Page 42 of 95 FirstFirst ... 173239404142434445526792 ... LastLast

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

might be going 11.12 or 11.13
    will the days after veterans day be crowded or will they be off season crowds?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    might be going 11.12 or 11.13
    will the days after veterans day be crowded or will they be off season crowds?
    Both. Because Veterans Day is the 11th and falls on the weekend it's observed on Monday the 12th. So it will be busy on the 12th and very much not busy on the 13th.

Thanks swampymarsh you've been very helpful. I picked my dates also based on the fact that Mardi GRAS is on the 12 th of feb and valentines on the 14th. Does dl not do anything worthwhile on those dates? I heard that they a revamped what they do on valentines day now. Is this true? Rain or shine, I'm stuck now! I used Hotwire for a hotel stay at Ayres inn orange for 60 bucks a night and cant be cancelled.Our flights from seattle direct were only 800 all in for fam of 4. So at least I'd it's miserable weather wise I won't be breaking the bank!
    have you heard good things about the ayres inn? So many questions so little time!
    Is it ok to private MSG you? I am a planner, and want this trip to be amazing!

I'm looking at the Park Hours & Calendar in Disneyland and so far all december days in DL have no Parade or even Fantasmic scheduled. Is that how it's going to be or you think it will be updated in the future??. I'm going those days and it will be really sad if I missed them, specially fantasmic.

• Light up the HALO!

Quote Originally Posted by vblara View Post
    I'm looking at the Park Hours & Calendar in Disneyland and so far all december days in DL have no Parade or even Fantasmic scheduled. Is that how it's going to be or you think it will be updated in the future??. I'm going those days and it will be really sad if I missed them, specially fantasmic.
    It takes them about two weeks after they post the hours to schedule the events like Parades or Fantasmic!. They should be up in a couple of weeks. Just keep checking.
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustinius View Post
    Thanks swampymarsh you've been very helpful. I picked my dates also based on the fact that Mardi GRAS is on the 12 th of feb and valentines on the 14th. Does dl not do anything worthwhile on those dates? I heard that they a revamped what they do on valentines day now. Is this true? Rain or shine, I'm stuck now! I used Hotwire for a hotel stay at Ayres inn orange for 60 bucks a night and cant be cancelled.Our flights from seattle direct were only 800 all in for fam of 4. So at least I'd it's miserable weather wise I won't be breaking the bank!
    have you heard good things about the ayres inn? So many questions so little time!
    Is it ok to private MSG you? I am a planner, and want this trip to be amazing!
    In the past Valentines day has not had anything huge, but it is a big day for Disneyland dates. There were some dinner for 2 specials.

Mardi Gras is a little more spirited since DL has New Orleans Square, and with the movie the Princess and the Frog lending some characters to focus around. They had extra music shows around that time.

However this year with their new 52 weeks of magic and those holidays coming in the same week it will be hard to see how it turns out. Expect to here more in the future particularily after the holidays season ends.

I've stayed in the Ayres Anaheim, but it's a small chain and all the hotels are very similar. For $60 you should be very pleased. They are nice, semi business oriented. The problem you would have is it's far away, but with the short hours that will only present a small problem. The Anaheim Ayres is one of my favorite hotels so staying at it's cousin resort for only $60 is more blessing than curse.

Quote Originally Posted by vblara View Post
    Don't worry, the Calendar doesn't fully update until the dates get closer. I can tell you based on year past that fireworks are nightly, Fantasmic! is Fri, Sat and Sun until about the 15th, so probably starting on the 14th will be nightly.

Thank you for the answer junglecskipper and swampymarsh, I'll wait for the calendar to update

Oh ok I was nervous as I work at WDW and when we are blocked out here its usually complete chaos. We land early Friday so that evening should be a good time to go.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Weekends during the Holidays are always quite busy. If you look at the blockout calendar you will notice it's nothing unusual, lower level APs are usually blocked on the weekend days. Blockout Calendars | Annual Passports | Disneyland Resort

Enjoy Friday morning and early afternoon and also Monday when crowds will be more moderate.

I'd like to take my son to Disneyland for his birthday which unfortunately falls on Thanksgiving. I'm willing to go on a weekday to avoid crowds and according to Touringplans.com 11/29 is rated a 3 but I can't see any days prior to that. Are there any days that are better in the month of November or is it all pretty much the same? Also, my friend gave me 2 passes so I am okay for adult tickets but I need one for my son who is turning 4. Any tips on getting a discount ticket that would allow for both DCA and DL in 1 day?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Josabermo View Post
    I'd like to take my son to Disneyland for his birthday which unfortunately falls on Thanksgiving. I'm willing to go on a weekday to avoid crowds and according to Touringplans.com 11/29 is rated a 3 but I can't see any days prior to that. Are there any days that are better in the month of November or is it all pretty much the same? Also, my friend gave me 2 passes so I am okay for adult tickets but I need one for my son who is turning 4. Any tips on getting a discount ticket that would allow for both DCA and DL in 1 day?
    Monday through Thursday of that week, the one after Thanksgiving is a super great time to go for low crowds. Show up early giving yourself plenty of time to get out of the car and to the gates, 9am. And see if he can make it all day. 10am to 8pm are both park's hours.

As far as a discount ticket, unless your employer sells tickets you are out of luck. Usually only 3 day or longer tickets are discounted.

Having a hard time deciding the best time to go... How do you think the crowds will compare between Mon Nov. 12th versus Thurs Dec. 6th?

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Dee View Post
    Having a hard time deciding the best time to go... How do you think the crowds will compare between Mon Nov. 12th versus Thurs Dec. 6th?
    Nov 12th is Veterans Day. Most people will be finishing up their 3 day weekend and the locals will still be there all day. Can't remember when Candlelight Procession begins but I believe early December is around that time for it. If nothing is going on December 6th, I would go with that day.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Monday through Thursday of that week, the one after Thanksgiving is a super great time to go for low crowds. Show up early giving yourself plenty of time to get out of the car and to the gates, 9am. And see if he can make it all day. 10am to 8pm are both park's hours.

As far as a discount ticket, unless your employer sells tickets you are out of luck. Usually only 3 day or longer tickets are discounted.

Thanks for your good advice! I think I will go on the Thursday after Thanksgiving since the Holiday decor should be up and I think they still have fireworks....

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Dee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Nov 12th is Veterans Day. Most people will be finishing up their 3 day weekend and the locals will still be there all day. Can't remember when Candlelight Procession begins but I believe early December is around that time for it. If nothing is going on December 6th, I would go with that day.
    Candlelight Procession is running the 1st to 20th. However the CP doesn't add massive crowds to the parks it just makes Town Square and Main Street crowded in the evening. Crowds will be about the same on both of those days with maybe a slight edge to the 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Josabermo View Post
    Thanks for your good advice! I think I will go on the Thursday after Thanksgiving since the Holiday decor should be up and I think they still have fireworks....
    Don't worry about those things. The Holiday Season which included the full array of decoraction and nightly fireworks starts on the 12th of November.

[QUOTE=swampymarsh;1056860707]Candlelight Procession is running the 1st to 20th. However the CP doesn't add massive crowds to the parks it just makes Town Square and Main Street crowded in the evening. Crowds will be about the same on both of those days with maybe a slight edge to the 6th.

Thank you both for your information!