Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 153037383940414243506590 ... LastLast

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Yes you are correct shorter hours on a day like that indicates they expect lower crowds than a long hour day. However I feel that Disney is in error. When Veterans Day falls along a weekend it usually has 8-11 hours. Being on a Monday instead of starting the weekend it may be slower, but I wouldn't be surprised if they extend the hours before or on the very day.

Never the less, the 18th starts a busy week when lots of tourists are in the park. The 25th has a tailing off at nice since it ends a vacation week. I'd give the 12th a small edge over the 25th.
    Thanks for the info!

Enjoy Monday morning when it's slow. Sunday will be busy and Monday will start getting busy in the afternoon.
    Is this typical? Where mornings are less busy but picks up later in the day?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by chechnya View Post
    Is this typical? Where mornings are less busy but picks up later in the day?
    Yes everyday is like that because of people who stay up late and want to sleep in.

On long hour days when the parks open at 8am, usually the first 2 hours are calm to moderate. At night usually the last hour is better too but not always calm but better than earlier in the day.

There are rare instances where this isn't true, like Christmas Week when the park fills up super fast.

We are taking a Girl's Trip to the parks for my birthday. We will be at Disneyland for the full hours on Thursday, October 25, and California Adventures for the full hours of Friday, October 26. I was curious as to how the crowd levels may be, considering it is quite close to a holiday. Will the Halloween theme influence the crowds during the time we will be visiting?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by themouse View Post
    We are taking a Girl's Trip to the parks for my birthday. We will be at Disneyland for the full hours on Thursday, October 25, and California Adventures for the full hours of Friday, October 26. I was curious as to how the crowd levels may be, considering it is quite close to a holiday. Will the Halloween theme influence the crowds during the time we will be visiting?
    It's not a bad time. Make the most of Thursday as that will be pleasant. Be sure to do Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy on Thursday or very early Friday if you want to go again. Friday be there early and gather Fast Passes to use later in the day. Friday afternoon Halloween Party guests will be arriving and it will get busy. In the evening it will be very busy.

If you are going to the party that is great. If not I'd suggest seeing World of Color that night and if planning any special dining do it that night too. Around 5 it will be crazy busy in DL so be out of the park then, DCA will get busy. Do things with reservations, like meals, WoC and using FPs so you aren't left with long wait Stand By Lines. Also for a Girl's Trip, you might enjoy dancing at the Mad T Party together on Friday night.

There is forecasted drizzle and chance of rain according to the National Weather Service for our upcoming trip Oct 22-24. Will that keep some people away? Right now touring plans has those days at 2, 2 & 3. So, by chance, could those days be even less crowded now??

Last January we were at DLR during a rainy weekend (well the sun was out by noon usually) and the park was empty. Every ride was a walk on.

• Air Pirate

Does anybody know how busy the parks are today? also it seems like there are some clouds, what are the chances of the fireworks not going tonight?
    -------------------------------------
    “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
    ~Leonardo da Vinci

“If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.”
    ~Walt Disney

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by saramommy View Post
    There is forecasted drizzle and chance of rain according to the National Weather Service for our upcoming trip Oct 22-24. Will that keep some people away? Right now touring plans has those days at 2, 2 & 3. So, by chance, could those days be even less crowded now??
    Rain drives away crowds, when it is raining in the morning which keeps people at home, and comes down really hard or prolongued in the day which cause mass exodus. On and off showers can have a weak effect. I'm expecting crowds to be quieter tomorrow night and little problem on Monday and Tuesday except right before and during the Halloween Party.

Quote Originally Posted by ewo1992 View Post
    Does anybody know how busy the parks are today? also it seems like there are some clouds, what are the chances of the fireworks not going tonight?
    I noticed a little breeze which in 5 hours may pose a problem. It's not the light breeze on the ground that's the problem, because it could be worse higher up. Any way I'm going to DCA tonight.

It's busy as expected for a busy weekend, it did feel like way more people in DL than DCA which was kind of weird. I'm not in the parks right now but was a couple hours ago and going back later.

• Living the Dream....

Disney at its worst today! crowds poorly managed,parking was a total mess and when we asked why we couldnt park where there was tram service we got nothing but lies from cast members! Very disappointed today...oh well maybe tomorrow. *sigh*

---------- Post added 10-20-2012 at 09:34 PM ----------

just wondering ...there were hordes of LDS at the park today. Was there a there a special event for the Mormons this weekend at Disneyland?
    Disneyland is my Fishing...

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by viigduckman View Post

just wondering ...there were hordes of LDS at the park today. Was there a there a special event for the Mormons this weekend at Disneyland?
    No, but the end of this week is when Utah Education Assciation has a conference. So most schools get the end of the week off, incuding some universities. Also some school districts in AZ including the by far biggest urban area of Pheonix also have off.

• Living the Dream....

Disney at its worst today! crowds poorly managed,parking was a total mess and when we asked why we couldnt park where there was tram service we got nothing but lies from cast members! Very disappointed today...oh well maybe tomorrow. *sigh*
    Disneyland is my Fishing...

Definitely on the 3rd of November. The drawback of this week is no fireworks running. If you don't make it let the 1st of December be your backup.

However there is a lot of risk involved, if a Saturday is forecasted to be very rainy and ends up being so, it could be less busy. It will be getting into the rainy season so that's a possibility, though would you want to go in the rain anyway/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information! We will try to make it on Nov. 2 (I see that DCA especially will be lighter on Nov. 2 vs. Nov. 9).

I had a couple more questions (not sure if this was the right place to ask).

If we get to DCA 5-10 minutes before opening, would it make more sense for time planning if we get in line for a FastPass for Radiator Springs Racers vs. going straight to the standby line for RSR?

I understand that the line for getting FastPasses for RSR can extend to Cathay Circle theater on busy days soon after official opening. (I realize that FastPasses for RSR will be gone within an hour after park opening.) Does that line move a lot faster than the actual line to ride?

When you have a FastPass for RSR, how long is the typical wait? I noticed that wait times using FastPasses in DL can vary in length from pretty short (Big Thunder Mountain) to fairly long (Star Tours).

Finally, is it worthwhile to get a FastPass for World of Color within the first hour of opening, in that the seating will be much better than getting a FastPass later in the day?

Thanks very much for your advice!

---------- Post added 10-21-2012 at 09:57 AM ----------

Definitely on the 3rd of November. The drawback of this week is no fireworks running. If you don't make it let the 1st of December be your backup.

However there is a lot of risk involved, if a Saturday is forecasted to be very rainy and ends up being so, it could be less busy. It will be getting into the rainy season so that's a possibility, though would you want to go in the rain anyway/
    Thanks for the information! We will try to make it on Nov. 2 (I see that DCA especially will be lighter on Nov. 2 vs. Nov. 9).

If we get to DCA 5-10 minutes before opening, would it make more sense for time planning if we get in line for a FastPass for Radiator Springs Racers vs. going straight to the standby line for RSR?

I understand that the line for getting FastPasses for RSR can extend to Cathay Circle theater on busy days soon after official opening. (I realize that FastPasses for RSR will be gone within an hour after park opening.) Does that line move a lot faster than the actual line to ride?

When you have a FastPass for RSR, how long is the typical wait? I noticed that wait times using FastPasses in DL can vary in length from pretty short (Big Thunder Mountain) to fairly long (Star Tours).

Finally, is it worthwhile to get a FastPass for World of Color within the first hour of opening, in that the seating will be much better than getting a FastPass later in the day?

Thanks very much for your advice!

No, but the end of this week is when Utah Education Assciation has a conference. So most schools get the end of the week off, incuding some universities. Also some school districts in AZ including the by far biggest urban area of Pheonix also have off.
    I live in Utah, and it used to be that most school districts took that weekend (UEA) as a fall break. The last couple of years, all school districts use a different October weekend for fall break. Our fall break this year was last weekend, but a lot of people we know had this weekend. And there are some who have next weekend. It's definitely all staggered now.

Well we have gone in may and the rides are all walk on's and then gone in December and it was slightly more crowded but during school is the best time to go! my family loves it

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    No problem with me.

It first depends on a couple things on is predictable the other not. Is it a DCA EMH day when hotel guests are already in line. More important is it a day when RSR was up and running for EMH or opening. The RSR line can build quickly especially with EMH guests already in the park, and many wait if the ride isn't open on time.

So what happens is the ride has high capacity so if it's running it could have a 10-30 minute wait. If its opening is delayed it could have a 45 minute wait at opening during EMH and 20-45 plus whatever until it opens on normal opening days. EMH days are MWF and Sunday.

This is why I go to the FP first, something I've done since late July after I've seen people stand for 90-120 waiting for it to open. Some people do go strait to the FP distribution line after the gates open for rope drop, waiting 30 minutes plus 5 to get a FP. It's a bet since you don't know when RSR will open until it does, and you can't tell at opening unless you walk into Carsland.

Even if you walk in 5 minutes before the park opens it takes 15-20 minutes to get a FP even if you get in the end of the FP line in front of ToT. The huge lines moves quickly.

The FPs last at least about 90 minutes, not 60, and on your slow days maybe as much as 120 minutes.

It doesn't extend to the Carthey Circle, it starts there, and at regular opening it's led forward to the EMH guests who can get in the FP distribution line earlier. The line can extend back into Hollywood Land and to the ToT and into A Bugs Land.

It depends if RSR is running or not, because it closes often. This causes people with FP to return later when it's open again. It can be about 5-25 minutes generally building through the day with closures, and the back up of returning FP guests.

On the WoC FPs they can go as fast as about 90 minutes per color, Blue then Yellow. but that may not happen again until Christmas week. It usually takes 120-180 minutes now. So really no hurry. Also remember WoC FPs do not effect other FP so it doesn't matter what FP you have or want to get when you get a WoC FP.