Page 46 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2136434445464748495671 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by karlhafen View Post
    We are looking at weekend dates in January or February 2013. The
    Tinkerbell Half Marathon/ Martin Luther King weekend (Saturday Sunday Monday 1/19-21) is what we are considering because the kids have Monday off. Touring plans has it at 9,10,9 so I understand it will be busy. What can I expect? Will this be a New Years eve "10" or a spring break "10". Disneyland has not released the schedule yet so I do not know the opening times. Any recommendations for this or other weekends near the first of the year?
    Not like New Years Eve when the park is crazy just very busy and Monday will have the crowds trailing off pretty quick.

Like many other rating systems TP has a problem. When they rate the park at a 10 and then it's worse later, they can only use 10 again, since the scale can't go to 11 or 12.

The Sunday race starts in the parks and then leaves the parks. It may cancel Extra Magic Hours for the resort guest but not likely. It may mean DL opens at 9am but again not likely. The race starts at 5am so everyone should be through the parks and out in time for the parks to open as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Your plan sounds great. If you aren't aware because it's the Holiday Season Firworks are nightly. Only F! will be limited to the weekend so make that your Sunday night priority.

For F! if the boys are old enough to see the second show at 10:30 watch it. While the 9pm show will have people start claiming spots at around 5pm and be pretty full by 7-8pm, you could walk around the first show, and hang out by Haunted Mansion, Splash, and Pooh, even rides these at this time because waits tend to be low. At about 9:25 stand on the west edge of the viewing area and as people leave take a good spot going on. Also the fireworks will start at 9:30 I'd highly suggest watching them your first night and not from the poor viewing area at F!.
    Thank you Swampymarsh, very helpful info. And yes, my boys are 8 and 5 and they will no doubt be able to stay up for the late show.
    Are the weekend fireworks shows better than midweek fireworks?
    I noticed (via my MouseWait android app) that Radiator Springs Racers was closed a couple times this past weekend, does it close regularly (I understand it's a new ride and this will happen)? I also noticed the wait time on Saturday 7:00pm was 128 minutes lol, CRAZY!

24 hours till take off weeeeeeeeeee. My kids don't even know yet, they think it's a regular school day tomorrow lol.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by bcdemon View Post
    Are the weekend fireworks shows better than midweek fireworks?
    I noticed (via my MouseWait android app) that Radiator Springs Racers was closed a couple times this past weekend, does it close regularly (I understand it's a new ride and this will happen)? I also noticed the wait time on Saturday 7:00pm was 128 minutes lol, CRAZY!
    Fireworks are the same every night. I suggest seeing them the first night because they can easily be limited or cancelled due to wind. That way if you miss them you will have a second chance plus a 3rd.....

RSR does break down often. 128 minutes is fairly typical, don't expect it to be under 60 minutes unless you happen to walk back there right as it repopens from a closure. I would suggest not doing the standby wait but getting FastPasses to ride.

The whole day's RSR's FastPasses are distrbuted in about 90 minutes. After each person enter either park thier tickets are activated for the day, then I'd have one person go to DCA, to get in the FP distribution line. It starts near the Carthay Circle Theatre, and goes back into Hollywood Land. While you can get in the line during rope drop, it won't start moving until they open the FP machines at park opening. Even though this line could look enourmous once the park opens it moves quickly and you should have your FPs in about 20 minutes or less. Then have that person go meet up with the group.

RSR is awesome. If you haven't been on it yet, you will want to ride more than once. Also try riding it during the evening your first time.

Oh fonts of DLR wisdom, hear my plea - I am bringing my wife for her first-ever DL visit this weekend. Although we have been to WDW several times together, I'm excited to bring her to the Magic Kingdom I grew up vacationing at for the first time, and at Christmas to boot.

We are visiting friends in the area, and will definitely be going to the park(s) on Monday, Dec 10. I'm hoping this will be a bit lighter crowds than the weekend. We also are debating which day (Sat, Dec 8, or Sunday, Dec 9) will be a better day to begin... and which park, which day?

My temptation is to go with the conventional "Saturday is an AP blockout day, so should be better" and to focus on DL (F!, Candlelight) and leave DCA to Monday.

Thoughts? Advice? Prayers and good wishes?

• Under that tree again!

I'd suggest Sunday. While the APs have some effect it's not particulairly huge and I doubt you would notice if you went both days. The negative of this is Indy which is reopening this weekend after a long rehab may have worse lines on Sunday as local come to see.

The reason I'd go Sunday is because crowds cut out at night because of school the next day. It's a good night to see the second run F!. You may also want to focus on the Fireworks and Parade since they don't have these as part of a party like they do in the MK. Candlelight will take a big investment of time, if you want to hear the reading that's your choice, but you may want to just watch the quick processional from further back in the park along the parade route which starts at Small World.

See my advice a post above yours about getting a RSR FP on Monday.

Thanks for the quick and comprehensive advice! Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Not like New Years Eve when the park is crazy just very busy and Monday will have the crowds trailing off pretty quick.

Like many other rating systems TP has a problem. When they rate the park at a 10 and then it's worse later, they can only use 10 again, since the scale can't go to 11 or 12.

The Sunday race starts in the parks and then leaves the parks. It may cancel Extra Magic Hours for the resort guest but not likely. It may mean DL opens at 9am but again not likely. The race starts at 5am so everyone should be through the parks and out in time for the parks to open as planned.
    Thanks Swampy!

• Still Dizzy

Alrighty need some help. I'm doing two days in the park and a day at universal Jan 19th through the 21st. I'm trying to figure out which two days for disney and which for universal.

Monday is a school holiday. Who gets more crowded on school holidays, universal or disney?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Alrighty need some help. I'm doing two days in the park and a day at universal Jan 19th through the 21st. I'm trying to figure out which two days for disney and which for universal.

Monday is a school holiday. Who gets more crowded on school holidays, universal or disney?
    It doesn't really matter, the crowds patterns based on holidays is the same for both parks.

If on Monday you can stay out later, I'd finish at Disneyland. Crowds will trail off Monday evening and since you can get through USH pretty quick you may want the slow evening in DLR where there is lots to do.

Hi forum - can you help me plan our trip a bit? Planning on 12/18-22. Not sure which days have lower attendance for either park as I fully expect crowds. It's our first trip back to DL since 10/2011 and we're looking forward to our first Carsland visit and riding RSR at least twice (day/night) during our stay. First day we arrive to the park around 11am, so planning to head to DL and then the next day DCA, but what are your suggestions for either park during our time there? Thank you!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyU4EA View Post
    Hi forum - can you help me plan our trip a bit? Planning on 12/18-22. Not sure which days have lower attendance for either park as I fully expect crowds. It's our first trip back to DL since 10/2011 and we're looking forward to our first Carsland visit and riding RSR at least twice (day/night) during our stay. First day we arrive to the park around 11am, so planning to head to DL and then the next day DCA, but what are your suggestions for either park during our time there? Thank you!
    It going to be very busy on each day but worse on Friday night and Saturday. Use FastPass very well. Read the end of the Joy of FastPass sticky on here. The Joy of Fastpass

Try to get to the park early, to get in during rope drop and use the early hours. Get your RSR FP right away, because as you read the FP thread you will see they are all distributed early in the morning.

Snap Swampy, I am so glad I found this site and your help has saved me a PILE of time. From the fastpass tips for RSR to the Fantasmic advice, it helped lots. We went over to The Rivers of America about 2 hours before the first Fantasmic show and it was already packed as you advised (we were looking for food lol). So we hit rides that had 2-5 people in line, probably hit 6 kiddie rides (Dumbo, Storybook, Circus Train etc) in an hour. Then made our way back to watch the late Fantasmic. And I must say, it was one of the most exciting live shows I have ever seen. My family and I really appreciate your assistance. Give yourself an "Ada Boy" lol.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by bcdemon View Post
    Snap Swampy, I am so glad I found this site and your help has saved me a PILE of time. From the fastpass tips for RSR to the Fantasmic advice, it helped lots. We went over to The Rivers of America about 2 hours before the first Fantasmic show and it was already packed as you advised (we were looking for food lol). So we hit rides that had 2-5 people in line, probably hit 6 kiddie rides (Dumbo, Storybook, Circus Train etc) in an hour. Then made our way back to watch the late Fantasmic. And I must say, it was one of the most exciting live shows I have ever seen. My family and I really appreciate your assistance. Give yourself an "Ada Boy" lol.
    Lots of my advice is refined from my own experience in the parks, where I try to pack in everything my niece, nephew and myself want to do and often playing a tour guide rolls for my friends, parents and sister and brother inlaw. I'm glad if worked out well for you too and you had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post

I'll give you my experience from last year. We stayed up at the park on Saturday and Sunday that weekend. We didn't know the Half Marathon was happening.

I didn't think it was particularly crowded or busy on Saturday or Sunday, I thought it was fine. But, getting into the park on Sunday was painful. The Toy Story lot was closed until after the marathon was over. We were staying at a hotel near the Toy Story lot, so to try to get into the parking structure, it took us close to 2 hours of driving side streets.

This year, we're going again, but I'm actually racing in the half marathon, and we're staying across the street.

Just saw the numbers from Tour Planning for Feb 8 & 9. It shows friday at a 5 and Saturday at a 9. why is it that busy on saturday? It's the slow time and no holidays, so what gives?