Page 20 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223304570 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelindude View Post
    Basically, would it be better to spend a full day at Disneyland on Thursday, 6/28 (the last day before SoCal AP's are blacked out for the summer) or Friday, 6/29 (weekend, start of 4th of July crowds, etc.)? Any input would be nice.
    I have read that it is CRAZY busy on the last day before SoCal APs are blacked out for the summer, so I would definitely choose Friday, 6/29, over Thursday, 6/28, if I were in your shoes!

Im planning on going to the park on sat June 16th. does anyone know when the earliest I can park my car at mickey and friends is? I wanted to get in line earlier if not the night before...

I believe the Mickey & Friends parking lot opens up 1 hr before the parks open. So I think you can enter the parking lot at 7am.

Although, due to the re-opening of DCA, the operating hours may be different. Not sure.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by summertime View Post
    I have read that it is CRAZY busy on the last day before SoCal APs are blacked out for the summer, so I would definitely choose Friday, 6/29, over Thursday, 6/28, if I were in your shoes!
    I don't quite think it's that simple.

Since Cars Land and the Matterhorn are planned to open on the 15th, this give the SoCal APs a lot of time to check them out and get them out of thier system. Especially given two Sundays, the 17th and 24th should give them the time to go, and they won't want to take work off to go again on the 28th. Cars Land is giving them a reason go rather than having thier last chance befor Summer being the reason to go.

I'm still sure the 28th will be busy, but not as bad as Friday evening, remember there are a lot of Delux and Premium AP holders too. Saturday will still probably have the worst all day crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I'm still sure the 28th will be busy, but not as bad as Friday evening, remember there are a lot of Deluxe and Premium AP holders too. Saturday will still probably have the worst all day crowds.
    So you don't think that blocking out the Deluxe AP holders on Saturday will help those crowds? I am so confused...I read on another Disney fan board that Saturdays were less crowded during the summer than Sundays because DAPs are blocked out. But maybe Saturday 6/30 will be different because it's the beginning of 4th of July week?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by summertime View Post
    So you don't think that blocking out the Deluxe AP holders on Saturday will help those crowds? I am so confused...I read on another Disney fan board that Saturdays were less crowded during the summer than Sundays because DAPs are blocked out. But maybe Saturday 6/30 will be different because it's the beginning of 4th of July week?
    Crowds work like this.

Friday is a little busier than the other weekdays but in the afternoon you notice it getting more busy and then very busy shortly after 5pm. This is because people start thier weekend leaving work early or go after work.

Saturday is solidly busy all day long shortly after the park opens. Even when Delux APs are blocked. When delux is blocked it's never a good thing, it means the park is going to be very busy without them. So while blocking delux keeps it from getting crazy it doesn't make it calm.

Sunday starts like a Saturday but after dinner it slowly starts to get less busy after the fireworks it gets less and less busy until close. People wrap up thier weekend and get in the car to get home for a good nights rest unlike Friday and Saturday where more people saty until close..

Because of the 4th many guests are coming for extended visits and Sunday won't have the slowing night, and they will be coming for the whole weekend. This is going to make Saturday and Sunday worse too.

This is why Friday will get very busy in the evening and Saturday won't be a typical Saturday.

Thanks for the explanation, swampymarsh!

We are planning another two week vacation for October. We like to begin our stay on a Tues or Weds and take advantage of lower midweek crowds.

I am leaning toward 10/2 - 10/15 or 10/9 - 10/22.

Which would be better crowd and weather wise? How soon do they announce refurbs? I don't want to go when Pirates is down...its my favorite ride!

Anything else to consider? We have yet to experience disney during Halloween time.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Crowds work like this.

Friday is a little busier than the other weekdays but in the afternoon you notice it getting more busy and then very busy shortly after 5pm. This is because people start thier weekend leaving work early or go after work.

Saturday is solidly busy all day long shortly after the park opens. Even when Delux APs are blocked. When delux is blocked it's never a good thing, it means the park is going to be very busy without them. So while blocking delux keeps it from getting crazy it doesn't make it calm.

Sunday starts like a Saturday but after dinner it slowly starts to get less busy after the fireworks it gets less and less busy until close. People wrap up thier weekend and get in the car to get home for a good nights rest unlike Friday and Saturday where more people saty until close..

Because of the 4th many guests are coming for extended visits and Sunday won't have the slowing night, and they will be coming for the whole weekend. This is going to make Saturday and Sunday worse too.

This is why Friday will get very busy in the evening and Saturday won't be a typical Saturday.
    Do you think Friday night will be busier though since Aps are allowed in?

I'm going to DTD for my birthday and just want to go on the day with...less people around just in case i go in the parks for a few mins to see Carsland

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    I am leaning toward 10/2 - 10/15 or 10/9 - 10/22.

Which would be better crowd and weather wise? How soon do they announce refurbs? I don't want to go when Pirates is down...its my favorite ride!
    I would go the earlier two weeks. You will hit a busier than normal three days weekend with Columbus Day being a minor holiday and Gays Days celebrated that weekend with Sunday being the day they all go to the park. In the later dates you hit some Fall school breaks. The reason I'd choose the first part of the month over the later part is because you would end your trip with those bigger crowds if you want later.

Weather is better earlier. It tends to be warmer, drier, and less windy. Granted the month is pretty consistently warm and dry and going a couple weeks earlier is only a couple degrees warmer and a tiny less chance of rain or wind.

Rehabs for the period will be about the same in either time and I would not expect POTC to be closed. We will probably hear some specific dates in about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Do you think Friday night will be busier though since Aps are allowed in?

I'm going to DTD for my birthday and just want to go on the day with...less people around just in case i go in the parks for a few mins to see Carsland
    Like I mentioned above Fridays always get very busy after 5 and it's mainly an effect by the APs coming to the parks for a part of the day after work. Friday evening/night is often the busiest time of a week, but the day is not close to it. With this being the start of a Holiday week Saturday and Sunday will also have very large crowds.

You will find DTD also busier on a Friday night so make reservations if you are planning dinner there. RFC you need to call direct, everyway else reservations can be made through Disney Dining, phone or email.

If you are considering Tortilla Jo's, Naples, or Catal join quick for this Birthday offer.
    http://www.patinagroup.com/joinus.php

I would go the earlier two weeks. You will hit a busier than normal three days weekend with Columbus Day being a minor holiday and Gays Days celebrated that weekend with Sunday being the day they all go to the park. In the later dates you hit some Fall school breaks. The reason I'd choose the first part of the month over the later part is because you would end your trip with those bigger crowds if you want later.

Weather is better earlier. It tends to be warmer, drier, and less windy. Granted the month is pretty consistently warm and dry and going a couple weeks earlier is only a couple degrees warmer and a tiny less chance of rain or wind.

Rehabs for the period will be about the same in either time and I would not expect POTC to be closed. We will probably hear some specific dates in about a month.

Thanks Swampymarsh. Your suggestions always make good sense!
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Hi guys! My Girl Scout Troop is planning on going to Disneyland on the 16th, which is the day after Cars Land opens. I know that crowds will be pretty bad, but I'm wondering how bad you all think it will be. Will it be as bad as going on the 15th? Should I give up hope on fastpassing anything? We can't reschedule the date, so I'm just trying to figure out what we should hope for.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyHunter View Post
    Hi guys! My Girl Scout Troop is planning on going to Disneyland on the 16th, which is the day after Cars Land opens. I know that crowds will be pretty bad, but I'm wondering how bad you all think it will be. Will it be as bad as going on the 15th? Should I give up hope on fastpassing anything? We can't reschedule the date, so I'm just trying to figure out what we should hope for.
    It will likely be worse than the 15th.

A. Saturdays are always a larger attendance day.
    B. On Friday people will be stuck in huge lines for the CL attractions and Matterhorn, which mean they won't also be in line for the other attractions.

It may be pretty crazy, but use FastPass well. Get another one when the first one return window opens or 2 hours later, whichever happens first. The FastPass for Radiator Springs Racers may be gone quickly they may distribute all the FPs in an hour or two but for other attractions they should last well into the day.

Try to be there so you are at the gates close to 7:30am and plan to stay late. Using the early and late hours to pack in the rides.

Were you able to get discount tickets through the YES program?
    Disney Youth Education Series | Disney Youth Groups

• Please pull the yellowtab

Thumbs up Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Crowds work like this.

Wow. This is a very accurate description of weekend crowd trends and for major national holidays, like July 4. I think this post should be a default answer for all questions about visiting during these times. Or at the very least added to RegionsBeyond amazingly informative but succinct post on page 1.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

All right, so here is my question. My family is taking our once a year trip to the park on 7/30 - 8/4. We have a 5 day hopper knowing it is going to be plenty busy we wanted to take our time and enjoy some down and pool time also. We have one magic morning only, and I remember being at Disney World and figuring out quite quickly that you should start your day at the park that didn't offer the early entry, as it was always much quieter. Now that DCA and DL will both be offering early entry do you think this will hold true for the DLR as well?