Page 27 of 88 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829303777 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    I really would like to see this proof so that I can "shove" it in someone's face ...someone in my party who thinks DLR will be a mess during the last weekdays of Sept. So far, he is disbelieving all of my other research.
    Thx, Swampy!
    You can find the 10-8 hour listed on the dl.com site. I'll try to add a link later. It has shown 10-8 on the 4th through 6th. I couldn't get the calendar to load last night, but now here's a link to a midweek day with the 10-8 hours. http://disneyland.disney.go.com/cale...ult/2012/09/06
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 07-28-2012 at 10:06 AM.

• Life is Good

Thanks, Swampy! Exactly what I was hoping for
    Last edited by Swisskapolka; 07-27-2012 at 07:58 PM.

We're planning to visit DCA Friday August 10. Any advice on crowd would be appreciated.

-W

• some assembly required

Thx Swampy!!!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by wingsdomain View Post
    We're planning to visit DCA Friday August 10. Any advice on crowd would be appreciated.
    Welcome to MiceChat.

Since it's a Friday crowds will increase as the day goes on. Collect FastPasses during the day to use later.

Haven't had time to read through all the messages, but we will be arriving at the Grand Californian Hotel on Saturday afternoon, September 8th. We will have all day Sunday, Monday, Tuesday to spend at DL and DCA, before we head to the airport early Wednesday afternoon. Do you think the crowds will be lower since school is back in session?

Which day(s) should we do early entry to DCA? We really are looking forward to CarsLand, but have heard how busy they are. Any ideas to help us plan?

We'll probably watch the fireworks on Saturday night, Fantasmic on Sunday night and WOC on Monday night. We really could use some suggestions on the best way to see WOC --grandma & grandpa can't stand for long periods of time.

Thanks so much for any suggestions or help you can give us!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by brunolvr View Post
    Haven't had time to read through all the messages, but we will be arriving at the Grand Californian Hotel on Saturday afternoon, September 8th. We will have all day Sunday, Monday, Tuesday to spend at DL and DCA, before we head to the airport early Wednesday afternoon. Do you think the crowds will be lower since school is back in session?

Which day(s) should we do early entry to DCA? We really are looking forward to CarsLand, but have heard how busy they are. Any ideas to help us plan?

We'll probably watch the fireworks on Saturday night, Fantasmic on Sunday night and WOC on Monday night. We really could use some suggestions on the best way to see WOC --grandma & grandpa can't stand for long periods of time.
    The weekend will be busy, the weekdays slow. On the weekend make your priority the night shows that don't run during the week. Ride Space Mountain because it will be closed during the week.

Use you EMH days on the weekend in DCA, Monday in DL. Tuesday back in DCA. You will want more in DCA to get into Carsland with low crowds.

Get a Guest Assistance Card at guest services in either park for the grandparents. Enter WoC normally and present the card to a CM and they will direct you. It will probably be suggested they get a wheelchair, have you considered that?

Thanks so much for your advice, Swampymarch! I appreciate your input. One other question perhaps you could help us with. We really want to see Mickey's Soundsational Parade on either Saturday or Sunday. Any idea of which day might be better? how early do we need to be to get a good spot to stand or sit? and is there a "best place" to watch it?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by brunolvr View Post
    Thanks so much for your advice, Swampymarch! I appreciate your input. One other question perhaps you could help us with. We really want to see Mickey's Soundsational Parade on either Saturday or Sunday. Any idea of which day might be better? how early do we need to be to get a good spot to stand or sit? and is there a "best place" to watch it?
    Either day is fine either parade. Usually people wait the earliest along Main Street USA, on the shady west side then the east side. Then they fill in along the Hub. It's easy to watch in Small World Plaza, the area near Small World, showing up 10 minutes ahead of time. Remember 10 minutes ahead of time is 3:50 for the first parade, and 6:30 for the second parade that comes from Town Square.

• Minion

With the SoCal APs getting unblocked the week of the 20th of this month, will there be any day that week that is relatively okay? I'm going with a SoCal AP holder in major withdrawal and I wanted to know if we should attempt to beat the crowds or just suck it up and wait another week.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    With the SoCal APs getting unblocked the week of the 20th of this month, will there be any day that week that is relatively okay? I'm going with a SoCal AP holder in major withdrawal and I wanted to know if we should attempt to beat the crowds or just suck it up and wait another week.

I imagine it will have a surge on Monday, something like a 3 day weekend that some will take to make thier unblocked trip happen. Friday will be really bad. I'd aim for Wednesday the middle of the week when less people are likely to take a day off to go to the parks.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I imagine it will have a surge on Monday, something like a 3 day weekend that some will take to make thier unblocked trip happen. Friday will be really bad. I'd aim for Wednesday the middle of the week when less people are likely to take a day off to go to the parks.
    Perfect! My friend messaged me almost immediately after I posted what I did and she asked if we could go on Wednesday. Here's to hoping you're totally right!

My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary at the parks October 10-14, 2012. I know that the weekend before we get there is Columbus Day and Gay Days and Sunday the 14th is the CHOC walk. Do you think it will be very busy when we are there? What will the average wait time be?

Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyShea3 View Post
    My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary at the parks October 10-14, 2012. I know that the weekend before we get there is Columbus Day and Gay Days and Sunday the 14th is the CHOC walk. Do you think it will be very busy when we are there? What will the average wait time be?

The CHOC Walk does not make the parks any busier. Particpants do not get to go to Disneyland as part of the event, can only opt to buy tickets. It can make driving and parking more difficult in the morning.

Wednesday and Thursday the 10th and 11th will be quiet, short 5-30 minute waits. Friday will start the same but in the afternoon waits will increase to 10-60 minutes. In the evening it will be very busy. Saturday and Sunday will be normally busy with 15-60 minute waits.

I will be in Disneyland from 25th - 30th August. My question is not how busy it will be but why Fantasmic is cut from the weekdays? I'm there from Saturday till Thursday and there are no Fantasmic shows from Monday - Thursday in that week.

Does anyone know why? Or if they will be added later?!