Page 28 of 100 FirstFirst ... 31825262728293031385378 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by croboy82 View Post
    I will be in Disneyland from 25th - 30th August. My question is not how busy it will be but why Fantasmic is cut from the weekdays? I'm there from Saturday till Thursday and there are no Fantasmic shows from Monday - Thursday in that week.

Does anyone know why? Or if they will be added later?!
    Because a lot of school will have restarted the crowds will be dying down. It will be moderatly crowded but not enough to warrant long hours and full entertainment.

• Disney Obsessed

How does the weekend of September 28th, 29th and 30th look? I'm worried it's going to be summer busy with AP's going to see Carsland...

We are crazy....

And visiting DL Dec 27 and 28.... What can I expect? And does anyone have any tips?

• Under that tree again!

Re: We are crazy....

Quote Originally Posted by mckatej View Post
    And visiting DL Dec 27 and 28.... What can I expect? And does anyone have any tips?
    It's terribly busy. Expect to be walking with people not further than 12 inches from you most of the time. It's really going to be that bad. Be at the gates 30 minutes early, don't plan to leave because the parks may reach capacity, it's not as likely as in the past but could happen. Plan to stay until it closes. Going early and staying late means you will be there during the least busy times of day.

Eat at off hours, because even the lines for food and tables will get crazy. See the shows like a Tough to be a Bug and Captain EO as examples, in the middle of the day.

Know how to use FastPass. Read the first post in this link. The Joy of Fastpass

Just before you go find out what the FastPass situation is, and how Early Admission is working. These things can change.

Quote Originally Posted by CSei2011 View Post
    How does the weekend of September 28th, 29th and 30th look? I'm worried it's going to be summer busy with AP's going to see Carsland...
    Usually weekends in the offseason are like the Summer. Watch out on Friday the 28th that is the first Mickey's Halloween Party of the season. If you are attending that's great. If not it would be good to see World of Color on that evening. The reason is at 5pm it will get crazy busy as party guests arrive, and at 7pm Disneyland Park will close and a huge amount of people will go over to Disney California Adventure. So that park will be very busy from 5pm to close.

• Minion

Re: We are crazy....

Quote Originally Posted by mckatej View Post
    unfortunately those are the most jam packed days of the year. The park has the chance of reaching capacity so it is important to have passes beforehand so you can be let in. Expect lines for popular attractions like Indy, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion Holiday, etc. to be at least 60 minutes. Like swampymarsh said the good things to see in the middle of the day are 3D shows. I would also recommend Winnie the Pooh and Little Mermaid ride during that time as their lines shouldn't be too long. I would get there early, and utilize the Fastpass system to the best of your ability.

• some assembly required

And I would like to add (re: FP thread)...

Save time and read the OP in that thread and then read the thread backwards. The info changes alot and the most recent details can be found on the later pages. Otherwise you are sifting thru info that is very outdated and quite confusing, esp if you are trying to take notes or commit to memory only to find out it changed again... and then again. ...and once again, and changed one more time just for good measure!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

What has the trend been in the week before Columbus day and gay days? We are planning a trip for the first week of October.

• Quality not quantity

I'm planning a day trip for Saturday Sept 1st (labor day weekend). I don't even have to ask if it will be busy. I know the answer to that one....

What I would like to get a sense of is how far ahead of park opening do the lines start forming at DCA? On that Saturday DCA opens at 9:00am with no early entry.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Order66 View Post
    What has the trend been in the week before Columbus day and gay days? We are planning a trip for the first week of October.
    It pretty good, except for the evenings of the Halloween Parties when it's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    I'm planning a day trip for Saturday Sept 1st (labor day weekend). I don't even have to ask if it will be busy. I know the answer to that one....

What I would like to get a sense of is how far ahead of park opening do the lines start forming at DCA? On that Saturday DCA opens at 9:00am with no early entry.
    About 30-45 minutes early. There is a race that morning which ends in Carsland, that is why no early admission. Since this event is new I'm not sure how it will work out, but I'm guessing no rope drop either. All of the runners will have to exit the park and since there could be some overlap I don't think therewill be a rope drop. This may mean more people in line at the gates and earlier than normal. It could mean more people go to Disneyland and less to DCA making a shorter line.

• DLR Softie

Looking for least crowded weekday between now and when the HM goes down for it's overlay..

Thanks!
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by HM 339 View Post
    Looking for least crowded weekday between now and when the HM goes down for it's overlay..

Thanks!
    It will probably be Wednesday the 15th.

Talking Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Has anyone been to the Halloween Party? I have a 2 year old and we would like to take him, but if it is CRAZY I don't know if he would be that thrilled. I have looked on line and there is soooo little information about it. We were looking at the 10/16, so kinda in the middle. Any help or input would be great!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by AzSuziGirl View Post
    Has anyone been to the Halloween Party? I have a 2 year old and we would like to take him, but if it is CRAZY I don't know if he would be that thrilled. I have looked on line and there is soooo little information about it. We were looking at the 10/16, so kinda in the middle. Any help or input would be great!
    I've taken a 3 year old but not a 2 year old, because at 2 it's not a big deal. At 3 they really enjoy wearing a costumes, getting candy and enjoy the parade, fireworks and characters in cotumes more.

All of the parties are busy with some areas crazy and some not. Some of the craziness is with the parade and fireworks, which are unique to the party and major reason to attend them. Because of them being so special people wait for the best viewing seriously early. Some will get to the parade route on the Hub and Main Street over an hour early, it can be impossible to squeeze in 30 minutes early because it fills up so early. Then right after the parade everyone stays put and fill in that parade route to wait for the Halloween Screams the firework show. They spend about 3 hours holding spots and watching two shows, out of the 5 hour party.

Some treat stations have big crowds around them, some towards the far ends of the parks have small crowd.

Does your 2yo do well with fireworks? How about visiting characters? Otherwise the party isn't scary, but the crowds can be.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Does your 2yo do well with fireworks? How about visiting characters? Otherwise the party isn't scary, but the crowds can be.
    He does good with fireworks, but I don't know about the characters...Something to think about! Thank you for your advise.

What do you all thin about the first week or so of November, like between Thursday the 1st and Thursday the 8th. I would most likely go from Saturday the 3rd through Wednesday the 7th or Thursday the 8th. I'd try to be done before the Veteran's Day weekend starts. How is that time frame usually?