Page 24 of 88 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526273474 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

What would the differences be for Sunday August 12th, and Monday August 13th. Which day would be the better day to go?

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Make sure you use FP very well, make it a priority for all the attractions it's available on. The Joy of Fastpass
    May I suggest you read this thread backwards? Much of the first 60% of the thread is outdated. Actually, I would read the front page, then go right to the last page and work backwards, making a notation when anything changes. If you are anything like me, you will have taken written notes! LOL!

PS... Stormy, no. No fireworks during your visit, but WOC is a great substitue over at DCA!

---------- Post added 07-08-2012 at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Patman345 View Post
    What would the differences be for Sunday August 12th, and Monday August 13th. Which day would be the better day to go?

WOW! Tough one... I am getting conflicting info from various places on the web. Part of me says always take a Monday over a Sunday almost any time of the year... however, 2 apps say otherwise. A third one agrees with my logic.

With that said, the difference in the crowds is so small that one may not even notice.

If you are an early bird, go with a Sunday... I have been reading how many ppl sleep in (or church?) and they do not arrive until a bit later. Also, the park is open an hour later. Another issue (that you can avoid) is Monday morning rush-hour traffic.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

In addition to the comment above, I do have to agree that people are crazy lazy on Sunday mornings, and in my experience, just like JMazz said, people don't tend to come to the parks until early afternoon-ish. :D

• VA Member

Hey, I'm going be in CA next week (Sunday-Friday)! What would be my best day to go to DCA and beat the biggest crowds? Right now, I'm thinking of going Tuesday, but I could go any day of the week. Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by a.je76 View Post
    Hey, I'm going be in CA next week (Sunday-Friday)! What would be my best day to go to DCA and beat the biggest crowds? Right now, I'm thinking of going Tuesday, but I could go any day of the week. Thanks!
    That or Thursday. This way you aren't going when the Extra Magic Hours crowd is already in the park. By 9am the crowds will level out and there won't be a difference between the EMH days and the days around them.

• Disneyman

I'm taking my family to Disneyland from September 25-29th. I picked those dates because I was hoping by then a lot of the crowds will have died down (with school back in and Labor Day over). Plus, the Holiday overlays should be complete. I'm just hoping that Indiana Jones is open.

Anyone have a good idea of what crowds are really like around that time?
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    I'm taking my family to Disneyland from September 25-29th. I picked those dates because I was hoping by then a lot of the crowds will have died down (with school back in and Labor Day over). Plus, the Holiday overlays should be complete. I'm just hoping that Indiana Jones is open.

If you mean Halloween Overlays they will be complete for the 14th when the season starts.

Crowds will be good on the 25-27th. The first Halloween Party is the 28th and the parks particularily DL will become busy as the afternoon goes on and crushing in the early evening before the party start at 7pm. Between 5 and 7 a lot of non party guests will go to DCA and it will be busy. This first party sells out early and if you want to attend it's good to get the tickets before September. The 29th being a Saturday will be busy.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Does anyone know when next February's "Ski Week" will be for out of State schools? I know that that can bring in tourists like crazy. I also know that there is always a few different weeks for different states/districts but any info will help!

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Does anyone know when the "Holidays at the DLR" is starting this year. Disney's website doesn't have exact dates yet just the month of November and December. I thought last year it started around the 13th or so, which was just after the Veteran's Holiday weekend. Thanks for any help.

Was planning on being at the resort November 15th-18th but would change it to earlier if the decorations were up.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Does anyone know when the "Holidays at the DLR" is starting this year. Disney's website doesn't have exact dates yet just the month of November and December. I thought last year it started around the 13th or so, which was just after the Veteran's Holiday weekend. Thanks for any help.

Was planning on being at the resort November 15th-18th but would change it to earlier if the decorations were up.
    An unofficial source linked to DLR says this is their plan this year (and all future years until further notice).

Also, I was told that the overlays in the park (xmas decorations) are not 100% complete until just around thxgiving ...hopefuly someone can confirm this, like an APer who went multiple times between Vets Day and Thxgiving.

---------- Post added 07-12-2012 at 06:41 PM ----------

Take a look a few pages back and read fwd... I have info on these exact dates! I did so much research on this time period, I could probably tell you when the 10,000th kernel of pop-corn will pop!

Swampy gives sound advice (esp regarding the flow of guests from one park to another during the h'ween events).
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

•   

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    An unofficial source linked to DLR says this is their plan this year (and all future years until further notice).

Also, I was told that the overlays in the park (xmas decorations) are not 100% complete until just around thxgiving ...hopefuly someone can confirm this, like an APer who went multiple times between Vets Day and Thxgiving.
    I was there in 2010 on 11/12 and decorations were up. IN 2011 I was there on 11/19 and they were done then as well. I believe they were officially done by 11/14 last year though. I'll wait and see what Disney's website officially posts. Pretty sure they'll have that schedule out by the end of next month or early Sept.

Thanks for your help though.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Does anyone know when next February's "Ski Week" will be for out of State schools? I know that that can bring in tourists like crazy. I also know that there is always a few different weeks for different states/districts but any info will help!
    The are President's Day and the week of, the only busy week in February. It's weekend to weekend the 16th to 24th. The first weekend is busy, 10/10 the Monday the actual Holiday about a 8.5/10 then the weekdays when some school have off but most people go to work it settle to a 6.5/10 very releiving if you are there over the weekend. The end weekend is typcial busy weekend a 7.5/10.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post

It came out today to travel agents. November 12th to January 6th.

•   

It came out today to travel agents. November 12th to January 6th.
    AWESOME!!! Thanks dude.

• Disneyman

If you mean Halloween Overlays they will be complete for the 14th when the season starts.

Crowds will be good on the 25-27th. The first Halloween Party is the 28th and the parks particularily DL will become busy as the afternoon goes on and crushing in the early evening before the party start at 7pm. Between 5 and 7 a lot of non party guests will go to DCA and it will be busy. This first party sells out early and if you want to attend it's good to get the tickets before September. The 29th being a Saturday will be busy.
    Thanks swampy and JMazz. I'm a little disappointed that I'm going to be booted out of the park at 7 pm on the ONLY Friday (extended hours) that I'll be there. We only get to Disneyland once every couple of years if we're lucky. So am I to understand that they'll boot us out of Disneyland at 7 pm, but that California Adventure will still be open (possibly with extended hours to compensate for Disneyland's early closure)? Also, do you have any idea what the park hours will be like during this time (on the weekdays 25, 26, 27th of September)?

Any recommendations on how to make the most of this trip during this time?

(Still praying that Indy will be open, even if BTMRR is down )
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• Under that tree again!

I'm a little disappointed that I'm going to be booted out of the park at 7 pm on the ONLY Friday (extended hours) that I'll be there. ...... So am I to understand that they'll boot us out of Disneyland at 7 pm, but that California Adventure will still be open (possibly with extended hours to compensate for Disneyland's early closure)? Also, do you have any idea what the park hours will be like during this time (on the weekdays 25, 26, 27th of September)?
    It is unfortunate that you won't get a night in DL. This means no chance at Fireworks and F! since they are weekend only. That's the way the cookies crumble. Of course you might consider going to Mickey's Halloween Party, if you haven't been it's a lot of fun. If you haven't you may just want a party ticket for your last day, you can use it to get into DL at 4pm, at 7pm the regular guest leave and you can stay until 12pm. The party is a good time to ride rides, while most guests stand around the hub for the parade and fireworks, and trick or treating. Although I would plan to see the wonderful Halloween Scream Fireworks.

While in the past DCA would only be open to 10pm a Friday, as its long hours where 10-10, now that it has 8-11, it may be open until 11pm. While DCA will be very crowded I would go over between 5pm and 7pm with FPs in hand. When it opens which may not be as early as 8am but 9am, be in line for the rope drop, go strait to get a RSR FP, then a WoC FP, come back or stay in DCA to get a ToT and or Soaring FP two hours after the RSR FP. This way at night with the crowds you will have things planned to do, instead of wandering through crowds and finding short lines as most guests do.

Hours for the weekdays.
    DL 9am or 10am open and 8pm or 10pm close. Probably 10-8.
    DCA 9am or 10am open and 8pm or 10pm close. Probably 10-8.
    On Friday.
    DL 8am or 9am open with the 7pm close. Probably 8-7.
    DCA 8am or 9am open with a 10pm close. Probably 8-10.
    These hours area mix of official data and my interpretation. Because of changing crowd patters these estimates could be off by myself and Disney, and will change. In a couple weeks we should see what the official calander has in September after Labor Day week. Park Hours & Calendar | Disneyland Resort