Page 47 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2237444546474849505772 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: When Will It Be Busy At Disneyland - 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDuckFan View Post
    Just saw the numbers from Tour Planning for Feb 8 & 9. It shows friday at a 5 and Saturday at a 9. why is it that busy on saturday? It's the slow time and no holidays, so what gives?
    It's just how their scale works. It's very compressed so they have to give it some rank. If they used a 1-100 scale instead it would fall lower than 90.

Don't be too concerned about Saurday but do expect it to be busy not anywhere close to calm. Friday night and weekends are always busy with locals.

hello! planning my first trip back since jan 2007, and possibly my first solo trip. looking at jan 4th and 5th, possibly the 6th. i'm thinking it's gonna be crowded, but like, new years crowded or summer crowded? plus, any tips with carsland? really wanna see that and woc. thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by ministrychick77 View Post
    hello! planning my first trip back since jan 2007, and possibly my first solo trip. looking at jan 4th and 5th, possibly the 6th. i'm thinking it's gonna be crowded, but like, new years crowded or summer crowded? plus, any tips with carsland? really wanna see that and woc. thanks!!
    What we did the last time we went for WOC was go for the fast pass as soon as you get to the parks. I got a really great section up front and in the middle and I think that day we got to the parks right when they opened. They pass them out at Grizzly River Run and these run out!! The FP will tell you when to return and the CM's will direct you where you need to go. Get there early because even within the sections you can get a crappy view.

I'm sure others will give you more advice and I've even seen color coded maps. Honestly though, if you don't have the FP... WOC isn't worth seeing. There aren't any great views from what I've read.
    -- Stacy from Seattle

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ministrychick77 View Post
    It is going to be very crowded.

For Carsland, getting FPs for Radiator Springs Racers should be your priority. They will all be distributed in the first 90 minutes the park is open. You will find signs and CMs directing you to the FP distribution line that starts in front of the Carthay Theater and winds back into Hollywood Land(formerly called Hollywood picture Backlot). The line starts forming during Rope Drop, but FPs are distributed until regular park opening. Don't be intimidated by this long line, once the FP kiosks open it only take 20 minutes to get a FP.

When to return to use your FP, the wait to get on the ride could be in the 5-20 minute range.

If you go solo thier is a nearly equal option. The Single Rider line, many rides have them. With RSR the single rider line is only an ok option it could have a wait in the 5-75 minute range.

The Stand By wait will be in the 75-175 minute range.

Luigi's Flying Tires is the other thing to do right away in the morning as its waits can go over and hour also and there is not FP available. I would suggest you ride this only when you can wait under 30 minutes.

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree can get 30 minute waits but often it will be under that.

For WoC you should be able to get the FP into the late morning even early afternoon. Arrive early and find you color zone meet up place. There is only two zone, Blue and Yellow, for the best view get to the middle or Paradise Park where the two zones meet. Get a spot along the railings of an tier so you don't have to look through the people standing in front of you. The view is great from the bottom or top when unobstructed.

Don't forget to FP the new Star Tours.

These are the other attractions with single rider available.
    Rides & Attractions | Disneyland Resort

We're looking at the second week of January, 1/7/13-1/11/13. Im thinking that crowds should be pretty low but several rides will be down. Weather could go in any direction, but Im thinking cool and possibly rainy. Does this sound right to you?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    We're looking at the second week of January, 1/7/13-1/11/13. Im thinking that crowds should be pretty low but several rides will be down. Weather could go in any direction, but Im thinking cool and possibly rainy. Does this sound right to you?
    Sounds right. You know your only chance for a night show will be Friday for Fireworks, though WoC nightly right?

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Sounds right. You know your only chance for a night show will be Friday for Fireworks, though WoC nightly right?

Yes, but Ive just beat cancer and Im dying to just BE there. No special events required, just throw me on Main Street. I figure the mellow days will be better for me anyway since Im not fully recovered yet. And we're buying annual passes, so there will be plenty of fireworks throughout the year. Plus I cant wait another second! Thank you!

It is going to be very crowded.

For Carsland, getting FPs for Radiator Springs Racers should be your priority. They will all be distributed in the first 90 minutes the park is open. You will find signs and CMs directing you to the FP distribution line that starts in front of the Carthay Theater and winds back into Hollywood Land(formerly called Hollywood picture Backlot). The line starts forming during Rope Drop, but FPs are distributed until regular park opening. Don't be intimidated by this long line, once the FP kiosks open it only take 20 minutes to get a FP.

When to return to use your FP, the wait to get on the ride could be in the 5-20 minute range.

If you go solo thier is a nearly equal option. The Single Rider line, many rides have them. With RSR the single rider line is only an ok option it could have a wait in the 5-75 minute range.

The Stand By wait will be in the 75-175 minute range.

Luigi's Flying Tires is the other thing to do right away in the morning as its waits can go over and hour also and there is not FP available. I would suggest you ride this only when you can wait under 30 minutes.

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree can get 30 minute waits but often it will be under that.

For WoC you should be able to get the FP into the late morning even early afternoon. Arrive early and find you color zone meet up place. There is only two zone, Blue and Yellow, for the best view get to the middle or Paradise Park where the two zones meet. Get a spot along the railings of an tier so you don't have to look through the people standing in front of you. The view is great from the bottom or top when unobstructed.

Don't forget to FP the new Star Tours.

These are the other attractions with single rider available.
    Rides & Attractions | Disneyland Resort
    thank you!! i think i'm only gonna be there 2 days, so i wanna make the most of the time i'm gonna have there...

Dec 21st 2pm admission DCA - no fastpasses?

Tough getting there for my kids and I this year. Looks like it will be DCA only from about 130 or 2pm Friday Dec 21st. DCA only as both my kids are "done" with the crowds at Disneyland sad to say. But they are up for DCA bevause theyve never been so I'm going with that. I'm usually a power user (at DL) arriving early morning and not so close to Christmas day...milking the fast pass system as much as possible. (I know all the tricks). We (I) haven't been to DCA though in many years.

Question; will all fastpasses at DCA be sold out by then (2pm) or have super late return times?! I know Racers is gone by 930am...what about everything else?! I know it's a ridiculous time to start the day but it mightbe all we have. Concerned as they are so done with DL that showing up at 2pm DCA might only make things worse!!

• Under that tree again!

Re: Dec 21st 2pm admission DCA - no fastpasses?

Quote Originally Posted by Mousing Around View Post
    Looks like it will be DCA only from about 130 or 2pm Friday Dec 21st.

Question; will all fastpasses at DCA be sold out by then (2pm) or have super late return times?! I know Racers is gone by 930am...what about everything else?! I know it's a ridiculous time to start the day but it mightbe all we have. Concerned as they are so done with DL that showing up at 2pm DCA might only make things worse!!
    Other than RSR you should find FPs available for the other attractions, but by 6 it's possible they will be gone, espicially since CS closes early for WoC and the after 5 crowds will be there.

I might suggest spending a lot of time at the Mad T Party. If the kids are getting over visits to DL maybe the party atmosphere will be fun for them.

If you are going with park hoppers or have APs. Maybe you should hop over to DL and try for a Indy FP or even a couple FPs. That way you could get more FPs. Then hop back and forth using them.

Re: Dec 21st 2pm admission DCA - no fastpasses?

THANKS SWAMPY!! Thats great advice. My rule of thumb for a long while has been get there early or forget it! But I'd rather have something than nothing in this years case!!

Please can you tell me more anout CS closing early for WoC. I haven't been to DCA for many years and Screaming was going to be one if our main rides!!! When does it usually close?!?! I'd need to factor in FP return times seriously if it closes for WoC. I had NO IDEA so your information on this is HUGELY appreciated thank you.

And I agree. I have never park hopped before but it might be worth it this time. Although my experience at DL during the holidays is many if those FPs sell out by mid afternoon or have very very late return times. Still...probably worth it just fir a ton more options.

• Will return Soon...

Okay so we have bokoed flights and accomodation and tickets very last minute for 25th Dec-1st Jan.

Yep, I know we're crazy. But flights where really cheap as was the accomodation, and we thought, whynot. I know it will be crazy busy, like "are you nuts, stay home" But it is what it is!

Just hoping to get a little more information than crazy, maybe best place to start, tips for RSR FP, etc.

We also have Magic Mornings with our pass, I'm guessing this is DL only, and might be good at least for a ride on Star Tours.

Any wisdom or tips would be greatly appreciated on just what where facing crowd wise, and best way to manage!

Thanks!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mousing Around View Post
    Please can you tell me more anout CS closing early for WoC. I haven't been to DCA for many years and Screaming was going to be one if our main rides!!! When does it usually close?!?! I'd need to factor in FP return times seriously if it closes for WoC. I had NO IDEA so your information on this is HUGELY appreciated thank you.

Although my experience at DL during the holidays is many if those FPs sell out by mid afternoon or have very very late return times.
    For WoC they darken the whole lagoon area. CS, Mickey's Fun Wheel, King Tritons Carousel, Golden Zephyr, Jumping Jellyfish, and Silly Syphymphy swings close down. These rides close at various time, basically by taken the time WoC starts, 9pm, they look at the wait times, plus a buffer and close it that much early. It will probably be about 7pm when things start to close. Particularily with CS it may reopen after the show, this isn't an always, but when the park is open after WoC ends it can happen. TSMM, Little Mermaid and Goofy's Sky School run all day, despite WoC, and no thier lines do not go down during the show.

The FPs do go quicker when it's crowded. You are arriving roughly (within 1-3 hours) of when the parks go from very busy to insanely busy. That is why I have hope you can get a few FPs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigglesworth003 View Post
    Okay so we have bokoed flights and accomodation and tickets very last minute for 25th Dec-1st Jan.

Just hoping to get a little more information than crazy, maybe best place to start, tips for RSR FP, etc.

We also have Magic Mornings with our pass, I'm guessing this is DL only, and might be good at least for a ride on Star Tours.
    When you can go, go. It will be crazy, as in difficult to walk around, lines to do everything including using the men's room. Don't worry about the crowds, just go not expecting to get tons done, be a little flexible. Get a FP every two hours. Know that CS, Roger Rabit, and RSR are not connected so right after getting FPs for them, you can get another. Two hours is the max time between getting FPs.

Be there in the morning 30 minutes before the gates open, make the best use of the first hour in the park because that is the only time the crowds won't be bad or aweful. Get your first FP right before or after your first ride.

The MM may only be for DL, but maybe not that week. I haven't heard what will happen you will be there for it. See what happens your first day, if it's either park and MM everyday, or not. Then decided when or where to use it.

See this RSR advice.
    The whole day's RSR's FastPasses are distrbuted in about 90 minutes. After each person enter either park thier tickets are activated for the day, then I'd have one person go to DCA, to get in the FP distribution line. It starts near the Carthay Circle Theatre, and goes back into Hollywood Land. While you can get in the line during rope drop, it won't start moving until they open the FP machines at park opening. Even though this line could look enourmous once the park opens it moves quickly and you should have your FPs in about 20 minutes or less. Then have that person go meet up with the group.

I'm a glutton for punishment...trying to decide which day to go between December 22, 23, 24. Any ranking for how bad each day will be?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by pbd87 View Post
    I'm a glutton for punishment...trying to decide which day to go between December 22, 23, 24. Any ranking for how bad each day will be?
    Sounds like you are going with the right mindset, punishing crowds. All will be terribly busy so just pick the day of week which works best for you.

ETA:
    I hope you will see this, sorry I didn't mention earlier but I had to run out the door.

If it rains which is possible this will drop the crowds significantly. It is in the forecast for your day, but it's not simply going to reduce crowds. What it will take it heavy rain for a good while, not light or a quick shower. If it rains one morning people will stay home, if it rains heavily and people in the park get soaked they will leave. If you can predict one of those senarios you will know when to go, and bring your poncho/raincoat/umbrella. If it rains solidly enough to keep crowds away, but the next day is rainy too, some crowds will come in, if it does it for two days the third will have even more crowds. People can't delay thier visit, or sit in thier hotel rooms forever.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 12-18-2012 at 08:29 PM.