Page 35 of 101 FirstFirst ... 102532333435363738456085 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 1503
  1. #511

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
    My parents and I have had a bit of a debate over this topic

    How busy is the day before Thanksgiving?
    I say "NO WAY!" because I figure it will be really busy (especially because it will be my daughter's [5] first time.
    You are right. In the past few years more people are showing up around Thanksgiving, before and after. It will be very very busy. Go the week after and the crowds are almost as low as can be.


    Quote Originally Posted by alan1putt View Post
    Leaning towards Sunday the 30th
    Would you think the first weekend is less busy than the second weekend (I know gay days are 6/7th and half of Utah shows up 4/5/6th since they are out of school)
    I'm sure we wil have fun any and everyday at the parks...but not happy about Indy being closed til Dec and the Matterhorn closed Oct 1-3
    It's a bit less busy on the first weekend of your visit. Honestly Gay Days and Columbus day are nothing major, just add a little crowds what would otherwise be a normally busy weekend. You may want to be at DLR on the 7th just to end your trip there.

    UEA week is the 18th and 19th with the crowds arriving on Wednesday the 17th. There are other Fall Breaks for Utah Schools and other school but it's not too bad outside of weekends and Halloween Parties, until those UEA days.

  2. #512

    •   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Castro Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,852

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Have some friends going this weekend the 21st-23rd. I figured Friday during the day shouldn't be too bad, but the evening I'm sure will be a different story when the locals come through. Any thoughts for the rest of the weekend?

    I see weather wise Anaheim should be hovering in the low 90's, maybe that will keep some locals at home instead??

  3. #513

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    157

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Thank you so much for the information! I'm so excited to see Disneyland at Christmastime!

  4. #514

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Have some friends going this weekend the 21st-23rd. I figured Friday during the day shouldn't be too bad, but the evening I'm sure will be a different story when the locals come through. Any thoughts for the rest of the weekend?

    I see weather wise Anaheim should be hovering in the low 90's, maybe that will keep some locals at home instead??
    It's going to be busy. If they aren't use to Fridays let them know that it can be shocking. Calm in the morning and the day changes into very busy by night. If they don't know it could sneak up on them. Crowds slow pick up through the day on Fridays, but after 5 the locals come in mass afterwork. It's good to stock up on FPs and use them in the evening and at night.

    Try to get through slow loading rides on Friday because the weekend will all be busy. The heat won't play a role this weekend if it's in the low 90's that just a little more than average as this is a hot time of year in Anaheim. Last weekend it seemed to really hold people back but it was over 100, so very hot then.

  5. #515

    • Orange County
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!
    Posts
    213

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Thought I'd ask this here:
    We arrive on a Sunday, on this day Disneyland is open until midnight... and have bought the vouchers for multi day park hopper tickets online. When we get to the park there is a ticket booth location just to the left of the entrance where we convert the vouchers to the tickets. Does anyone know what time this booth closes? I know it's before the park closes.

  6. #516

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by AB Born View Post
    and have bought the vouchers for multi day park hopper tickets online.
    Where did you buy this voucher from? Could you describe them better? Most vouchers come by email and are exchanged at the ticket booths themselves of which one on each entrance side is usually open 30-45 mniutes after the park's closing time.

  7. #517

    • Orange County
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!
    Posts
    213

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    It's a travel agent, that we have used for years, and bought the vouchers from in the past. I just assumed it had to be converted at the booth located between the bathrooms and the left side of the gates. Usually just show ID with the email vouchers and they give us the park hopper tickets. So, it can be done at any of the ticket booths, and there isn't any worry about the booth closing before park close?

  8. #518

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by AB Born View Post
    It's a travel agent, that we have used for years, and bought the vouchers from in the past. I just assumed it had to be converted at the booth located between the bathrooms and the left side of the gates. Usually just show ID with the email vouchers and they give us the park hopper tickets. So, it can be done at any of the ticket booths, and there isn't any worry about the booth closing before park close?

    It may be possible you need to go there, although I don't see why the ticket booths won't be able to help you.

    The building you are describing is Guest Services. It houses Will Call, and Guest Ticketing which may be why you are being sent there. It also houses the Lost and Found and I believe that is open at least 30 minutes after park closing.

  9. #519

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cloud City
    Posts
    624

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    With the Christmas time around the corner, whats that crowds like around the first week in December? Going to be there Dec, 7th-9th.

  10. #520

    •   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Castro Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,852

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It's going to be busy. If they aren't use to Fridays let them know that it can be shocking. Calm in the morning and the day changes into very busy by night. If they don't know it could sneak up on them. Crowds slow pick up through the day on Fridays, but after 5 the locals come in mass afterwork. It's good to stock up on FPs and use them in the evening and at night.

    Try to get through slow loading rides on Friday because the weekend will all be busy. The heat won't play a role this weekend if it's in the low 90's that just a little more than average as this is a hot time of year in Anaheim. Last weekend it seemed to really hold people back but it was over 100, so very hot then.
    Awesome thanks for the info and help. I did mention to them that only the 2 lower AP's are blocked out on Saturday so it might help a little but I don't think too much. They plan on getting there at opening each day and take a break in the afternoon and come back in the early evening. But like you said Friday will definitely be a surprise for them, so I'll make sure to give them the heads up about that.

  11. #521

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
    With the Christmas time around the corner, whats that crowds like around the first week in December? Going to be there Dec, 7th-9th.
    Quite busy. Look at my posted quoted above this one about Friday through Sunday Visits. It's going to be worse than this weekend by a good bit.

  12. #522

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    78

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    I am stuck going for only one day for once, help me lol I want to enjoy
    EVERYTHING in one day, hard i know. SEPTEMBER 30TH, Sunday,
    any idea about this date? Or what to start with and end with so
    i can do all the new stuff [have not been in year] yet enjoy
    my club33 dinner and fantamic and fireworks :-X!!!!!!!!
    Love meeting new fellow Disney fanatics! Facebook Me: Michael Van Anthony Jr

  13. #523

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYnerd View Post
    I am stuck going for only one day for once, help me lol I want to enjoy
    EVERYTHING in one day, hard i know. SEPTEMBER 30TH, Sunday,
    any idea about this date? Or what to start with and end with so
    i can do all the new stuff [have not been in year] yet enjoy
    my club33 dinner and fantamic and fireworks :-X!!!!!!!!
    It's going to be busy. Are you doing just DL or DCA too?

    1. Be at the gates about 40-45 minutes early to get to the front of the rope drop in DL.
    2. Prioritze what you want to do, you won't be able to do it all so be realistic and figure out what is important.
    3. Go right to a FP kiosk, probably Star Tours or Space Mountain.
    4. Be prepared to get your next FP when the first FP window opens(if also DCA #4 would be #5).
    5. First ride should be Peter Pan because each minute after opening the wait will get a couple minutes longer until it's 30-45 minutes for the day.
    6. Finding Nemo will be good to hit early or last because it also builds a line that doesn't go away.
    7. If your second FP window doesn't open for over two hours after getting it, in two hour get your third FP, 2 hours between FPs is the max.
    8. Do lines that load slow, like Dumbo, Astro Orbiter, Tea Pots, in the morning when lines are short.
    9. Save rides that load quickly and have fast moving lines for later in the morning like HM or POTC.
    10. Do show type rides in the afternoon when other lines are thier longest. Tiki Room, Captain EO, and it's a good time for Tom Sawyer Island and also riding the train and ships on the River of America since these can load a lot of people at once you usually are only waiting for the next loading.
    11. Say late, after the firworks the lines slow down. Also for Fantasyland the rides in the Castle Walls close during the fireworks and reopen about 30-45 minutes after. When the rope drops people rush to Peter Pan primarily and Mr. Toad secondarily, so beating them or going to Pinnochio or Snow White are good at the stime.

    To see both Fantasmic and Fireworks, it's best to do Fireworks first and Fantasmic second, just to spend less time waiting and get good views. This is because for the first Fantasmic the best spots start filling a few hours early, when you'll probably be eating.

    If you happen to be going solo, which you didn't mention, the single rider lines must be used and almost always are faster then FP.

    Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin FP is not connected to toher FPs, so not effected by them. Pick this FP up any time. Just be aware Toontown opens mid morning, and closes in the evening.

  14. #524

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Citizen of Disneyland
    Posts
    494

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    DisneyNerd, That's a cool photograph of you. It looks like you're at the Dream Suite balcony. That's the best view of the park. I used to love to hang out there when it was the Disney Art Gallery.

  15. #525

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3

    Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

    Curious about seeing both Disneyland and California Adventure. Can I expect to see both parks in 3 days? We are planning a trip October 29th-Nov 2nd. Looks like we are getting in later on Monday and planning on going to the Halloween party on Wed 31st. We are 2 adults (one a senior citizen) is this too ambitious?

Similar Threads

  1. [News] When Will it Be Busy at Disneyland - 2009 Edition
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1389
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 05:16 AM
  2. [News] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2008?
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 605
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 05:35 PM
  3. [Question] When will it be busy at Disneyland in 2009?
    By zip-d-dude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 04:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •