Page 41 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1631383940414243445166 ... LastLast

• Nor Cal AP'er

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

I didn't see a post for Thanksgiving how are we looking for the 22-25th? I know all but premium will be blocked until that Sunday(I'll be leaving that day anyways) I more than expect big crowds....T.I.A :-)
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment 626 View Post
    I more than expect big crowds....T.I.A :-)
    Go in with that expectation and with a little luck it will be better. It's going to be very, very busy. Even Turkey Day and Black Friday have lots of crowds. Make it day for a smoked turkey leg or get a reservation elsewhere. Almost all sit down dining and some other places have special festive menu options.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    No problem with me.

It first depends on a couple things on is predictable the other not. Is it a DCA EMH day when hotel guests are already in line. More important is it a day when RSR was up and running for EMH or opening. The RSR line can build quickly especially with EMH guests already in the park, and many wait if the ride isn't open on time.

So what happens is the ride has high capacity so if it's running it could have a 10-30 minute wait. If its opening is delayed it could have a 45 minute wait at opening during EMH and 20-45 plus whatever until it opens on normal opening days. EMH days are MWF and Sunday.

This is why I go to the FP first, something I've done since late July after I've seen people stand for 90-120 waiting for it to open. Some people do go strait to the FP distribution line after the gates open for rope drop, waiting 30 minutes plus 5 to get a FP. It's a bet since you don't know when RSR will open until it does, and you can't tell at opening unless you walk into Carsland.

Even if you walk in 5 minutes before the park opens it takes 15-20 minutes to get a FP even if you get in the end of the FP line in front of ToT. The huge lines moves quickly.

The FPs last at least about 90 minutes, not 60, and on your slow days maybe as much as 120 minutes.

It doesn't extend to the Carthey Circle, it starts there, and at regular opening it's led forward to the EMH guests who can get in the FP distribution line earlier. The line can extend back into Hollywood Land and to the ToT and into A Bugs Land.

It depends if RSR is running or not, because it closes often. This causes people with FP to return later when it's open again. It can be about 5-25 minutes generally building through the day with closures, and the back up of returning FP guests.

On the WoC FPs they can go as fast as about 90 minutes per color, Blue then Yellow. but that may not happen again until Christmas week. It usually takes 120-180 minutes now. So really no hurry. Also remember WoC FPs do not effect other FP so it doesn't matter what FP you have or want to get when you get a WoC FP.
    Thanks very much for all your help! I see it's a little more complicated than I realized, but I think I have enough information to make an informed decision. Thanks again!

Going to Disneyland on the 30th will it be busy since its the day before Halloween?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by SirGalvan View Post
    Going to Disneyland on the 30th will it be busy since its the day before Halloween?
    It's going to have very mild crowds. Some people do go for a few days for the final Halloween party. Nothing bad just not super quiet.

First trip ever to Disneyland Dec 7-10th...I see that there are blockouts that weekend. Is this just Holiday crowds or something else going on?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by WdwTland View Post
    First trip ever to Disneyland Dec 7-10th...I see that there are blockouts that weekend. Is this just Holiday crowds or something else going on?
    Weekends during the Holidays are always quite busy. If you look at the blockout calendar you will notice it's nothing unusual, lower level APs are usually blocked on the weekend days. Blockout Calendars | Annual Passports | Disneyland Resort

Enjoy Friday morning and early afternoon and also Monday when crowds will be more moderate.

Would you agree that 1/2-1/6 will be the least crazy stretch of the Christmas vacation weeks? I'm really, really trying to avoid taking my kids out of school.

I know a lot of people go back to work on the 2nd, and some schools start back then too.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    Would you agree that 1/2-1/6 will be the least crazy stretch of the Christmas vacation weeks? I'm really, really trying to avoid taking my kids out of school.

I know a lot of people go back to work on the 2nd, and some schools start back then too.
    It's not horrible like it is between the weekend before Christmas upto the 1st. It's a good alternative when you need to go during a school vacation. Be prepared because it still is very busy, but be glad you aren't there the week pior.

This Friday (10/26) it appears that the Santa Ana winds will be hitting Disneyland. Do many stay home on a day like this or do they rough it?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Oingofan View Post
    This Friday (10/26) it appears that the Santa Ana winds will be hitting Disneyland. Do many stay home on a day like this or do they rough it?

It's a Dead Man's Party. This Friday is another Halloween party. It won't be bad in the morning but afternoon and evening get busy. If the winds are present it could stop much of the Party's fireworks from running.

When the party starts regular guest can only go to DCA and it gets very busy.

I am going on my first trip to dl on feb 9th till the 16th 2013, could you let me know if this is a good time please?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustinius View Post
    I am going on my first trip to dl on feb 9th till the 16th 2013, could you let me know if this is a good time please?
    It's a very good time for low crowds.

It can be a rainy time, check the weather before your leave if you will need raingear. It may be cold. Rehabs are common. Entertainment will be limited, that is very little on weekdays. Hours will be short so not a lot of night time in the parks.

While you will want to be in the park on Fridays, Saturday and Sunday for Fantasmic and Fireworks, they will be busier, especially the 16th.

Thank you for the quick reply! Did I make a bad decision regarding the dates? I am a valentines baby, and thus wanted to be there for my b-day. Rain? Bring it! I'm from Vancouver Canada!! I'm sure SoCal rain is manageable!? Hopefully, that is!
    Based on our dates we will only be there for a Sunday (the 10th) and a Friday (15th) we arrive on a Saturday but not until noon at sna. I originally wanted to go directly to the hotel and check in and then go straight to the park, but I think that will be exhausting for our kids. I was thinking just doing downtown dl on Saturday.
    Any input would be appreciated. And although I'm sure anytime is a good time to visit dl, I sincerely hope I made the right call on the dates.
    When you say rain, you mean a warm shower for us Canadians eh?

• Under that tree again!

As far as the dates being a wrong or right situation, it just depends on what you want in your visit. I like low crowds myself and enjoy going during that season. I like nights in DL when it's open late, but when the hours are short, 10am to 8pm, that means I get to sleep in.

You might decide when you are there on Saturday if you want to go or not. I would consider into it that you may want to make a long day on Sunday so need to be up early. Just see how the kids are and how the flights go.

Saturday you could do tons of other things if interested. Visit Hollywood, the beach, La Brea Tar Pits, shopping malls, looks in the Disney Hotels. Lots of options to the parks.

As far as rain, it could be like what you are used to but not obviously better. It's not like Florida where it rains when it's hot and humid. In LA the storm can be cold and wet if coming from the north or cool and wet if coming from Hawaii. Storms at this time of year put snow on the mountains in the distance. It's surely not as rainy as Vancouver but it is about the rainiest time of year for LA, so check the weather because it's kind of hit or miss.

I would make the effort to see Fireworks on Sunday night, because wind which comes with rain can limit or cancel the show. See WoC midweek. Friday will be your only chance to see Fantasmic, it's not showing the weekend before or Jan7th to Feb 15th. If you didn't see the fireworks on Sunday you only other chance is that Friday.

If you reconsider your dates, be warned the following week is very busy, you are leaving on a major 3 day weekend because of President's Day, and the start of many school's winter breaks.

As of right now, Big Thunder Mountain and the Mark Twain will be closed. Unconfirmed the Parade in DL may not be running.