Page 38 of 89 FirstFirst ... 132835363738394041486388 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Hello! I'm going to Disneyland Dec 2 - 8, since we thought it was going to be low in crowds (at least weekdays). But looking at the calendar crowd in Touring Plans, that week is 7 or 8...
    I'm guessing is because Candlelight, but should I really prepare for that many people? All day long?

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Very low crowds. Limited entertainment and short park hours.
    cool thats what i was hoping for its my b day on the 27th so i thought id take the fam
    Last edited by Josh C Paiva; 10-06-2012 at 08:52 AM.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by vblara View Post
    Hello! I'm going to Disneyland Dec 2 - 8, since we thought it was going to be low in crowds (at least weekdays). But looking at the calendar crowd in Touring Plans, that week is 7 or 8...
    I'm guessing is because Candlelight, but should I really prepare for that many people? All day long?
    Crowds will be medium to low, not that high. The Candle Light doesn't add a huge amount of crowds because most viewers come for the evening only, and Town Square where it's help doesn't hold a lot of people. That week is a good one to see the Holiday Season.

Watch out for the big crowds later in the day on Friday and all day Saturday. Try to get in all the rides you want during the weekdays. On Friday and Saturday use FastPass to ride what rides have FP that you want to do again. Use those day for non-line activities. Like enjoying the lights, snow, Big Thunder Ranch, or for things with reservations like WoC and table service dining.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Crowds will be medium to low, not that high. The Candle Light doesn't add a huge amount of crowds because most viewers come for the evening only, and Town Square where it's help doesn't hold a lot of people. That week is a good one to see the Holiday Season.

Watch out for the big crowds later in the day on Friday and all day Saturday. Try to get in all the rides you want during the weekdays. On Friday and Saturday use FastPass to ride what rides have FP that you want to do again. Use those day for non-line activities. Like enjoying the lights, snow, Big Thunder Ranch, or for things with reservations like WoC and table service dining.
    Thank you for the reply!. I was really stressed out because of those numbers on Touring Plans, but you restored my hope.

• Yearning for Disneyland

Guys! Guys! I'm going back to Disneyland! So excited; it's been over a year since I've been and I'm frothing to check out Cars Land.

Our dates are Jan. 10-15th (skipping Sunday the 13th). I already know that there's a convention at the Anaheim Convention Center that week but we have five days so I'm not worried about it.

That being said, what kind of crowds and closures should I prep the kids to expect? I know that January is off-season but I wasn't sure when they start tearing down all the Christmas stuff and what closures I should expect from that as well as regular maintenance closures. Has BTMR closed yet, or will it close then and should I not bother? lol.

Anyway, so excited.

...and just a little bit of pixie dust!
    http://www.spareoom.net

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    Our dates are Jan. 10-15th (skipping Sunday the 13th). I already know that there's a convention at the Anaheim Convention Center that week but we have five days so I'm not worried about it.

That being said, what kind of crowds and closures should I prep the kids to expect?
    Except for the weekend crowds will be very low. The weekend will be moderately busy nothing aweful, but compared to the slow days may feel like it. The convention won't add crowds, but will fill some hotel rooms. You may want to make a few cancelable reservations right away, or try staying north of Katella to avoid the crowds and higher hotel rates that come with sizeable national conferences.

Also it may be cold and wet so check the weather right before leaving to pack the appropiate clothes.

Closures are common this time of year. There will only be a few remants of the Holidays other than Small World running with its seasonal overlay. Haunted Mansion is the only ride that at this point is surely to be closed. HM will be closed to remove its overlay, but there is a small chance it will reopen late in your visit. Also because it's the cold time of the year it's likely Splash or Grizzly River Run could be closed, but I don't suspect either will be closed, it's just when they close them if they need to. Main Street will probably have a lot of work going on, so the vehicle may not be running.

Cool. We already have our rooms booked so that sounds like that would have been the biggest hassle. We're former SoCal's now living in Chicago so a little cold never hurt us. I'm actually hoping for a rain day; I've only done Disneyland in the rain once (at night!) and it was magical. Well, as long as one was dry. We don't care about HM that much so no big loss.

Is there anything in Cars Land that seems to be prone to wet weather closures? We haven't' seen Cars Land yet so we want to be able to hit all the rides.

Eeep, so excited. We're staying at the Carousel and I'm looking forward to the convenience. Although funnily enough, parking in Mickey and Friends and taking the tram to the parks seems like such a part of the visit that I might miss it a LITTLE bit.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    Cool. We already have our rooms booked so that sounds like that would have been the biggest hassle.

Is there anything in Cars Land that seems to be prone to wet weather closures? We haven't' seen Cars Land yet so we want to be able to hit all the rides.

Eeep, so excited. We're staying at the Carousel and I'm looking forward to the convenience.
    Did you get a Mice Chat rate at the Carousel? If not call back and ask. I'm sure you will be happy with walking after doing it once. Especially if you need to run back for jackets in the evening or change into dry clothes or something.

In Carsland everything should be running depsite the weather though it's only rained a couple times since opening. One time RSR did close, however it's operation has been shaky and it closes for mechnical reasons nearly daily, and often more than once a day. It was more likely coincidence that it close when it rained that one time, especially with the clone in WDW Test Track, that runs in the rain and closes if there is lighting danger. Luigi's will be really wet from the rain getting blown around, so you may want to avoid it around showers.

Since you lived in SoCal I'm sure you know the chance of a rainy day is slim, and a full day or rain slimmer.

We didn't book through the Carousel directly; we got the Costco travel package for five days of Disney and four nights. We are tacking on an extra night though so we don't have to go into the parks on Sunday, and we booked that through Costco as well. But I did find out about the Micechat rate so my mom is going to call back tomorrow and see if they have a better deal.

That's a bummer that RSR closes a lot but I'm sure we'll be able to get at least one ride in. I'm really looking forward to Cars Land, AND another shot at WoC since my first and last experience with it was in a pretty bad viewing area and my 4'9 sister couldn't see a thing, lol.

I went around this time last year.. October 22nd-23rd. From when the gates opened until noon, it was fairly deserted. I was ecstatic! I was riding rides back to back with no wait times. Then around noon, it seems like everyone with children showed up. I've never seen more strollers in my life. It reaffirmed my hatred for double width strollers.

Blizzcon was that weekend, so that+weekend day probably really packed 'em in. I'd have to say, even with 9/10 or 10/10 crowds, it was always be one of the moments I cherish forever. I plan to go back every year or so. My next target: Disney World.

I do have a question.. are the Touring Plans actually accurate? I figure the next time I'll go to Disney Land will be short notice(one or two weeks) so I can plan for the low attendance days. I went with a friend who knew all about Disney. She kept hyping it up.. it really was a magical place.

Also, is there a place that I can check for local conventions and big meetings? I'd like to go when there isn't a big convention.

• Nic

How does New Years Day look this year?
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

I'm going to be there this Sun & Mon Oct 14th & 15th. We have tickets for the Halloween Party on Monday, sooo freakin' excited.
    Glad I bought them when I did, they sold out like 2 days later.
    A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
    https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
    http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
    http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    How does New Years Day look this year?
    Very Busy, like every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterfly74 View Post
    I'm going to be there this Sun & Mon Oct 14th & 15th. We have tickets for the Halloween Party on Monday, sooo freakin' excited.
    Glad I bought them when I did, they sold out like 2 days later.
    Enjoy Monday morning when it's slow. Sunday will be busy and Monday will start getting busy in the afternoon.

Any crowd reports for this upcoming week would be appreciated. I am going to be there starting Friday the 19th- Monday the 22nd.

Thanks!!

I'm trying to decide between Saturday Nov 24 and Sunday Nov 25 for Fantasmic viewing. Saturday will have huge Thanksgiving tourist crowds, but all APs are blocked (except Premium). Sunday night a lot of tourists will be heading home, but only SoCal Select APs are blocked. Which would be less crowded for Fantasmic specifically?