Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 112633343536373839466186 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie-Nobby View Post
    Curious about seeing both Disneyland and California Adventure. Can I expect to see both parks in 3 days? We are planning a trip October 29th-Nov 2nd. Looks like we are getting in later on Monday and planning on going to the Halloween party on Wed 31st. We are 2 adults (one a senior citizen) is this too ambitious?
    You mention getting there later on Monday? Is that a day you are going to the parks?

It's so easy to park hop, that it's easy to go back and forth. Also crowds will be pertty medium overalll so lines won't be bad. You will get some slow times and some busy times in the later eafternoon and evening. November 1 and 2 will be super quiet. Use FastPass, and with 3 days you can get a lot in.

Thanks for the response. We are arriving in LAX at around 9:40 pm and need about an hour to get to the hotel. I don't think we can squeeze anything in on Monday night.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie-Nobby View Post
    Thanks for the response. We are arriving in LAX at around 9:40 pm and need about an hour to get to the hotel. I don't think we can squeeze anything in on Monday night.
    No the parks will be close before you land because DL is hosting a Halloween Party and DCA closes at 8. Tuesday will be calm, Wednesday kind of busy from the Halloween Guests arriving in the afternoon and evening. Then Thursday really quiet. If you are going to the parks on Friday the 2nd it's going to be busy in the evening and Fantasmic will be a mess because they don't run firework that weekend.

According to touringplans.com the week of Halloween will not be crowded. Halloween time has been very busy in past years, why would touringplans.com have Halloween week so low?

Saturday was hot and crowded. I won't be back for a couple of weeks, at least. I loved the Haunted Mansion's new look, the Halloween Time Fair, but the heat is too much.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by realbetis View Post
    According to touringplans.com the week of Halloween will not be crowded. Halloween time has been very busy in past years, why would touringplans.com have Halloween week so low?
    Halloween time has not always been very busy in the past. It has a lot of busy times and slow times mixed together.

By the week of Halloween most Fall Breaks are done, which brings the low attendance up to moderate attendance in some of October. Also the Halloween parties are on Monday and Wednesday, leaving the rest of the week, slow. And those both being midweek parties mean their day's start out slow but get busy in the afternoon and very busy in the evening. Then the week ends in November on the only weekend of the year that thier are no fireworks, because of a switchover from the regular firework show to the Christmas Show. Addtionally right after the Halloween Party ends, DLR goes into a transistion where Halloween is coming down and Christmas going up, so a lot of people avoid that and go earlier for Halloween or later for the Holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It's not bad. December gets worse as it goes on. If it was a strait 4 week month it would looks like this.

1st week, awesome low crowds.
    2nd week not bad just few big crowds.
    3rd week it busy to very busy
    4th weeek, OMG it's insanely crowded.

Keep in mind the weekend are always busy, and in December very busy, except that last week where it's as busy as it possibly can be so the weekend is just like the weekdays. When the glass is full you can't add anymore to it.
    Its taken awhile to reply back but thank you for the reply. It looks like we've decided to be in Southern California from Dec 8th-16th. We are booking a package thru Getawaytoday and we will be getting the Southern California City Pass as its much cheaper that way to bundle the Disneyland/Universal tickets. Plus it gives us a Sea World option if we decide to head down there.

So now the question is what days to spend in the parks. We will be avoiding the parks on the weekends at all costs lol. The original plan was go to Universal on Monday the 10th, then the DLR from Tuesday the 11th to Thursday the 13th. But would we be better doing Disneyland Mon-Wed and Universal on Thursday instead?

Thanks for the help. I'm getting excited for this trip now that planning for it is really kicking in. I guess I shouldn't worry too much. We survived WDW in Late April earlier this year and had a great time. I can't imagine the crowds would be any worse.

was on the club 33 balcony after lunch!
    Love meeting new fellow Disney fanatics! Facebook Me: Michael Van Anthony Jr

I was wondering if Tuesday October 23 or Thursday October 25th would be more crowded at DL? Also, wondering if anyone knows which private party is occurring on Wed. Oct. 24th, as I know the park closes early that eve. Just trying to assess crowd levels. We can go Tues/Wed or Wed/Thurs of that week.
    Thank you

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Teknik_DC2 View Post
    Its taken awhile to reply back but thank you for the reply. It looks like we've decided to be in Southern California from Dec 8th-16th. We are booking a package thru Getawaytoday and we will be getting the Southern California City Pass as its much cheaper that way to bundle the Disneyland/Universal tickets. Plus it gives us a Sea World option if we decide to head down there.

So now the question is what days to spend in the parks. We will be avoiding the parks on the weekends at all costs lol. The original plan was go to Universal on Monday the 10th, then the DLR from Tuesday the 11th to Thursday the 13th. But would we be better doing Disneyland Mon-Wed and Universal on Thursday instead?

We survived WDW in Late April earlier this year and had a great time. I can't imagine the crowds would be any worse.
    First off comparing the crowds to late April at WDW they could be similiar, Spring Break tails off and late April is nearing offseason crowds.

The basic problem is DLR, USH and SW, all follow the same crowd patterns, so if you go to one on Saturday because of high crowds at the other, you still get high crowds. The one regular DLR anomoly is Friday nights when DLR's huge AP numbers come in mass.

Since you are going to 2 or 3 places I would work it out somway like this. End in DLR, like finishing a meal with dessert. Split the DLR days up with the other parks to add variety. Although sometimes it's easiest just to start or end with SW because it's down in San Diego, even spending a night down there too.

By the way with the CityPASS if you purchase it at the SW or Universal gates, the respective park throws in a second day at that park for free. While great for some, not many people want more than one day at USH or SW, hence they do this promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh View Post
    I was wondering if Tuesday October 23 or Thursday October 25th would be more crowded at DL? Also, wondering if anyone knows which private party is occurring on Wed. Oct. 24th, as I know the park closes early that eve. Just trying to assess crowd levels. We can go Tues/Wed or Wed/Thurs of that week.
    Thank you
    I haven't heard about what happens on the 24th. Often corporations rent the park and word doesn't get out until one of thier employees mentions it. They can be far from super Disney fans and planners that frequent these message boards.

Don't go on Tuesday, just because tens of thousands of guests go to the Halloween Party and many arrive in the later afternoon and evening. Go on Thursday a normal and slow day.

Thanks for answering that... one other question, which would be the least crowded two day combo.. either Oct. 3/4th, 10/11th, or 24/25th? Thanks for your input!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mlh View Post
    Thanks for answering that... one other question, which would be the least crowded two day combo.. either Oct. 3/4th, 10/11th, or 24/25th? Thanks for your input!
    Considering the they are all Wednesdays and Thursday combos and doesn't have the one busier week included you should be good to go on any of them. The last 24/25 will take the edge as the least busy.

We're going to be there for one day on October 12th. Having a hard time finding a hotel. All disney hotels are booked. Is there something going on that weekend?

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    We're going to be there for one day on October 12th. Having a hard time finding a hotel. All disney hotels are booked. Is there something going on that weekend?
    I want to say October is gonna be a big month because of the Halloween Event. So maybe that is it?

Isn't CHOC Walk on oct 13th? I was noticing the same thing on the 12th. Curious if that could be the reason