Page 21 of 83 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243171 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 1232
  1. #301

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    is August looking bad? My family is thinking of planning a late August trip... does anyone know the crowd forecast?

  2. #302

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    5

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    My family & I are planning a trip to Disneyland on 7/4 & 7/5
    7/4 will be for Disneyland
    7/5 will be for DCA

    How will the crowds be? We're planning to arrive at the parks around 8:00am for both days

  3. #303

    • Under that tree again!
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,155

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by hendersonscott View Post
    All right, so here is my question. My family is taking our once a year trip to the park on 7/30 - 8/4. We have a 5 day hopper knowing it is going to be plenty busy we wanted to take our time and enjoy some down and pool time also. We have one magic morning only, and I remember being at Disney World and figuring out quite quickly that you should start your day at the park that didn't offer the early entry, as it was always much quieter. Now that DCA and DL will both be offering early entry do you think this will hold true for the DLR as well?
    As far as Magic Mornings, it will probably be like WDW where you should avoid the park with MM. Probably only for the morning because unlike WDW it's super easy to hop and most guests can hop so the parks should balance out later on as guest go to thier favorite attractions.

    Make sure you get to the park gates about 30 minutes early for so you can get in for the Rope Drop. Then make the most of a quiet morning and start gathering FPs to use later. Between 1 and 3 is peak attendance so take you breaks for naps and the pools then.

    Quote Originally Posted by shawnman View Post
    is August looking bad? My family is thinking of planning a late August trip... does anyone know the crowd forecast?
    Avoid the 20th through 24th, many APs will be unblocked and come during those days making them possibly the worst of Summer. The very last week may be ok, but certainly not uncrowded. Avoid weekends if you can.

    Quote Originally Posted by iDisney View Post
    My family & I are planning a trip to Disneyland on 7/4 & 7/5
    7/4 will be for Disneyland
    7/5 will be for DCA

    How will the crowds be? We're planning to arrive at the parks around 8:00am for both days
    It will be very busy. On the 4th watch closely for clues that DL may close for capacity, such as signs for APs to get thier hands stamped. DL will get busier as the day progresses because many people come and crowd Main Street and the Hub for the special firework show. On this day the park tends to get busiest in the evening.

  4. #304

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    371

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Myself and 5 of my friends are going to Disneyland (only. Not DCA) on June 23rd. I know matterhorn is going to draw a big line but will Disneyland crowds be any more escelated that last year's weekend after Star Tours?

  5. #305

    • Under that tree again!
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,155

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
    Myself and 5 of my friends are going to Disneyland (only. Not DCA) on June 23rd. I know matterhorn is going to draw a big line but will Disneyland crowds be any more escelated that last year's weekend after Star Tours?
    I would expect the crowds to be worse than a year ago because Cars Land and other new things are going to bring a lot more people to the resort than LM and ST did. Other than ST who's huge lines had settled down expect everything to be a little busier.

    Make good use of the early hours, be to the gates about 15 minutes early if you can and go to AL first, avoid the Morning Magic Crowd that will be in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland already. You may want to start by having somone take all the tickets and grab a ST FP or Space FP first.

    Matterhorn may have similiar lines to what it has had in the past. They redid the loading to speed it up with single person seating, a single rider queue and simplified handcap loading. This should halp take the edge of the demand to rise after its long closure.

  6. #306

    • Special Agent
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,884

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
    Myself and 5 of my friends are going to Disneyland (only. Not DCA) on June 23rd. I know matterhorn is going to draw a big line but will Disneyland crowds be any more escelated that last year's weekend after Star Tours?
    I went yesterday, which was a Saturday and it looks like the 23rd is a Saturday too. Disneyland is expecting heavy crowds on the 17th (today) and the 24th. If next Saturday turns out anything like this past Saturday, Disneyland will be practically empty. I didn't wait more than 30 minutes for anything (including the Matterhorn) and most lines were between 5 and 10 minutes(Mansion, Pirates, Big Thunder). I was the only one eating inside the Carnation Cafe for lunch and walked up and got a seat in the Horseshoe for the Billy show about 5 minutes before the show.


    It was a pretty awesome day. It's been a long time since I've seen Disneyland that empty.

  7. #307

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,581

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    I went yesterday, which was a Saturday and it looks like the 23rd is a Saturday too. Disneyland is expecting heavy crowds on the 17th (today) and the 24th. If next Saturday turns out anything like this past Saturday, Disneyland will be practically empty. I didn't wait more than 30 minutes for anything (including the Matterhorn) and most lines were between 5 and 10 minutes(Mansion, Pirates, Big Thunder). I was the only one eating inside the Carnation Cafe for lunch and walked up and got a seat in the Horseshoe for the Billy show about 5 minutes before the show.


    It was a pretty awesome day. It's been a long time since I've seen Disneyland that empty.
    that my friend is a good thing. you will get to enjoy it even more lol.

  8. #308

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Hey gang! We're planning a trip to our favorite place on earth on 9/4 9/5 9/6
    Is it late enough for the summer crouds to dissolve a little?
    Also what version (if any) of the HM do you think I'll experiance?

    Thanks for the help!!!

  9. #309

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Will the parks be busy on July 22 - 24?
    Thanks in advance!
    Also, can somebody recommend which days would be the best to visit the parks in July?

  10. #310

    • some assembly required
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    nowhere in particular...
    Posts
    687

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceofbass View Post
    Hey gang! We're planning a trip to our favorite place on earth on 9/4 9/5 9/6
    Is it late enough for the summer crouds to dissolve a little?
    Also what version (if any) of the HM do you think I'll experiance?

    Thanks for the help!!!
    Some of the crowds will have gone. Since it is after Laborday, the intense crowding will not be an issue esp since you will be there mid-week.
    The bad news is that you will most likely not see any version of HM. I seem to recall that it takes about two weeks (+/-) to install the HMH overlay. This overlay debuts on Sept 14 this year. Someone else, plz confirm the dates for the overlay instalation. At best, you may get to see the HM just before it closes before Halloweentime if they have sped up the process in recent years.

    There are rumors that Indy and BTMRR will both be going down sometime in the fall for refurbs. However, an educated guess on my part tells me that will be after your trip!

    Hope this helps some.
    ~Jay

    "Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)


  11. #311

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Some of the crowds will have gone. Since it is after Laborday, the intense crowding will not be an issue esp since you will be there mid-week.
    The bad news is that you will most likely not see any version of HM. I seem to recall that it takes about two weeks (+/-) to install the HMH overlay. This overlay debuts on Sept 14 this year. Someone else, plz confirm the dates for the overlay instalation. At best, you may get to see the HM just before it closes before Halloweentime if they have sped up the process in recent years.

    There are rumors that Indy and BTMRR will both be going down sometime in the fall for refurbs. However, an educated guess on my part tells me that will be after your trip!

    Hope this helps some.

    THANX for the help!! Can't wait to see BVS and Carsland... And hopefully the HM and Indy!

  12. #312

    • Under that tree again!
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,155

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by fudg3rz View Post
    Will the parks be busy on July 22 - 24?
    Thanks in advance!
    Also, can somebody recommend which days would be the best to visit the parks in July?
    Yes busy, not aweful. It would be better if you went a day later

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceofbass View Post
    THANX for the help!! Can't wait to see BVS and Carsland... And hopefully the HM and Indy!
    JMazz is correct HM will be closed to receive it's Holiday overlay. It takes about 3 weeks to put in place so likely it will close August 27th and reopen on the 14th. The other rumored rehabs may start earlier or later. It depends on how long a rehab takes, if it's long they may start early to be done for a target like Thanksgiving week, the start of the Holidays, the busy Christmas time, or even the busier 3rd week of October. We won't really know until any plans are firmed up.

    That week is nice to visit. Some moderate crowds, but nothing bad allow for possibily longer hours and more entertainment. Also the weather is really good. It may be part of Summer Season if DLR wants to extend it through that week.

  13. #313

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    swampmarsh,

    I am also thinking of going sometime in July. In your response to fudg3rz, are you saying to go July 23 -25, or are you saying July 25 - 27?

    What about the previous week, July 15 - 21?. I would have about four days there and want to just pick the best days possible (smallest crowds). I know that is a matter of prospective since the whole summer is busy.

  14. #314

    • RCMC: Java Junkie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Castro Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,800

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    ^Just a quick tip, always check any conventions and such that might be going on for dates that your looking at on the Anaheim Convention Center calendar.

    Also July 17th is Disneyland's birthday, so that may affect crowds a little as well. It usually does IF Disneyland is making a big to do about it, but I doubt they are this year.

  15. #315

    • Under that tree again!
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,155

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by waltyensid View Post
    swampmarsh,

    I am also thinking of going sometime in July. In your response to fudg3rz, are you saying to go July 23 -25, or are you saying July 25 - 27?

    What about the previous week, July 15 - 21?. I would have about four days there and want to just pick the best days possible (smallest crowds). I know that is a matter of prospective since the whole summer is busy.
    The 23-25th. This way you exchange the busier Sunday for the least busy day of the week, a Wednesday.

    It won't make much difference from one week to the other. The least busy 4 days will be Monday-Thursday in either week.

Similar Threads

  1. [News] When Will it Be Busy at Disneyland - 2009 Edition
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1389
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 05:16 AM
  2. [News] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2008?
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 605
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 05:35 PM
  3. [Question] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2009?
    By zip-d-dude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 04:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •