Page 32 of 106 FirstFirst ... 72229303132333435425782 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer2 View Post
    Thanks Tennor! You know, you look like the actor in your pic, and given your screen name , I think you might just be him. (If so, please know we are HUGE fans of yours! We always love your characters in the LIKEN films. You are amazing. I think my kids would be more excited to see you at Disneyland than Mickey Mouse!) Maybe we will see you in October!
    What in the world? It's true, I am the Josh that's in the Liken films Thanks for your kind words!
    Last edited by Tennor; 09-05-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Sunday will be busy. It's the only day with fireworks and Fantasmic during your visit, make them a priority if you want to see them.

Monday through Wednesday will be quiet. Plenty of short waits for lots of riding. Remember to get a RSR FP in the morning.
    Since it appears it's going to be pretty hot while we're there starting on Sunday(we're used to temps in the 60's and 70's), any great ideas for staying cool and not getting overheated?

---------- Post added 09-05-2012 at 06:42 PM ----------

For future planning of a trip to Disneyland, when would be the ideal time?
    Not too crowded - not too many rides closed - cool (even chilly) temps?
    Or am I just dreaming?

• ~

I'm debating between September 13th (my 18th birthday!) and September 14th for my first trip to DCA since the addition of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. I'm ecstatic to see the new additions to the park, but unsure as to which day would be the best to visit.

September 13th is a Thursday, so I'm assuming that it will be less crowded than a Friday.

However, as the 14th is a Friday, the park opens an hour early and closes two hours later. The additional three hours of park time is something to consider. Also, the 14th is the start of Halloween time at the resort, is it possible that this will impact the crowds at DCA? Will it be less than a typical Friday because more people will be visiting the Disneyland Park, or will this time of year attract more crowds to DCA?

One of my main concerns is RSR due to its long line and how early fastpasses tend to run out. I plan to get a fastpass first thing in the morning, but I'm wondering if going on a Thursday as opposed to a Friday will have a significant difference in the wait time for the attraction.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by PiratePrnsess View Post
    This month I am only going to be able to squeak in a day trip on Sept 21st, driving down the night before on the 20th. I should expect a moderate morning and busy night, correct?
    Yes, it will be quiet as it opens but around noon you will feel it steadily picking up, around 5 it will get busy for the rest of the evening and night. Locals show up after school and especially work on Fridays. It's handy to gather FastPasses during the day to use during the busy night.

Quote Originally Posted by brunolvr View Post
    Since it appears it's going to be pretty hot while we're there starting on Sunday(we're used to temps in the 60's and 70's), any great ideas for staying cool and not getting overheated?

---------- Post added 09-05-2012 at 06:42 PM ----------

For future planning of a trip to Disneyland, when would be the ideal time?
    Not too crowded - not too many rides closed - cool (even chilly) temps?
    Or am I just dreaming?
    During the mid afternoon I try to tackle the indoor rides that are cool instead of staning in the big lines that are in the hot outdoors. Also to beat midday crowds going to the show attractions like Muppets, Bugslife, Aladdin, Captin EO helps as well, because often thier waits are only for the ride to cycles and you get in for the next preformance.

For warm but not hot, and usually dry weather the end of April and May until Memorial Day weekend, but it is a short period where refurbs take place. Entertainment is only at its max on the weekends.

November and early December, once the Holiday Season starts entertainment is daily. Refurbs are minimal but present. Not the week including Thankgiving which is busy. The first week of December is nice second week ok. It can rain with increasing chances over this period.

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    I'm debating between September 13th (my 18th birthday!) and September 14th for my first trip to DCA since the addition of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. I'm ecstatic to see the new additions to the park, but unsure as to which day would be the best to visit.

September 13th is a Thursday, so I'm assuming that it will be less crowded than a Friday.

However, as the 14th is a Friday, the park opens an hour early and closes two hours later. The additional three hours of park time is something to consider. Also, the 14th is the start of Halloween time at the resort, is it possible that this will impact the crowds at DCA? Will it be less than a typical Friday because more people will be visiting the Disneyland Park, or will this time of year attract more crowds to DCA?

One of my main concerns is RSR due to its long line and how early fastpasses tend to run out. I plan to get a fastpass first thing in the morning, but I'm wondering if going on a Thursday as opposed to a Friday will have a significant difference in the wait time for the attraction.
    I'd probably go with the 14th. Sure it will be a little busier and as the day goes on get much busier than the Thursday later in the day. But use the longer hours to your advantage getting there early and staying late. Also what will help on Friday is Space and HM will reopen and this will have a double your pleasure effect. Not only will you get a chance to ride them but they will also largely increase Disneyland Park's ride capacity and draw large crowds to themselves. That will help soften the wait time for other attractions.

The RSR line isn't really going down, it is better than early and core summer but still bobbing around 100 minute waits. The good news is its FastPasses are not being distributed as quickly and that trend should carry through at least to the next busy period. There is a small chance now that regular quest can get two RSR FPs in the same day with the max two hour between getting another FP.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 09-05-2012 at 09:22 PM.

• ~

Yes, it will be quiet as it opens but around noon you will feel it steadily picking up, around 5 it will get busy for the rest of the evening and night. Locals show up after school and especially work on Fridays. It's handy to gather FastPasses during the day to use during the busy night.

During the mid afternoon I try to tackle the indoor rides that are cool instead of staning in the big lines that are in the hot outdoors. Also to beat midday crowds going to the show attractions like Muppets, Bugslife, Aladdin, Captin EO helps as well, because often thier waits are only for the ride to cycles and you get in for the next preformance.

I'd probably go with the 14th. Sure it will be a little busier and as the day goes on get much busier than the Thursday later in the day. But use the longer hours to your advantage getting there early and staying late. Also what will help on Friday is Space and HM will reopen and this will have a double your pleasure effect. Not only will you get a chance to ride them but they will also largely increase Disneyland Park's ride capacity and draw large crowds to themselves. That will help soften the wait time for other attractions.

The RSR line isn't really going down, it is better than early and core summer but still bobbing around 100 minute waits. The good news is its FastPasses are not being distributed as quickly and that trend should carry through at least to the next busy period. There is a small chance now that regular quest can get two RSR FPs in the same day with the max two hour between getting another FP.
    Thanks so much for the information, especially about about the FPs for RSR. I actually won't be going to the Disneyland Park this visit, it's solely a DCA trip. Although I'm a little sad not to be visiting the Disneyland Park, it will give me an opportunity to really explore the new additions to DCA.

I am going to be at DLR September 26th - October 5th and was wondering how the crowd level will be. I would like to use one of those days to visit Sea World or Universal Studios and was thinking about using the busy day at DLR to visit other parks. Thoughts?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by radiatorsprings View Post
    I am going to be at DLR September 26th - October 5th and was wondering how the crowd level will be. I would like to use one of those days to visit Sea World or Universal Studios and was thinking about using the busy day at DLR to visit other parks. Thoughts?
    It will be busy on the weekend days the 29th and 39th, those will also be busy at other parks. I would not skip them because they will be the days that have Fantasmic and Fireworks.

Also busy will be the Friday that have Halloween Parties. They won't be all day busy but in the afternoon and evening very busy. Tusday the 2nd will be like this as well. Universal Studios has a similiar event though more appropiate for teens and adults. So I would not go to US on a Friday unless you want to do their Halloween Horror Nights.

I would go to Seaworld on a Tuesday or Friday when DL is hosting a Halloween Party, but not your last Friday, I'd finish at DL. I'd go to Universal on the Monday.

Wow thanks for the detailed information Swampy! Love the name. Creators of my two favorite inventors.

• Banned User

This is good to know. I was hoping this as it was my theory. Thx for adding this bit of info to the posters question!

Hi everyone!

I was planning on taking the family to DLR in Late August, as a last summer hurrah before the kids went back to school. However the trip had to be rescheduled as I broke my ankle in a rec. ice hockey game 6 days before we were to leave.

So we are thinking about heading down (we live in SF bay area) in mid October when I'll finally be off of the crutches. October 19th through the 25th to be exact.

What are your thoughts about that time as far as crowds?

Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Appleguy2k View Post
    thinking about heading down (we live in SF bay area) in mid October when I'll finally be off of the crutches. October 19th through the 25th to be exact.
    That's really pucks. It will be a nice time to vist. The weekend will be busy, but the next week nice. Do the Tuesday the 23rd Halloween Party if you want to do a party.

On Friday it's going to be bad. If you aren't doing the Halloween Party that night, it's a great name for a sit down dinner with reservation and seeing WoC. Friday afternoon will be very busy and just plain bad in the evening, so have reserved spots to spend time in will let you avoid the crush elsewhere. Saturday will be very busy, Sunday very busy but just busy at night as people head home. These weekend nights are the only days that will have Fantasmic and the Remember Dream Come True fireworks, so see them then. Monday, Tuesday until the evening, Wednesday and Thursday will be very nice and you can get in plenty of rides in those days.

That's really pucks. It will be a nice time to vist. The weekend will be busy, but the next week nice. Do the Tuesday the 23rd Halloween Party if you want to do a party.

On Friday it's going to be bad. If you aren't doing the Halloween Party that night, it's a great name for a sit down dinner with reservation and seeing WoC. Friday afternoon will be very busy and just plain bad in the evening, so have reserved spots to spend time in will let you avoid the crush elsewhere. Saturday will be very busy, Sunday very busy but just busy at night as people head home. These weekend nights are the only days that will have Fantasmic and the Remember Dream Come True fireworks, so see them then. Monday, Tuesday until the evening, Wednesday and Thursday will be very nice and you can get in plenty of rides in those days.
    Thanks for the info... I forgot about the Halloween party nights. We might now opt to go at the beginning of November instead to beat the Thanksgiving rush.

Cheers!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Appleguy2k View Post
    Thanks for the info... I forgot about the Halloween party nights. We might now opt to go at the beginning of November instead to beat the Thanksgiving rush.

Cheers!
    The start of November, the 1st and 5th to 8th are very, very slow. Of course this is when Halloween goes down and Christmas goes up. So in the period some rehabs take place, Small World is closed to recieve it's overlay, there are no fireworks as they set up the Holiday Fireworks on the 6th-8th weekend, sparse entertainment during the week, and short hours. It's good to go for super low crowds but has a big stacks of cons to avoid. I'd much rather take the crowds and go during Halloween for the atmosphere compared to this period.

The next week things pick up a little but it's still slow the 13th to 17th. The Holidays start on the 12th a Monday and there is a little longer hours but the entertainment is back in force. Still some rehabs wrapping up. On the 12th is Veterans Day and that three day weekend is very busy. On the 16th some vacationers start to show up to spend the week of Thanksgiving in the parks. This is a really nice time to go. This may be a good trade off if you prefer Christmas over Halloween, I personally prefer Halloween.

Thankgiving week the 17th to 25th is busy, very busy or terribly busy, and unless you have to visit on school breaks, a time to avoid. I'm not going back during this time in the foreseeable future.

The week right after the 26th to 30th of December is awesome for low crowds and again with the fuller entertainment. The week after at the start of December is good too. I love these weeks.

Just to be clear about the rehabs, they tend to be super plentiful right now. Drop a little as October goes on. Some are ended for Thankgiving. Some span from the end of Summer and are done for Christmas. There are always a few going on in this whole period between Summer when there is nearly no work being done and Christmas when nearly nothing is being done.

Swampymarsh, thanks so much for all of this info. We have decided to go Nov 26-30, Monday-Friday, and we have four day parkhoppers. So we'll be at the parks four of the weekdays, and then we're thinking about Knotts (we've never been) on the other weekday. Would you recommend which weekday might be best for skipping DLR and going to Knotts? We do want to see Fantasmic, so I think we might have to end up at Disneyland on Friday.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by kaspangle View Post
    Swampymarsh, thanks so much for all of this info. We have decided to go Nov 26-30, Monday-Friday, and we have four day parkhoppers. So we'll be at the parks four of the weekdays, and then we're thinking about Knotts (we've never been) on the other weekday. Would you recommend which weekday might be best for skipping DLR and going to Knotts? We do want to see Fantasmic, so I think we might have to end up at Disneyland on Friday.
    I'd go any day crowds are the same at both parks, low. Probably Wednesday to break things up. Friday will be the only nights with Fantasmic so end at DLR.

Even though you have tickets you may call Disney and see if this deal can be worked out. Anyone else watching and waiting for the FALL Disneyland deals?