Page 33 of 90 FirstFirst ... 82330313233343536435883 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

So is it safe to say that this upcoming holiday/Christmas season with be very manageable (compared to years past) considering how DCA is finally popular now?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey777 View Post
    So is it safe to say that this upcoming holiday/Christmas season with be very manageable (compared to years past) considering how DCA is finally popular now?

I'm not sure it's safe to say.

Over the summer a lot of the crowds were very spread out, or at least a bulk in line for RSR instead of other attractions. Also with the parks opening at the same time it split the crowd up very well instead of everyone going to DL first and some going to DCA later when it opened. I also think a lot of people avoided the parks because of media spreading the word they would be super busy, scaring people off.

The Holiday Season in general is very manageable. Overall it's a busy but not aweful season when you consider it has super low and super high crowd levels. The average day is not bad. But when you go during the season is what makes the difference. Thankgiving week and the two week period that contain Christmas and New Years are very bad. There are days in this period when DL was bumping capacity and when that happens the crowds have to go somewhere, and that place is DCA.

The thing that makes those peak period very bad, is the isolated and short break families have to travel within. In summer they have a choice of 10 weeks to go. In the middle of the school year a choice of a few weeks. It's that 10 vs 2 or 3 that condenses the crowds.

The same same thing happens in Spring Break but because of variable school schedules the crowds get split over about 5 weeks. Worse than summer but better than the Holidays.

Along these lines this is why a few 3 days weekends are mediocre and a couple crazy. Labor day and Memorial day weekends aren't bad because at one you just had tons of time to travel and the other will have tons of time to travel. On Veterans day and President's day you have been stuck in school a while and it's time to get the family out, so the crowds show in mass.

Hey! I'm planning on going this weekend on Saturday the 15th and Sunday the 16th? How busy do you think it will be? On a scale of 1 to 10(10 the busiest) how busy do you think it will be?

Hey everyone! My family is planning another trip to Disneyland. We're looking at the first week of October. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Can any of you tell me how busy it's going to be that week? What does Touring Plans say?

Also, is Mickey's Halloween party worth the extra $$? According to Touring plans in the middle of October some of the Halloween party nights it's only going to be a 3...is that accurate? I keep seeing on other posts that it will be much busier. ...Also, we have a 5 year old, 4 year old and 3 month old, and 4 adults going.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelllover11 View Post
    Hey! I'm planning on going this weekend on Saturday the 15th and Sunday the 16th? How busy do you think it will be? On a scale of 1 to 10(10 the busiest) how busy do you think it will be?
    About a 6.5. All weekends are busy but it won't be a major weekend. Lines for Space and Haunted Mansion will be very long, hit them early or use Fast Pass. They both reopen on Friday with special seasonal layovers.

Quote Originally Posted by saramommy View Post
    Hey everyone! My family is planning another trip to Disneyland. We're looking at the first week of October. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Can any of you tell me how busy it's going to be that week? What does Touring Plans say?

Also, is Mickey's Halloween party worth the extra $$? According to Touring plans in the middle of October some of the Halloween party nights it's only going to be a 3...is that accurate? I keep seeing on other posts that it will be much busier. ...Also, we have a 5 year old, 4 year old and 3 month old, and 4 adults going.
    If you mean Monday to Wednesday the 1st to 3rd, it will be very pleasant except for one catch. The Halloween Party. Tuesday will be nice, but a tad busier in the afternoon still nothing major. As it approaches 5pm many guests will show up for the Halloween Party and it will be busy. DL closes at 6pm for the Halloween Party and non party guests will go to DCA and make it busy.

The Halloween Party is really great, I do suggest doing it. Everyone can dress up, your younger kids all day and the adults after 3pm. This can be really fun to do as a group. The Fireworks are the best Disney has. The parade is good. You can get an excessive amount of candy. You can do rides, of course you can go on rides any other day too, but during the party the waits are short.

One strategy that may work for you is getting 2 day park tickets and a Mickey Halloween Party tickets. It's only $4 more than 3 day tickets. Of course this would mean you can not go to the parks on Tuesday morning. With regular tickets you would get 12 hours in the parks that day, with a party ticket only 8 hours, 5 during the party and 3 in the late afternoon. With party tickets you can enter Disneyland park at 3pm on that Tuesday.

• Nic

Going Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend! What can I expect in terms of crowds?
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Going Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend! What can I expect in terms of crowds?
    It's only a little worse than a regular busy weekend. Weekends tend to be slower than normal when the holidays end into the end of February when Presidents day weekend happens. The slowness is mostly dues to it being a cold and wet time of year for Anahiem.

MLK weekend can feel a lot worse than the weekend before or after but compare it to today and it's not much worse at all. It's too close to the Holidays when everyone has off to make it a major weekend. Being a 3 day weekend Sunday night is busier than on a 2 day weekend when people have work and school the next day.

Because of this slow time of year there will be a lot of refurbs going on.

• Minion

I'm in the parks right now and I've never seen it this light for a HalloweenTime Saturday.RSR-60 min., Luigi-15 min., earlier when I was at DL, SM-GG-35 min., and HMH-20 min.You used to get SM-GG in the morning that were for the afternoon, but today all morning the window was 1 hour after current time.

---------- Post added 09-15-2012 at 04:56 PM ----------

The post editor doesn't work on the 3ds. The word "fastpass" is missing above.

MLK Day is January 21, which is the day after the Tinker Bell Half Marathon. So, expect that weekend to a be a little more crowded, too. Plus, if you're going on Sunday, you'll need to plan for the road closures.

Hi! My brother and I are planning to visit Disneyland 12/8-12/12. We've never gone anywhere close to Christmas, and we're wondering what you guys estimate the crowd levels will be. Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by MArouet View Post
    Hi! My brother and I are planning to visit Disneyland 12/8-12/12. We've never gone anywhere close to Christmas, and we're wondering what you guys estimate the crowd levels will be. Thanks!
    The weekend will be busy but the follwing weekdays closer to moderate crowds. Ending a trip with the slower crowds will be nice because it helps you get in those rides that had longer waits at the start of the trip.

Awesome, thanks so much!

I'm stuck trying to figure out which would be better: 10/26-10/27 or 10/28-10/29. Not much of a difference in days, but I'd like to make the right choice as I don't get to go to the parks very often. Thanks a ton!

Criminy, I'd go the 28th/29th. According to Touring Plans those days are only 5 & 1. Have fun!! We're going the 21st - 24th.

---------- Post added 09-17-2012 at 11:17 AM ----------

SwampyMarsh, thanks for the tips! We decided to go Oct. 21st - 24th. We'll actually be in the parks 22nd-24th (Mon-Wed). We opted to not do the Halloween party, and even though the park closes early...I did notice it opens up at 8am, 2 hours earlier than normal weekday hours. So that makes up for the early closing. We decided to make reservations for a later dinner at Goofy's Kitchen that night. So excited!! We've never been during Halloween time!

Hey, do you know how the weather usually is in late October?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Criminy View Post
    I'm stuck trying to figure out which would be better: 10/26-10/27 or 10/28-10/29. Not much of a difference in days, but I'd like to make the right choice as I don't get to go to the parks very often. Thanks a ton!
    For crowds like Saramommy said the Sunday and Monday will be much better.

You may want to go Friday and Saturday for a different reason. Since you don't go much you may want to go on Friday simply for the longer park hours. If you do go Friday I highly suggest watching WoC that evening and if you want to dine with reservations do it that night also. Having these reserved places to be, and reserved things to do, will get you away from the long lines that happen when DL hosts the Halloween Party Friday night Doing this Friday for Monday trade will get you 3 more hours in the park, albeit Friday will be much busier.

Is it a possible option for you to do the Friday Halloween Party You may enter at 4pm, party officially starts at 7pm. A possible way to make a 2.5 day visit using the party as the half day after arriving.

Quote Originally Posted by saramommy View Post
    Criminy, I'd go the 28th/29th. According to Touring Plans those days are only 5 & 1. Have fun!! We're going the 21st - 24th.

---------- Post added 09-17-2012 at 11:17 AM ----------

SwampyMarsh, thanks for the tips! We decided to go Oct. 21st - 24th. We'll actually be in the parks 22nd-24th (Mon-Wed). We opted to not do the Halloween party, and even though the park closes early...I did notice it opens up at 8am, 2 hours earlier than normal weekday hours. So that makes up for the early closing. We decided to make reservations for a later dinner at Goofy's Kitchen that night. So excited!! We've never been during Halloween time!

Hey, do you know how the weather usually is in late October?
    Yes the extra early openings are very nice. What I would do on Tuesday is collect a bunch of DCA FPs during the day. Use them all between 5 and 8pm. Also see WoC if you would like which should get you to GK's after 8:45.

The weather is a bit tricky later in the month It can be on the hot side of warm, or cool side. Slight chance of rain. When you are packing check the anaheim weather and see if you need pants or short, short sleeves or jackets. It's usually nice but you don't want to show up unprepared for drizzle and 60 degrees.