Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 123456132853 ... LastLast

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

We are actually thinking of flying in to attend the One More Day. I hope it isn't awful because my Dad wants to join us! :-/
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

• Peoplemover

I'm currently planning a trip to September. I have a pretty good idea of which weeks would be a good to pick days from, but I was wondering if someone could tell me when refurbishment schedules will be up and what date this year they estimate the Haunted Mansion Holiday & Ghost Galaxy overlays to be complete. Last year it was September 15th, should I expect September 13th or September 20th?

We are going Feb 6-10. Any ideas or info on crowds that week?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by rct247 View Post
    Last year it was September 15th, should I expect September 13th or September 20th?
    It's hard to tell if they will push it forward giving them less time between Summer and the start of Halloween or let it start later. That is the start of the Halloween Season when those two attractions reopen with thier overlays. The date it starts will probably be out in June when AP holders get the announcement of Mickey's Halloween Party dates and chance to buy tickets before July when there is a general announcement. Historically parties haven't start until the Friday of the weekend containing October 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by jvehon View Post
    We are going Feb 6-10. Any ideas or info on crowds that week?
    Very slow crowd wise. There is a strange anomaly on the 7th. DL closes at 6 pm, most likely for a private event. This may be a hard close when right away everything shuts down, unlike most days when Main Street shops and dining locations stay open an extra hour. It also may cause guests to shift to DCA since it's open until 8pm. Still on very low crowd days this should not be a problem.

Keep in mind the Fireworks will only be available on your last day and Fantasmic is not running over that week.

Where can we find when it rains in Disneyland? I'm really considering going on those days.

I'm booked May 5 - May 10. I imagined (hoped) that that was before high schools let out. Is that true? I know the weekend will be a bit busy since it's beginning to near the summer season, but what can I expect? Thanks so much!

I’m going tomorrow (1/23/12) – my first rainy day… I have the FP system down, so I’m not sure a rainy day will be any better with regards to the lines – especially since some of our favorites will likely be closed - but at least I can cross “Disneyland on a Rainy Day” off my bucket list!

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Hmm, you'll love it! We were there Friday and Saturday and the park crowds were very light! It was really wonderful and allowed us to ride everything we wanted with time to ride things multiple times.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DevTitanwood View Post
    Where can we find when it rains in Disneyland? I'm really considering going on those days.
    If you really want a rainy day you have to be able to go on short notice. While January and February are wet months for Anaheim, it's never a truly wet place. You just have to check a 5-10 forecast and hope you hit it right since in these two months there are on average only 6 rainy days in each.

Quote Originally Posted by bkroz View Post
    I'm booked May 5 - May 10. I imagined (hoped) that that was before high schools let out. Is that true? I know the weekend will be a bit busy since it's beginning to near the summer season, but what can I expect? Thanks so much!
    Crowdwise it's a great time to go and the weather is usually pleasant too. On the start of your trip it is Bat Days when people come dressed in black, it doesn't impact crowds much and it's a weekend anyway. On the 6th is also the Orange County Aids Walk, done in the parks before park opening. Though it doesn't add a lot of crowds itself only some of them also go to the parks, it may delay opening an hour to 9am.

On the 10th is the first grad nite. This will make for a busy evening, but while the parks would normally close at 8pm on that night, it's likely to be open later since the party doesn't start until 11pm.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Very slow crowd wise. There is a strange anomaly on the 7th. DL closes at 6 pm, most likely for a private event. This may be a hard close when right away everything shuts down, unlike most days when Main Street shops and dining locations stay open an extra hour. It also may cause guests to shift to DCA since it's open until 8pm. Still on very low crowd days this should not be a problem.

Keep in mind the Fireworks will only be available on your last day and Fantasmic is not running over that week.
    Thank you very much. We are gonna hit Knotts on Tuesday anyway so that won't be a problem. Just wanted to make sure it was gonna be slow while we are there. It's nice to not have to huge crowds sometimes.

I'm assuming that there will be huge spikes in visitation around the opening of Carsland, and the other new stuff...are there any dates set for those yet?

Also, I seem to remember reading that attendance has been a bit lower in the summer because the AP's are blocked out. Is that true? Roughly how much lower? And, with everything opening up this summer, would it stand to be true this summer?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Momma Stitch View Post
    I'm assuming that there will be huge spikes in visitation around the opening of Carsland, and the other new stuff...are there any dates set for those yet?
    There is not a specific date for when Carsland will open. Probably in June if Carsland is open, on the weekdays when APs are NOT blocked it will be extra busy. When Carsland officially opens it could be very busy in DCA with some overflow into DL.

If there are many soft openings, it's possible that many guest could ride early and this would smooth the official opening greatly. How this works out we won't know until it's happening.

Also, I seem to remember reading that attendance has been a bit lower in the summer because the AP's are blocked out. Is that true? Roughly how much lower? And, with everything opening up this summer, would it stand to be true this summer?
    It's not slower enough to matter. It's still busy all Summer and this Summer is likely to be busier than years past.

• Just a puppet on a string

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    29th.

It's hard to tell since there hasn't been anything like this with so many SoCal APs living nearby.

I'd guess that Disney has to make the day special. If it were simply 24 hrs, big deal, DL has had it before, it's in the middle of the work week, schools in session.

1,000 diehard show up at 6am to be there at the opening. 200 leave to go to work having been there. At 8am regular guest show up. Small crowds all morning. Some half day people show up around noon. Still small crowds. Mid afternoon actual crowds show up. Lot of after work people in the evening, like Mickey's Halloween Party nights. Trails off a bit at 10pm as people need to get off for work. 12am trails off fast. 2am only the hardcore DL fans are left. Keep staffing appropriate for small crowds and operate like MM 6 am to 8am and 12am to 6am.

Hopefully they "WoW" us with more reason to attend.

To make it a special event. Add a pancake breakfast down mainstreet from 6am to 8am. Extra parades during the day, big character events. Have F! back to run a couple shows at 8 and 10 maybe 12 too. Run Soundsational again at night. RDCT and a special firework show at 9 and 12-2am. Late night pancake breakfast on mainstreet from 2am to 6am. Bands/DJs late night in various spots to keep the energy up.
    Great info, swampymarsh, including your take on it. We're going for that and we are really, really excited for it. It's been over 5 years since we've been and I don't know who's more pumped, the adults or the kids!

It's probably a very close tie...

I'm really looking forward to catching the sunrise, pretty sure I may get all verklempt and I find that yet another reason to be stoked about. Yay! and thanks~

"Think of a wonderful thought!"

"Any happy little thought?"

Freedom is a word I rarely use without thinking.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

I went by the somewhat outdated graph at http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/atend.htm and when Disney were offering cheaper room rates at the Grand Cali, then booked 18-25 April 2012.

I now see from some posts above that spring break extends to the end of April. Did I make a boo boo? How busy has the resort traditionally been at this time?

Not that it'll make much difference, I'm locked in to those dates now.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

We are goning on Feb 17th-22nd. I know is a holiday weekend. So, is it really much crowded??

Any strategy for these days?

If you can dream it, you can Do it - Walt Disney

Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 123456132853 ... LastLast