Page 34 of 101 FirstFirst ... 92431323334353637445984 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Hello again!

I did not end up getting to go this past weekend. I'm now curious to know the crowd levels and what to expect for saturday September 29th and Sunday the 30th?

Thanks, Brooke

• Disney Mom

I will be at the DLR Oct 8,9,10 and was wondering if there is going to a high level of crowds on the 8th, since it is Columbus Day? Here in Arizona schools don't typically get it off, except that my son's Fall Break just happens to include it. I already looked at the Orange County School District calander and they do not have it off. But not sure about other areas of Southern California.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelllover11 View Post
    I did not end up getting to go this past weekend. I'm now curious to know the crowd levels and what to expect for saturday September 29th and Sunday the 30th?
    I hope you can make it this time. While compared to this last weekend which was rather calm it will be a little buiser. Still nothing aweful.

Because of a new Extra Magic Hours/ Magic Morning hours schedule that starts that weekend you make want to go to DCA on Saturday morning andDL on Sunday morning. It will help you avoid some crowds and get more short lines right away, though if you want to ride Radiator Springs Racers or grab its FastPasses bothe days I wouldn't blame you.

Quote Originally Posted by jeannie527 View Post
    I will be at the DLR Oct 8,9,10 and was wondering if there is going to a high level of crowds on the 8th, since it is Columbus Day? Here in Arizona schools don't typically get it off, except that my son's Fall Break just happens to include it. I already looked at the Orange County School District calander and they do not have it off. But not sure about other areas of Southern California.
    The first thing to consider is the Fall Breaks don't make the parks busy. A small minority of schools are on non traditional scheduled and can't impact the crowds in major ways.

Monday will be a little busy, but should tail off quickly in the evening as people get home for school and work the next day. The 9th and 10th will be very nice.

Did anyone go to Disneyland last year (2011) on Veterans Day Weekend? Was it busy? And did anyone go while there was the JAMZ competition in November 2011? Did the competition affect the crowds allot???

Thanks! Do you happen to know what those days crowd ratings are on a scale of 1 to 10? What will make it a little busier, just trying to figure out things?

Thanks

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by sexydrea11 View Post
    Did anyone go to Disneyland last year (2011) on Veterans Day Weekend? Was it busy? And did anyone go while there was the JAMZ competition in November 2011? Did the competition affect the crowds allot???
    Verterans Day weekend is very busy. The next weekend is pretty close it has nothing to do with JAMZ, it's because some families start showing up for longer visits around Thanksgiving which falls in the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelllover11 View Post
    Thanks! Do you happen to know what those days crowd ratings are on a scale of 1 to 10? What will make it a little busier, just trying to figure out things?

Thanks

If at 1 you feel lonely and at 10 it's more painful than fun, all weekends fall in about a 4 to 10 range. It's going to be about 5 to 6.

My SIL and I are thinking about going to Disneyland on Nov 16,17,18... because we've never been during the Christmas time and thought it would be a special thing. We come from a small town and big crowds can feel a bit overwhelming at times. Would these dates be too crowded? We're both using ECV's, so the less crowded the easier to see and not have people dart in front of us or suddenly a whole family come to a complete stop in the middle of the walkway. There's no breaks on those things! It can get scary sometimes. LOL

I"m not sure I see better dates to go than these? If we went the weekend before, the Christmas things might not all be out yet in full. We've heard tales of special decorations on the castle, IASW having something different in there and that there's snow on main street???? Are they all true?

If we went the weekend before that it would be Veterans day, so I thought squeezing in at this point would be good???? Perhaps I'm wrong though, so any help would be great! Thanks!
    Last edited by Kangel; 09-19-2012 at 01:40 AM.

How busy is Sept 29th through Oct 7th at DL?
    I'm doing a City Pass for my family so I'm kinda flexible on the actual 3 dates at DL. Probably doing SW on Oct 4th or 5th, and from what I have read Oct 6/7 are busy at DL.
    Any suggestions? Do all the Disney days before Oct 4th...US on Oct 6th?
    Thanks in advance

Alan

• Light up the HALO!

Quote Originally Posted by Kangel View Post
    My SIL and I are thinking about going to Disneyland on Nov 16,17,18... because we've never been during the Christmas time and thought it would be a special thing. We come from a small town and big crowds can feel a bit overwhelming at times. Would these dates be too crowded? We're both using ECV's, so the less crowded the easier to see and not have people dart in front of us or suddenly a whole family come to a complete stop in the middle of the walkway. There's no breaks on those things! It can get scary sometimes. LOL
    I will also be visiting the resort that weekend and in my experience it is the least crowded weekend of the holiday season which usually begins on the second monday in november. It will still be busy from people beginning their thanksgiving trips early but the parks should be manageable. I don't think your are going to find a better time to go as it gets more crowded each weekend leading up to christmas.

If you could, I would recommend going on a weekday as those are dead in december but for most people that is not practical. What ever your decision is, I hope you have a great time. The Christmas season at Disneyland is so magical.
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

Hi again! It looks like I might also be able to go to Disneyland on Jan 4th and 5th. Any guesses about how busy it will be then? Thanks so much!

Are weekends really busy during December (I'm thinking about the 8th and 9th)?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by MArouet View Post
    Hi again! It looks like I might also be able to go to Disneyland on Jan 4th and 5th. Any guesses about how busy it will be then? Thanks so much!
    It's still going to be the Holiday Season and many will still have it off for thier Winter Break. Be pepared for it to be very busy. Plan to get up early and be at the gates for parks opening, take a midafternnon break if you need it, and close the parks down. Use the early hours and final hours very well. Use FastPass. Do attractions that have long cycles, like the Aladdin show and Captain EO in the middle of the day when attraction lines are longest.

Quote Originally Posted by alan1putt View Post
    How busy is Sept 29th through Oct 7th at DL?
    I'm doing a City Pass for my family so I'm kinda flexible on the actual 3 dates at DL. Probably doing SW on Oct 4th or 5th, and from what I have read Oct 6/7 are busy at DL.
    Any suggestions? Do all the Disney days before Oct 4th...US on Oct 6th?
    Crowds will be worse on the same days at all three areas, USH, SW and DLR. Except for days with Halloween Parties. You should avoid DLR on Friday the 5th, and Tuesday the 2nd. These DLR Halloween events require a special ticket and crowds show up mid afternon and it's very busy in the evening. Avoid USH on Friday and Saturday the 29th and 30th, and again on Friday but through Sunday the 5th to 7th. These USH Halloween events require special ticket and extra crowds show up in the late afternoon and evening. Not nearly as bad crowdwise and included with regular admission at Sea World is thier Halloween Spooktacular, on weekends.

Did you already get your CityPass? I'm not sure if this is still going on, but when you bought this at the gates of USH or SW it came with a second day at that park for free. Same price as buying them online or DLR.

While it may look like DLR should be done on the Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. I would suggest going on one weekend day to catch the fireworks and Fantasmic that don't run midweek. If it's windy which is possible these shows could be reduced or cancelled, so you may want to consult the forecast to make a final plan. Also I suggest ending the trip on a high note with DLR.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangel View Post
    I"m not sure I see better dates to go than these? If we went the weekend before, the Christmas things might not all be out yet in full. We've heard tales of special decorations on the castle, IASW having something different in there and that there's snow on main street???? Are they all true?

If we went the weekend before that it would be Veterans day, so I thought squeezing in at this point would be good???? Perhaps I'm wrong though, so any help would be great! Thanks!
    The Holidays start on the 12th, However most theming, Small World with its overlay, and the Believe fireworks should start on Friday the 9th. Other things on the 12th, like the parade, castle lighting and snow.

What you read is all true. Special decorations on the Castle, Small World inside and out is different. It snows in various parts of the parks at night, Main Street, near Rivers of America, and in Small World Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by junglecskipper View Post
    If you could, I would recommend going on a weekday as those are dead in december but for most people that is not practical.
    I agree if weekdays are possible just avoid Thanksgiving week and it will be so much better.

---------- Post added 09-19-2012 at 12:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey777 View Post
    Are weekends really busy during December (I'm thinking about the 8th and 9th)?
    Yes they are really busy. If you can go the weekend before it will be a little better. If you went a weekend later it will be a little worse.

Good to know, thanks so much!!

Thanks Swampy!
    I have not bought the Citypass yet, and I did read about that extra day in the USH thread.
    I'm sure will do a weekend day at DLR, for the fireworks and the extended hours (the weekday hours seem so short)...Leaning towards Sunday the 30th
    Would you think the first weekend is less busy than the second weekend (I know gay days are 6/7th and half of Utah shows up 4/5/6th since they are out of school)
    I'm sure we wil have fun any and everyday at the parks...but not happy about Indy being closed til Dec and the Matterhorn closed Oct 1-3

My parents and I have had a bit of a debate over this topic so I thought why not come ask the most knowledgeable Disney people I know!

How busy is the day before Thanksgiving?
    I say "NO WAY!" because I figure it will be really busy (especially because it will be my daughter's [5] first time.
    My parents say the day before shouldn't be bad, it is the day of and day after that will generate the crowd.