Page 39 of 90 FirstFirst ... 142936373839404142496489 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterfly74 View Post
    I'm going to be there this Sun & Mon Oct 14th & 15th. We have tickets for the Halloween Party on Monday, sooo freakin' excited.
    Glad I bought them when I did, they sold out like 2 days later.

We went Oct 8-12 including the Halloween Party on Oct 12th and found the park to be very busy! We went during this time last year and it seems with the Opening with Cars Land that both parks are busier
    ! I was disappointed at the Halloween Party on Fri Oct 12th as it appears they sold out to capacity and it was way too crowded for comfort or fun...

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedMansionLvr View Post
    Any crowd reports for this upcoming week would be appreciated. I am going to be there starting Friday the 19th- Monday the 22nd. Thanks!!
    It's going to be very busy until Sunday night. Monday should be wonderful. Do you happen to be from Utah or Arizona? There are huge school district with the end of the week off, and that what make that the busiest weekend of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by kaspangle View Post
    I'm trying to decide between Saturday Nov 24 and Sunday Nov 25 for Fantasmic viewing. Saturday will have huge Thanksgiving tourist crowds, but all APs are blocked (except Premium). Sunday night a lot of tourists will be heading home, but only SoCal Select APs are blocked. Which would be less crowded for Fantasmic specifically?
    You are correct that that weekend Sunday tends to be worse than Saturday and guests will be leaving Sunday night.

For Fantasmic!, it will be busy each night. The way to get a bette view is to see the second show. After fireworks on Sunday is when crowds will slow down but that second F! will still get packed in.

I can expect no major differences between 12/17-12/21, 12/24-12/28, or a 12/31-1/4 trip, huh? I'm used to larger crowds, but I am really conflicted in choosing which time to visit. Is it possible that of the three choices one may be less busy? Thank you.

how are november 9th and 10th? friday and saturday, so i'm expecting bigger crowds than a week day, along with longer hours.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by nevertrace View Post
    I can expect no major differences between 12/17-12/21, 12/24-12/28, or a 12/31-1/4 trip, huh? I'm used to larger crowds, but I am really conflicted in choosing which time to visit. Is it possible that of the three choices one may be less busy? Thank you.
    12/17-21 busy to very busy.
    12/24-12/28, crazy busy, the worst week of the year for crowds.
    12/31-1/4, Crazy then very busy after the 1st.

Surely go with the earliest days and the last days only as a plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by paradesintherain View Post
    how are november 9th and 10th? friday and saturday, so i'm expecting bigger crowds than a week day, along with longer hours.
    That is, relative to any other Friday-Saturday,a very busy time. That is when the Holiday's soft start, not with everything hapening but most. So along with that and it being a three day weekend it's busier. Make great use of Friday morning, by being there at rope drop and collecting FPs to use later in the day. Friday afternoon the crowds are going to swell as locals come to see the decorations and vacacationers start thier long weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    12/17-21 busy to very busy.
    12/24-12/28, crazy busy, the worst week of the year for crowds.
    12/31-1/4, Crazy then very busy after the 1st.

Surely go with the earliest days and the last days only as a plan B.
    Thank you! Wow, so even with no pass-holders being blocked 12/17-12/21 crowds will be similar to 12/31-1/4?

EDIT: UGH, My niece doesn't get out of school until 12/21, so the first option is not even possible. The third (or rather second) it is. Thank you!
    Last edited by nevertrace; 10-15-2012 at 05:21 PM.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by nevertrace View Post
    Thank you! Wow, so even with no pass-holders being blocked 12/17-12/21 crowds will be similar to 12/31-1/4?

EDIT: UGH, My niece doesn't get out of school until 12/21, so the first option is not even possible. The third (or rather second) it is. Thank you!
    When you go after Christmas week, it will be aweful on NYE, very, very bad on NYD, but while very busy a huge sigh of relief from the 2nd on since many people are back to work and school. Since you start when it's worse, and it gets better you will find it enjoyable even though it's busy. Ending on a high note is a wonderful way to visit.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 10-15-2012 at 07:21 PM.

After Halloween Time is over, could you predict a Saturday that will be least crowded until the end of the year? My family and I live locally, and we have one-day passes that expire at the end of the year. We like to go all day Saturday, and stay late, and not have to worry about school or work the next day.

I know that the Holiday promotion starts on Nov. 12, so I am guessing that the park will be crowded at various levels throughout the rest of the year. How does Nov. 10th look? Would Nov. 3rd be significantly better?

Thank you.

• Yearning for Disneyland

Ok, so I probably already know the answer to this, but I'm posting anyway.

My sister is going to California with my aunts and cousins over Christmas, and they're looking at possibly doing Disneyland on the 25th/26th. Obviously, I know that the 26th is probably one of the busiest days of the year, but how does Christmas day actually shape up? They're not really into TONS of rides, so that's the only way I could see it working.

What are your thoughts? Is the atmosphere for being in Disneyland on Christmas day enough, or will it be so crowded that you can't even enjoy it?

...and just a little bit of pixie dust!
    http://www.spareoom.net

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    What are your thoughts? Is the atmosphere for being in Disneyland on Christmas day enough, or will it be so crowded that you can't even enjoy it?
    That is a tough one. It will be so crowded they should probably go to DCA. DL gets packed tight and walking shoulder to shoulder may not be enjoyable. DCA is designed much better to handle crowds and a lot easier to move around.

If they have a hopper they may want to go to DCA and then hop to DL in the evening for the parade, castle lighting and fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    I know that the Holiday promotion starts on Nov. 12, so I am guessing that the park will be crowded at various levels throughout the rest of the year. How does Nov. 10th look? Would Nov. 3rd be significantly better?
    Definitely on the 3rd of November. The drawback of this week is no fireworks running. If you don't make it let the 1st of December be your backup.

However there is a lot of risk involved, if a Saturday is forecasted to be very rainy and ends up being so, it could be less busy. It will be getting into the rainy season so that's a possibility, though would you want to go in the rain anyway/

We are planning to go to DL and DCA Dec 8-15th. What are crowd levels supposed to be like? We have a 2 and 4 year-old, and try to rest during extremely busy times...any suggestions for what days to go early/stay at the resort and play in the pool? Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica32 View Post
    We are planning to go to DL and DCA Dec 8-15th. What are crowd levels supposed to be like? We have a 2 and 4 year-old, and try to rest during extremely busy times...any suggestions for what days to go early/stay at the resort and play in the pool? Thanks!
    It will be moderately busy overall. Weekdays will be nice so try to pack in the attractions during the week. Friday afternoon it will get busier and the evening and night will be very busy so make the best of the morning. Saturday and Sunday will be very busy so good to skip some crowds with midday breaks.

Park Hours will likely be thier max during your visit, no short days.

We are planning a visit during the holiday season this year. How will the crowds compare between Mon Nov. 12th (Veterans Day), Sun Nov. 18th, and Sun Nov. 25th? Both Sundays have max park hours of 8am-12am, but Veterans Day is open 9am-10pm. Am I correct in assuming that means they expect less crowds that day?

Thanks a bunch!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Dee View Post
    We are planning a visit during the holiday season this year. How will the crowds compare between Mon Nov. 12th (Veterans Day), Sun Nov. 18th, and Sun Nov. 25th? Both Sundays have max park hours of 8am-12am, but Veterans Day is open 9am-10pm. Am I correct in assuming that means they expect less crowds that day?
    Yes you are correct shorter hours on a day like that indicates they expect lower crowds than a long hour day. However I feel that Disney is in error. When Veterans Day falls along a weekend it usually has 8-11 hours. Being on a Monday instead of starting the weekend it may be slower, but I wouldn't be surprised if they extend the hours before or on the very day.

Never the less, the 18th starts a busy week when lots of tourists are in the park. The 25th has a tailing off at nice since it ends a vacation week. I'd give the 12th a small edge over the 25th.