Page 31 of 88 FirstFirst ... 21282930313233344181 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

I am going to be going to Disneyland/DCA on September 7th & 8th, because it is the weekend after labor day are crowds expected to be low?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
    I am going to be going to Disneyland/DCA on September 7th & 8th, because it is the weekend after labor day are crowds expected to be low?
    Not low, busy but not bad. Friday morning will be nice, but get busy in the evening. Saturday busy all day.

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    My November calendar is getting a little busy and unpredictable, but we have to get down to activate our APs before the end of the year.

I'm tempted to drive down this Friday night, 8/24 and come home 8/26 or 27. TouringPlans has all 5s through the weekend, and a 4 on Monday. Dateline Disneyland showed very reasonable wait times for last Saturday and the weather forecast looks good.
    We just got home a couple hours ago. Saturday was very pleasant, Sunday was much busier, and this morning was a lot like Saturday. Touring Plans had them ranked as 5,5,4. I'd say it was more like 4,6,4.

We only rode RSR today, but we didn't see the line vary much from 120 minutes on any day. That's about what we waited this morning.

When would be the best weekend to go in October?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Patman345 View Post
    When would be the best weekend to go in October?
    Because of special events, holidays and school breaks the last weekend 26th to 28th, Friday through Sunday will be the lightest. Coming in second the 12th through 14th On the Sunday is CHOC Walk which delays opening of the park and adds a small after noon crowd. Third the 5th to 7th or 8th as that is Columbus Day on Monday and Gay Days are over that weekend. The worst will probably be th 19th through 21st because that is when large school district in Utah and AZ finish thier Fall Breaks on that weekend.

Any idea of how busy DCA and DL might be on our visit? We'll be there Sunday, September 9th until Wednesday September 12th. Thanks! Sure hope we get a chance to ride on RSR!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by brunolvr View Post
    Any idea of how busy DCA and DL might be on our visit? We'll be there Sunday, September 9th until Wednesday September 12th. Thanks! Sure hope we get a chance to ride on RSR!
    Sunday will be busy. It's the only day with fireworks and Fantasmic during your visit, make them a priority if you want to see them.

Monday through Wednesday will be quiet. Plenty of short waits for lots of riding. Remember to get a RSR FP in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Sunday will be busy. It's the only day with fireworks and Fantasmic during your visit, make them a priority if you want to see them.

Monday through Wednesday will be quiet. Plenty of short waits for lots of riding. Remember to get a RSR FP in the morning.
    Sounds great! Thanks for the info and "heads up"!

How does September 22-24 look?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Patman345 View Post
    How does September 22-24 look?
    It will be a busy weekend but Monday will be nice and quiet. Try to avoid the crowds on the weekend by being in the parks at opening to take advantage of short waits before the crowds move in later in the morning. Also stay in the park until closing as the crowds start to die down which will be more pronounced on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It will be a busy weekend but Monday will be nice and quiet. Try to avoid the crowds on the weekend by being in the parks at opening to take advantage of short waits before the crowds move in later in the morning. Also stay in the park until closing as the crowds start to die down which will be more pronounced on Sunday.
    Thanks Swampy!

I am trying plan my halloweentime visit and really want the lowest crowds. I am deciding between Oct 9-11 or Oct 15-17. Touring plans says it will be slower the 15-17 but I am worried the discounted tix from the CHOC walk will encourage people to stay longer that week, of the the 9th is right after Columbus Day. Which would you choose for lower crowds for both during the day and the Party? Thanks!!!

I'll be there Oct 12-14. DisneyDreamer2 - Because your'e going mid-week, I don't think you'll have a problem either week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennor View Post
    I'll be there Oct 12-14. DisneyDreamer2 - Because your'e going mid-week, I don't think you'll have a problem either week.
    Thanks Tennor! You know, you look like the actor Josh Tenney in your pic, and given your screen name , I think you might just be him. (If so, please know we are HUGE fans of yours! We always love your characters in the LIKEN films. You are amazing. I think my kids would be more excited to see you at Disneyland than Mickey Mouse!) Maybe we will see you in October!

This month I am only going to be able to squeak in a day trip on Sept 21st, driving down the night before on the 20th. I should expect a moderate morning and busy night, correct?
    I walked with you once upon a dream...