Page 25 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728355075 ... LastLast

• Disneyman

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It is unfortunate that you won't get a night in DL. This means no chance at Fireworks and F! since they are weekend only. That's the way the cookies crumble. Of course you might consider going to Mickey's Halloween Party, if you haven't been it's a lot of fun. If you haven't you may just want a party ticket for your last day, you can use it to get into DL at 4pm, at 7pm the regular guest leave and you can stay until 12pm. The party is a good time to ride rides, while most guests stand around the hub for the parade and fireworks, and trick or treating. Although I would plan to see the wonderful Halloween Scream Fireworks.

While in the past DCA would only be open to 10pm a Friday, as its long hours where 10-10, now that it has 8-11, it may be open until 11pm. While DCA will be very crowded I would go over between 5pm and 7pm with FPs in hand. When it opens which may not be as early as 8am but 9am, be in line for the rope drop, go strait to get a RSR FP, then a WoC FP, come back or stay in DCA to get a ToT and or Soaring FP two hours after the RSR FP. This way at night with the crowds you will have things planned to do, instead of wandering through crowds and finding short lines as most guests do.

Hours for the weekdays.
    DL 9am or 10am open and 8pm or 10pm close. Probably 10-8.
    DCA 9am or 10am open and 8pm or 10pm close. Probably 10-8.
    On Friday.
    DL 8am or 9am open with the 7pm close. Probably 8-7.
    DCA 8am or 9am open with a 10pm close. Probably 8-10.
    These hours area mix of official data and my interpretation. Because of changing crowd patters these estimates could be off by myself and Disney, and will change. In a couple weeks we should see what the official calander has in September after Labor Day week. Park Hours & Calendar | Disneyland Resort
    Wow, thanks for the info! I'll do my best to work the system right. Perhaps I'll be able to convince my wife to go on Saturday, and skip Friday. We'll see.

Thanks, again!
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

OK, this is strange. I was looking at the DL calendar. All summer, it has been open 8AM-Midnight. Suddenly, Aug. 13-17 they close at 11:00. Everything after those days has it closing at Midnight again. Of course, that is the week we are going to be there. Anyone have any ideas why the sudden change for one week?

i didnt read the entire thread, so forgive me if this was already posted, but, does anyone know what will be closed august 20-26? and what to expect as far as crowds. i imagine itll be crowded as hell.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefyouth View Post
    OK, this is strange. I was looking at the DL calendar. All summer, it has been open 8AM-Midnight. Suddenly, Aug. 13-17 they close at 11:00. Everything after those days has it closing at Midnight again. Of course, that is the week we are going to be there. Anyone have any ideas why the sudden change for one week?
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertCuteNameHere View Post
    i didnt read the entire thread, so forgive me if this was already posted, but, does anyone know what will be closed august 20-26? and what to expect as far as crowds. i imagine itll be crowded as hell.
    That is the week AP Summer Block Outs end. It should be very busy hence the full park hours. I wouldn't expect anything to close that week, rehabs should begin the next week.

According to the calendar, APs are all open starting the 20th. That doesn't really explain the shorter hours the week before.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    Thanks swampy and JMazz. I'm a little disappointed that I'm going to be booted out of the park at 7 pm on the ONLY Friday (extended hours) that I'll be there. We only get to Disneyland once every couple of years if we're lucky. So am I to understand that they'll boot us out of Disneyland at 7 pm, but that California Adventure will still be open (possibly with extended hours to compensate for Disneyland's early closure)? Also, do you have any idea what the park hours will be like during this time (on the weekdays 25, 26, 27th of September)?

Any recommendations on how to make the most of this trip during this time?

(Still praying that Indy will be open, even if BTMRR is down )
    I highly reccomend the H'weentime event. The tix go on sale this coming Monday @ Disneyland.com (click seasonal events at the bottom and find your way to the proper date). They are only $54 per person (all ages 3 and up) if you buy themn online. This date is the second fastest to sell out (behind Oct 31st).

Because they will let us in early (4pm), I am not even buying a parkhopper for this day as it is my last day. It will be my 3rd or 4th day at the park (haven't decided if I will be going up the street to Knott's yet)... I cannot wait to go, and this event will cap off my DLR trip quite well.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

JMazz I would advise going to Knott's Scary Farm this year. Finally the Green Witch is back to terrorize. This year something new maze called "Trapped" you have to make advanced reservations for it when tickets go on sale because it is an extra charge BUT it is groups of up to 6 per reservation and it is an interactive maze. You must be 17+ and you have to sign a waiver. I've heard it could take you 20-30 minutes to go thru the maze. I'm dying to experience this and keep checking for when reservations start. I LOVE to be scared. We shall see if this maze makes me cry. Usually I am very brave but so far only one maze has ever made me cry and that was at Coffin Creek

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    I highly reccomend the H'weentime event. The tix go on sale this coming Monday @ Disneyland.com (click seasonal events at the bottom and find your way to the proper date). They are only $54 per person (all ages 3 and up) if you buy themn online. This date is the second fastest to sell out (behind Oct 31st).

Because they will let us in early (4pm), I am not even buying a parkhopper for this day as it is my last day. It will be my 3rd or 4th day at the park (haven't decided if I will be going up the street to Knott's yet)... I cannot wait to go, and this event will cap off my DLR trip quite well.
    Sounds like fun, but I already purchased our 4 day Park-Hopper tickets and I'm not about to cough up another $55 per person in my family to Disney so that we can enjoy the hours at Disneyland that we already paid for.
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by madmonkeygirl View Post
    JMazz I would advise going to Knott's Scary Farm this year. Finally the Green Witch is back to terrorize. This year something new maze called "Trapped" you have to make advanced reservations for it when tickets go on sale because it is an extra charge BUT it is groups of up to 6 per reservation and it is an interactive maze. You must be 17+ and you have to sign a waiver. I've heard it could take you 20-30 minutes to go thru the maze. I'm dying to experience this and keep checking for when reservations start. I LOVE to be scared. We shall see if this maze makes me cry. Usually I am very brave but so far only one maze has ever made me cry and that was at Coffin Creek

I am considering this!
    Its gunna be either...
    3 day park hopper + h'weentime event
    2 day park hopper + Knotts event + H'weentime event

I have to "discuss" this with my party (LOL, and by "discuss", I mean persuade)

My days are limited and some days are set in stone for seeing friends etc.
    ~Jay

(Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Minion

Blog Entries

How about Aug 5th or 6th. We need to make a day trip before our last day on our tickets expire AND before the kids are back in school.

JMazz you won't be disappointed at all by Knott's Scary Farm. I usually manage a trip with Mice Chat and then tradition is to go on Halloweeen night. Recent years we've been going more than twice BUT with Universal Halloween Horror Nights and other Halloween events around town we've scaled down. In recent years I've put Universal over Knott's as Halloween king but I'm hoping this year Knott's knocks it ut of the park. We shall see from the sound of things they just might this year.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    How about Aug 5th or 6th. We need to make a day trip before our last day on our tickets expire AND before the kids are back in school.
    Taken from post #347 (as it applies to your question too):

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    WOW! Tough one... I am getting conflicting info from various places on the web. Part of me says always take a Monday over a Sunday almost any time of the year... however, 2 apps say otherwise. A third one agrees with my logic.

With that said, the difference in the crowds is so small that one may not even notice.

If you are an early bird, go with a Sunday... I have been reading how many ppl sleep in (or church?) and they do not arrive until a bit later. Also, the park is open an hour later. Another issue (that you can avoid) is Monday morning rush-hour traffic.
    The concensus is that there seems to be more "pros" for Sunday (August 5th). The crowds are insane both days, but there is more time at the park on Sunday w/ the extra hour, and there are better traffic patterns in the park with the other guests and better traffic on the freeways getting to the park.

---------- Post added 07-16-2012 at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by madmonkeygirl View Post
    JMazz you won't be disappointed at all by Knott's Scary Farm. I usually manage a trip with Mice Chat and then tradition is to go on Halloweeen night. Recent years we've been going more than twice BUT with Universal Halloween Horror Nights and other Halloween events around town we've scaled down. In recent years I've put Universal over Knott's as Halloween king but I'm hoping this year Knott's knocks it ut of the park. We shall see from the sound of things they just might this year.
    The persuasion has begun with a simple email... muhahahahaha!
    ~Jay

(Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Dave

Blog Entries

Not sure, but I just changed our date to March 2013, and so I would sicouage anyone from going. I plan on going without a shower for two weeks. So I will be very stinky!
    Dave

• Avid MC reader since 2005

My kids have fall break Sept. 28 - Oct. 7. We were considering a visit to Disneyland sometime during those dates. I emailed Hojo and they said they are practically booked because of a dance team from Australia. Does this mean there is a big dance convention during this time? Is this not a good time to go?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    My kids have fall break Sept. 28 - Oct. 7. We were considering a visit to Disneyland sometime during those dates. I emailed Hojo and they said they are practically booked because of a dance team from Australia. Does this mean there is a big dance convention during this time? Is this not a good time to go?

This Australia group is not related to any large Anaheim function.

It's a fine time to vist. Friday the 28th will be busy later in the day because of Mickey's Halloween Party Guests arriving. In the evening it will be crushing and DCA will get very busy. Saturday and Sunday will be busy which is normal. Tuesday will have a busy evening as well since it hosts another Halloween Party but DCA won't get as bad as on Friday. Again Friday the 5th will get bad and probably a little worse. You will end on a 3 day weekend for many which will make the crowds a bit worse than the weekend before. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday will have light crowds.