Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567142954 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Thought I should post back about our rainy day....

Toy Story Midway Mania was a WALK ON!

Star Tours was a WALK ON!

Now… I expected a lighter crowd but to walk on TSMM and ST??? That was totally unexpected.

Also, both Thunder Mtn and Screaming were running in pouring rain! This too was totally unexpected. To be honest, I’m happy to have the experience of "Screaming In The Rain" – but I’m not sure I would do it again. Those rain drops hurt!

We wore good quality ponchos and baseball caps. I started off with an umbrella, but quickly ditched that. Ponchos and baseball caps rule. I also wore rain boots which is a must. One member of our party had on sneakers and their feet were soaked. Out pants from the knees down were also soaked, so if I do DL in the rain again (and I think I will!), I will get rain pants too.

I was warm, I was mostly dry, and I walked on TSMM 4 times in a row! My arm got tired after that…

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    We are goning on Feb 17th-22nd. I know is a holiday weekend. So, is it really much crowded??

Any strategy for these days?
    I would plan on it being pretty busy unless it rains that wknd. I'm sure TouringPlans will predict an 8 out of 10 for the wknd. Although Tuesday and Wednesday should be pretty quiet for you.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Last edited by Experiment626; 01-27-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Found my answer on another thread! :)

Any thoughts about March 2nd? I know its a Friday, but I don't think any schools will be on spring break that early.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by krpink View Post
    Any thoughts about March 2nd? I know its a Friday, but I don't think any schools will be on spring break that early.
    Very few, and these are more likely school with less traditional schedule will have Spring Break then. It should be a Friday with low crowds that slowly pick up in the afternoon until evening when people come after work and it feels busy.

Any ideas on how busy the park will be February 24th through the 27th?

Jeri - we were there from 1/21 - 1/23 Saturday was our favorite day with no lines for even big attractions such as Indiana Jones and Star Tours. Loved it! Monday was great too! And both the rainy days (Saturday and Monday) the sun was out by noon, so there was no crowds and a nice afternoon!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Cha View Post
    Any ideas on how busy the park will be February 24th through the 27th?
    24th will have some crowds all day, because some school use that short week as a whole week off. In the evening it will get busier as the after work crowd show up. The weekend will be busy as all weekends are but Sunday evening may feel nice as people leave for work and school the next day. Monday the 27th will feel quiet after those days. Fantasmic is dark over that period. I would focus on seeing World of Color and the Fireworks on Friday and Saturday. Use the quieter Sunday evening and Monday for rides.

Has anyone been during Valentines Day or the week of Valentine Day? Is it really packed? I do not know if people would actually go to Disneyland on Valentine's Day, but it sure sounds romantic to me to take your loved one to Disneyland during Valentine's Day and eat somewhere like the Blue Bayou.

Thank you swampymarsh. This is what we figured. Hoping for a peaceful crowd-free Monday to end the visit with.

Cool Sunday/Monday OR Wednesday/Thursday

First, thanks for any advice! This is a great site.

We are taking our twin 3-year-olds to Disneyland for the first time in May. We can either be in the park on Sunday and Monday (May 13 and 14) or Wednesday and Thursday (May 16 and 17). The park schedule is not yet published, but we would like to reserve our hotel before it will be published.

1. Are there likely to be more shows in the evening on Sunday than on Wednesday? Remember, we have 3-year-olds, so I am talking about things they might like, like fireworks and/or a light parade. Will there still be fireworks on that Wednesday?

2. The crowd calendar on TripCalendar.com says May 13 is a 4 crowd level, and the other days are all crowd level 1. Should we avoid Sunday to have a crowd level of 1 on both days, or is a 4 crowd level worth it to see the additional shows that are only on weekends, if there are any that are only on weekends?

3. May 13 is Mother's Day. Does that factor into the decision to go to the park that day versus Wed/Thursday instead?

THANKS AGAIN for any and all suggestions. We are getting excited about our trip.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Sunday/Monday OR Wednesday/Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by feezell View Post
    1. Are there likely to be more shows in the evening on Sunday than on Wednesday? Remember, we have 3-year-olds, so I am talking about things they might like, like fireworks and/or a light parade. Will there still be fireworks on that Wednesday?

2. The crowd calendar on TripCalendar.com says May 13 is a 4 crowd level, and the other days are all crowd level 1. Should we avoid Sunday to have a crowd level of 1 on both days, or is a 4 crowd level worth it to see the additional shows that are only on weekends, if there are any that are only on weekends?

3. May 13 is Mother's Day. Does that factor into the decision to go to the park that day versus Wed/Thursday instead?
    1. Usually just on weekends. However this year the 16th and 17th will be Grad Nites. The format is different than in the past. While hours in the past would be 8-12 on Sunday and 10-8 during the week, this year the 16th and 17th may be 10 to 9 or 10. Since the grads no longer get Fireworks during thier party they may run some earlier for them. This is a new situation so it's just speculation on how it may work out. You can count on Sunday but only guess on the later dates.

2. I'd base this on the hieght of your twins. The lines won't be horrible, but if you are skipping the big rides it wouldn't matter much anyway, you would be passing the biggest lines anyway.

3. Lots of people go for Mother's Day. Lots of them would be going anyway. It doesn't make the day worse.

I'd suggest going on Sunday and Monday. I am guessing your kids can be up for a 8am park opening, but on other days will be bouncing around for a couple hours if you have to wait until 10am. On Sunday take a midday break, come back and stay up late. Maybe they will make the 9:30 fireworks. Then you have Monday to sleep in on since the parks won't open until 10am. Monday will be quiet so you can get in plenty of rides.

Smile Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

THANKS SO MUCH, SwampyMarsh! This sounds like good advice, and it's good to know that the park hours are longer on Sundays.

Does anyone know what crowds will be like March 19-20th? I'm new to Cali and I'm not familiar with spring break crowds or when schools let out. I have a friend who will be visiting and she really wants to visit DL. I really want to take advantage of the 2 parks for $99 deal going on right now, especially since blackout dates don't go into effect until March 30th!

Today, I feel like driving through a cursed temple, taking a tour of a haunted antebellum mansion, plunging down a waterfall in a hollowed-out log, bobsledding down a famous swiss mountain, traveling through the darkest recesses of space, and watching fireworks explode over a fantastical castle.

Yeah, that sounds fun.

We are going to Anaheim March 9-14, meaning we are flying in the morning of March 9th and flying out the morning of March 14th. We have three day park hopper passes. What days would be the best to use our park hopper? We are not too worried about crowds, we know there will be a lot of people, we had a hard time getting a hotel room. We want to make sure that we are able to see the most during our time there; rides, shows, fireworks and characters. We will have several adults and a few kiddos. It has been a long time since we have done Disneyland with kiddos

Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567142954 ... LastLast