Page 29 of 89 FirstFirst ... 41926272829303132395479 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Thank you very much for the advice!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by R2DY View Post
    What do you all thin about the first week or so of November, like between Thursday the 1st and Thursday the 8th. I would most likely go from Saturday the 3rd through Wednesday the 7th or Thursday the 8th. I'd try to be done before the Veteran's Day weekend starts. How is that time frame usually?
    Other than the slower than typical weekend it's Super Dead.

The problems with that time are, no fireworks on that weekend as they set up the Christmas Show. Small World is down recieving its Holiay Overlay. Space will be down on the 1st and maybe 2nd to remove its Halloween Overlay. Other closures are likely in that offseason period.

Going a week later will be a little busier but allow you to expereince the Holiday Season.

^ Thank you swampymarsh! So, since I'm not a big fireworks person it seems like that would be a great time. It's looking like Small World may be the only thing down, knock on wood.

Will Fantasmic! and WoC be running? If so, I think I'm sold on that time frame.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by R2DY View Post
    ^ Thank you swampymarsh! So, since I'm not a big fireworks person it seems like that would be a great time. It's looking like Small World may be the only thing down, knock on wood.

Will Fantasmic! and WoC be running? If so, I think I'm sold on that time frame.
    F! and WoC should run, The no fireworks is purely because of the switch to the Holiday Fireworks, not because of rehabs that could effect the other night shows. Like I said it's likely other rehabs will take place. That's the trade off for the low crowds. Remember DLR has almost a hundred attractions so if some are closed there is much more to enjoy.

Hi, I'm torn between visiting DLR this coming Saturday 8/18 or next Tuesday 8/21. With no annual pass restrictions, will Tuesday this late in August still be more crowded than Saturday? We'll be going to both parks and attempting to get early Radiator Spring fast passes like everyone else I'm sure.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by dancefreak View Post
    Hi, I'm torn between visiting DLR this coming Saturday 8/18 or next Tuesday 8/21. With no annual pass restrictions, will Tuesday this late in August still be more crowded than Saturday? We'll be going to both parks and attempting to get early Radiator Spring fast passes like everyone else I'm sure.
    It may very well be much worse on Tuesday, especially for RSR FPs because of those blocked SoCal APs being able to do thier AP Early Entry again. It's going to be a gamble, I'd choose based on what works best for you. Then plan for huge crowds and be happy if it's better than your expectations.

• I HAVE A HIDDEN MICKEY

So it looks like I'll be able to sneak out to Anaheim in the middle of September...

What do you all think about 9/17 - 19? Touring plans looks to have a slow week at DL and a moderate few days for DCA.

Thoughts?
    Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

I've learned not to trust Touring Plans' information in a post-Cars Land world.

how are we looking for oct 1 to oct 5

• Under that tree again!

[QUOTE=blondiethesounds;1056821573]
    What do you all think about 9/17 - 19?QUOTE]

Great time to go for low crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by mousedaddy View Post
    how are we looking for oct 1 to oct 5
    Good time to go for low crowds. The reason it's not great is because of the two Halloween Parties that make it a very busy evening and night.

The pitfall of these midweek times in September and October is no Fantasmic or fireworks are shown midweek and the hours are short. Of course in October you can go to Mickey's Halloween Party and see some fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by blondiethesounds View Post
    So it looks like I'll be able to sneak out to Anaheim in the middle of September...

What do you all think about 9/17 - 19? Touring plans looks to have a slow week at DL and a moderate few days for DCA.

Thoughts?
    I'll be there the 18th
    Should be the best it's going to get (crowd-wise anyway)

• I HAVE A HIDDEN MICKEY

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Wifey View Post
    Should be the best it's going to get (crowd-wise anyway)
    That's the plan.

Thanks guys.......
    Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

Hi all,
    Just drove back from D-land today. Saturday (8/11) and Sunday (8/12) were beautiful! Very light crowds. Then it got quite busy on Monday and Tuesday. I just thought it was very weird that the weekend was so nice and light, only to get busy on Mon/Tues!

In general, I think CL and BVS have drawn a lot of crowds from Disneyland, which I like! I think it evens out the crowds nicely. Waits were very moderate the whole trip: 10-30 mins for most rides; indiana was 60 and RSR was of course 2-3 hours but it was a nice "moderately busy" crowd the whole trip.

I couldn't get a fast pass to RSR the whole trip. The line just for the fastpass snaked around into hollywood and wound around...fastpasses gone for the entire day by 8:30 am most days. And I'm sorry...it looks fun, but I'm not waiting 2 hours. Especially since its so nice just walking around CL and you can see RSR really well from the viewing area!

Loved my trip! Can't wait to go back in November! Yay season passes, woohoo

Hi everyone. I need some advice about going to the parks in December. We were originally planning on being in Southern California from Dec 1st until the 8th. However with recently finding out the Indiana Jones will be closed for referbishment until the 7th I am now looking into delaying the trip an extra week.

So the new trip dates I'm looking at is Dec 8th-15th. We have gone the first week of december before and had a great time. How does the 2nd week of December compare to the 1st? Will we still beat the Holiday crowds? If crowds will be much worse then I will stick with our original plans.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Teknik_DC2 View Post
    So the new trip dates I'm looking at is Dec 8th-15th. We have gone the first week of december before and had a great time. How does the 2nd week of December compare to the 1st? Will we still beat the Holiday crowds? If crowds will be much worse then I will stick with our original plans.
    It's not bad. December gets worse as it goes on. If it was a strait 4 week month it would looks like this.

1st week, awesome low crowds.
    2nd week not bad just few big crowds.
    3rd week it busy to very busy
    4th weeek, OMG it's insanely crowded.

Keep in mind the weekend are always busy, and in December very busy, except that last week where it's as busy as it possibly can be so the weekend is just like the weekdays. When the glass is full you can't add anymore to it.