Hmmm.... Ok, the op mentioned the following:

During the Disneyland Southern California Discount. Disneyland is not doing a 2fer this year, instead there is a Southern California Discount. You can find the information regarding the discount in this thread:Southern California Disneyland discount for 2011 No more 2fer

During Spring Break. Spring Break times run from Mid-March to the end of April. Couple that with the 2fer and you have a busy park. Looking at the Blackout Day calendar, Disneyland is expecting the peak Spring Break days to be from April 16th to April 30th.

So my confusion is here. First header states there will be no 2fer while the second says the 2fer and Spring Break are going to make for a busy Disneyland. We are going April 22nd to the 27th and were able to book the retro rate at Hojo and Easter is earlier in the month. That coupled with what seems like most school breaks to be over by mid April, had me hoping we were in the clear crowd wise. Was there maybe a typo in the original post???? ( fingers crossed, hoping)

-_- Help. Please and thank you.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by kra0125 View Post
    Hmmm.... Ok, the op mentioned the following:

During the Disneyland Southern California Discount. Disneyland is not doing a 2fer this year, instead there is a Southern California Discount. You can find the information regarding the discount in this thread:Southern California Disneyland discount for 2011 No more 2fer

During Spring Break. Spring Break times run from Mid-March to the end of April. Couple that with the 2fer and you have a busy park. Looking at the Blackout Day calendar, Disneyland is expecting the peak Spring Break days to be from April 16th to April 30th.

So my confusion is here. First header states there will be no 2fer while the second says the 2fer and Spring Break are going to make for a busy Disneyland. We are going April 22nd to the 27th and were able to book the retro rate at Hojo and Easter is earlier in the month. That coupled with what seems like most school breaks to be over by mid April, had me hoping we were in the clear crowd wise. Was there maybe a typo in the original post???? ( fingers crossed, hoping)

-_- Help. Please and thank you.
    I highlight in your post in red, what looks to be an error. Probably it was copied and pasted and that information is from 2011 when Easter fell later. This year the AP blocks are the first two weeks of April, you can check for yourself in the link.
    Blockout Calendars | Annual Passports | Disneyland Resort

You may be hitting the shoulder of Spring break, which may mean small crowd issues, but also it may mean long hours and full entertainment. Sort of a best of both worlds(lands) situation for DLR.

• Minion

am going on 24hours day and bradcasting live as well
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Thank you Swampymarsh! That's what I was hoping to hear!

I, too, am VERY interested in what kind of crowds we should be expecting Febuary 29th. Touring Plans shows very low crowds but there are a lot of locals that are avid Disneyland fans that might bring them to the park for the 24 hour experience. I don't see a lot of chatter about it on this board though, so are most people skipping it due to being midweek?

• B Funk All Star

I'm interested in the Feb 29th crowd thoughts as well. We're debating between that week and the week of May 21st. I figure it will be moderately crowded that day with a nice pickup in the evening and throughout the night. I figure they'll be running Fantasmic/Fireworks that evening as well.

• Under that tree again!

29th.

It's hard to tell since there hasn't been anything like this with so many SoCal APs living nearby.

I'd guess that Disney has to make the day special. If it were simply 24 hrs, big deal, DL has had it before, it's in the middle of the work week, schools in session.

1,000 diehard show up at 6am to be there at the opening. 200 leave to go to work having been there. At 8am regular guest show up. Small crowds all morning. Some half day people show up around noon. Still small crowds. Mid afternoon actual crowds show up. Lot of after work people in the evening, like Mickey's Halloween Party nights. Trails off a bit at 10pm as people need to get off for work. 12am trails off fast. 2am only the hardcore DL fans are left. Keep staffing appropriate for small crowds and operate like MM 6 am to 8am and 12am to 6am.

Hopefully they "WoW" us with more reason to attend.

To make it a special event. Add a pancake breakfast down mainstreet from 6am to 8am. Extra parades during the day, big character events. Have F! back to run a couple shows at 8 and 10 maybe 12 too. Run Soundsational again at night. RDCT and a special firework show at 9 and 12-2am. Late night pancake breakfast on mainstreet from 2am to 6am. Bands/DJs late night in various spots to keep the energy up.

I officially nominate swampymarsh to be in charge of all entertainment for Feb 29th!!! Vote for swampymarsh! I, too, hope they really do something to make the 29th extra special! It's amazing that there was so much build up for the announcement and then nothing at all on the disneyland website. Hopefully they will want to show that they can put on a better party than the MK in Florida. I bought my airline ticket banking on it. I will be one of the diehards there at the 6am opening and still there at 530am the next morning. I too think the crowds will be highest in the evening but should drop off after midnight. Hope they still keep a lot of ride open though, more like a grad night, than a magic morning.

Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12345122752 ... LastLast